Sponsored

Last Call for 2023 Bronco Order Conversions at Granger Ford!!

Bifftws

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Z06 corvette, 2021 Ranger, BMW 328i manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
How do you know the mix of 2 vs 4 doors from the list?
Zach told me there were only a handful of 2 door reservations ahead of me on the list. I was talking to them about something else and it came up in the conversation. I am/was 36 on the list so it was easy to see how many were ahead of me. Don’t know what kind of builds any of those 2 door orders are though.
Sponsored

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am #21. 2DR Badlands, 2.7L, High, SAS.

Bifftws

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Z06 corvette, 2021 Ranger, BMW 328i manual
Your Bronco Model
Base

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2 door base squatch with 2.7. Might squeeze ahead of you with the high package.
Any Base model is harder to build than a Big Bend 2.3 with mid package apparently based on the anecdotal evidence.

Sponsored

jmadsen

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F350, 2017 Explorer, 1945 Ford GPW, 53 C6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Reading this Ford Authority article this caught my eye. Does this mean the allocation formula might be ignored to actually fulfill all the 22 orders /reservation holders first? I know we had heard something like this before but. ??

"Currently, 2023 Ford Bronco production is solely being allocated for 2022 order holders, meaning prospective buyers are essentially out of luck. While that may improve in the future,"

IS ford authority really the Authority?
Here is the link , the quote is down near the bottom of the article.
https://fordauthority.com/2022/12/2023-ford-bronco-hvac-knobs-add-digital-temperature-display/

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Reading this Ford Authority article this caught my eye. Does this mean the allocation formula might be ignored to actually fulfill all the 22 orders /reservation holders first? I know we had heard something like this before but. ??

"Currently, 2023 Ford Bronco production is solely being allocated for 2022 order holders, meaning prospective buyers are essentially out of luck. While that may improve in the future,"

IS ford authority really the Authority?
Here is the link , the quote is down near the bottom of the article.
https://fordauthority.com/2022/12/2023-ford-bronco-hvac-knobs-add-digital-temperature-display/

Key word, CURRENTLY. Subject to change once Granger orders are only remaining.

Also, I promise you that there are exceptions to the above, such as fleet orders.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just learned that my neighbor two houses down ordered the exact same bronco as I did from Granger. He just got a “build notification”. I am probably late spring.

It is the same trim (Badlands) with the same Sasquatch package and both in Oxford White. Now I need to decide if I change my color so we don’t have identical Broncos running around the hood.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just learned that my neighbor two houses down ordered the exact same bronco as I did from Granger. He just got a “build notification”. I am probably late spring.

It is the same trim (Badlands) with the same Sasquatch package and both in Oxford White. Now I need to decide if I change my color so we don’t have identical Broncos running around the hood.
OR . . . you do a 180 and you and your neighbor call each other every day before leaving the house so your clothes match as well as your Broncos. :LOL:

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...... Subject to change once Granger orders are only remaining.....
Dang, that is harsh!

I thought there were 2 or 3 more dealers out there that had reasonable pricing and therefore took a lot of orders.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

It just means what we already knew, that only 2022 carryover orders and unconverted reservation holders can place an order, therefore, currently (as in, as of right this moment) 2023 production is solely being allocated for 2022 order holders. Has nothing to do with the allocation formula and doesn't mean that the order banks won't eventually open up to public walk-ins.

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We all just keep hoping that @Zach@Granger 's hint of good news will contain the answer to our Broncos arrival.

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It just means what we already knew, that only 2022 carryover orders and unconverted reservation holders can place an order, therefore, currently (as in, as of right this moment) 2023 production is solely being allocated for 2022 order holders. Has nothing to do with the allocation formula and doesn't mean that the order banks won't eventually open up to public walk-ins.
Agreed.

I'm glad Ford did it though, or else I'd probably be looking at end of '23 instead of being in transit now. Holding off orders and concentrating on the backlog was the right choice. Been through the entire process and decisions from Ford on how to proceed did feel like lies at the time, instead it may have been the most prudent way to deal with the constraints. The one part that I do not like is the bowing to the dealers instead of sticking to the promised reservation process; it seems like a lot of dealers have dug their own grave because the Ford CEO is doing whatever he can to get away from the current dealership model.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Even if Ford solved all of their other parts constraints, they still don't have enough Hard Top production to build only customer orders. They have to mix in 20% soft-top dealer lot builds.

And at this point, almost everything left on the customer order side is 2-doors and 4-door hard tops.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They're still struggling with the MiC hard top.

It was in one of the Ford video guy's videos that they can barely do 50% of the 80% of total orders that want/require a hard top. What's worse about that is, I bet they're still having a high turn over of defective top parts. This isn't good news for a lot of 2Dr people like me.

Why I say this is, I've been trying to catch as many Broncos as I can that are delivered to my local Dealer.
In the last 3 months I've seen 3 tops (one 2Dr & two 4Dr) and they've all had issues.
One already had snake-skin on the passenger's side above the rear side glass. The other 2 had edges that clearly weren't molded/rounded over properly and you could see some of the inner honeycomb like MiC 1.0 had.

Unless something drastically changes, I won't see a build in '23, so I've started the ball rolling on something else with Zach and my local Dealer.

The first vehicle built wins, at this point.
Sponsored