Sponsored

Last Call for 2023 Bronco Order Conversions at Granger Ford!!

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reading this Ford Authority article this caught my eye. Does this mean the allocation formula might be ignored to actually fulfill all the 22 orders /reservation holders first? I know we had heard something like this before but. ??

"Currently, 2023 Ford Bronco production is solely being allocated for 2022 order holders, meaning prospective buyers are essentially out of luck. While that may improve in the future,"

IS ford authority really the Authority?
Here is the link , the quote is down near the bottom of the article.
https://fordauthority.com/2022/12/2023-ford-bronco-hvac-knobs-add-digital-temperature-display/
Not pointed at you, but I don't believe a word of this. If FORD were honestly going to clear the reservations, they would have made a clear and concise statement or announcement- leaving no debate. But that is not what has happened. And speaking as a quasi-psychologist, the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. This spring, FORD lots will be filled with Broncos for walk-ons.

FORD has pulled some VINS for some of our early rez holders but at 876 days waiting myself as of 12/6, FORD has a long way to go. If FORD wanted to clear these reservations, they could easily do it. We've all seen the production numbers that were released. They could wipe out Granger in a week if they wanted to. But they don't. They are weirdly punishing customers with this stance towards these dealers. This is a bad faith move on their part and will make me reconsider ever buying a FORD product in the future.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dang, that is harsh!

I thought there were 2 or 3 more dealers out there that had reasonable pricing and therefore took a lot of orders.
But it's true, and I am in line at Granger, but I still accept that this is the truth.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They're still struggling with the MiC hard top.

It was in one of the Ford video guy's videos that they can barely do 50% of the 80% of total orders that want/require a hard top. What's worse about that is, I bet they're still having a high turn over of defective top parts. This isn't good news for a lot of 2Dr people like me.

Why I say this is, I've been trying to catch as many Broncos as I can that are delivered to my local Dealer.
In the last 3 months I've seen 3 tops (one 2Dr & two 4Dr) and they've all had issues.
One already had snake-skin on the passenger's side above the rear side glass. The other 2 had edges that clearly weren't molded/rounded over properly and you could see some of the inner honeycomb like MiC 1.0 had.

Unless something drastically changes, I won't see a build in '23, so I've started the ball rolling on something else with Zach and my local Dealer.

The first vehicle built wins, at this point.
While I cannot speak intelligently about the production status of the top factory and I think that podcast has generally been a reliable source rather than clickbait, I still think the MiC hardtop thing is an excuse.

I too lurk my local dealerships. While there is not a large influx of 2DR, they are regularly coming in. In fact, Napleton still has essentially my build on their lot right now with a $10K ADM. It's a 2DR CG WT and I have a 2DR CG BL w/SAS on rez at Granger. Both are high package. This is not the first build there like that. Buss Ford had a 2DR BL in chili pepper very recently. It was sweet and I don't like red but I digress.

IF FORD were acting in good faith, it would prioritize the 2DRs for rez holders going into MY23. They continue to make purposeful moves to provide dealer stock at inflated prices at the expense of people (rez holders) on this forum. The very folks who made this truck the smash hit that it is.

Just Ice

Wildtrak
First Name
Jessica Justice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco / 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I too lurk my local dealership. They always have at least 2 or 3 Broncos available, and every single one I’ve looked at over the past six months has had a green window sticker.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I too lurk my local dealership. They always have at least 2 or 3 Broncos available, and every single one I’ve looked at over the past six months has had a green window sticker.
My local is pretty small, so they don't get many Broncos and I've seen three 'abandoned' in the last 3 months. They were a 4Dr Sasquatch OB with soft top, 2 Dr base optioned OB, 4 Dr non-Sasquatched Badlands.

They seem to move a lot of F-series trucks and Escapes, with Bronco Sports being hit or miss (they have 5 on the lot atm), and Rangers are few and far between (they have a Sandstone XLT FX4 that has been on the lot for over 2 months now)

They're having the same issue as most small/smaller Dealers when it comes to allocation and orders left to fill.

To give an idea of their 'size', they have people on a list waiting on the Raptor R, but don't have allocation/allocations to get any.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Bifftws

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Z06 corvette, 2021 Ranger, BMW 328i manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good news will come. I don't know when...But it will come.
I'm glad everyone at Granger is staying positive. I have said it a 100 times on this site, you guys are great and I will purchase my Bronco from Granger or I will not purchase a Bronco at all. Still doesn't change anything for everyone still waiting unless there is some secret news waiting to be revealed (that's a joke, nothing is coming from Ford).

I am a psychologist that works with kids. Here is what I tell them all of the time. It doesn't matter what promises come out of your mouth, it matter what behaviors are observable that people can see. It does not matter what a Brand Manager says on a podcast or what Ford puts out on social media saying they want to clear reservation holders and get them their Broncos. What is Ford doing that is observable behavior. Granger has not has any significant change in their allocations over the last year, if anything the last couple of months they have gotten fewer allocations based on posts here on bronco6g. I am a July 15th reservation holder and will be lucky if I get a truck by middle of next year based on current observable allocations. I put in a reservation less that 48 hours after going live.

The unfortunately reality is that there is no observable change in Ford's behavior towards reservation holders and no indication there is going to be a change how they are filling allocations anytime soon. There will continue to be hundreds of reservation holders with Granger that will not get Broncos by the end of next year which is sad and pathetic and no fault of Granger staff.

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I sure hope Ford finally has some integrity and takes care of long suffering reservation/order holders from 2020. Ford could finish up the reservations in six months if they really wanted to. I just saw another thread where someone ordered almost a year after many still unfilled reservations. They got their Bronco and I'm glad someone is getting something. But every time I see one of those I can't help but feeling screwed by Ford for foolishly believing they would do what they said with the reservations. I don't know why anyone would ever reserve a new model with Ford given their track record for lying about how they will fill the reservations.

Sponsored

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm glad everyone at Granger is staying positive. I have said it a 100 times on this site, you guys are great and I will purchase my Bronco from Granger or I will not purchase a Bronco at all. Still doesn't change anything for everyone still waiting unless there is some secret news waiting to be revealed (that's a joke, nothing is coming from Ford).

I am a psychologist that works with kids. Here is what I tell them all of the time. It doesn't matter what promises come out of your mouth, it matter what behaviors are observable that people can see. It does not matter what a Brand Manager says on a podcast or what Ford puts out on social media saying they want to clear reservation holders and get them their Broncos. What is Ford doing that is observable behavior. Granger has not has any significant change in their allocations over the last year, if anything the last couple of months they have gotten fewer allocations based on posts here on bronco6g. I am a July 15th reservation holder and will be lucky if I get a truck by middle of next year based on current observable allocations. I put in a reservation less that 48 hours after going live.

The unfortunately reality is that there is no observable change in Ford's behavior towards reservation holders and no indication there is going to be a change how they are filling allocations anytime soon. There will continue to be hundreds of reservation holders with Granger that will not get Broncos by the end of next year which is sad and pathetic and no fault of Granger staff.
I do so want you to be wrong. If you are not then I will be one of the 2024 (or later) crowd. What you are correct about is that Fords actions will provide us with the answer no matter what any of them say.

At present it appears Ford is building out carryover orders based on allocations. They will eventually begin clearing the existing orders from dealers with allocations. There will be low option softie dealer stock built for dealers with allocations. At that point Ford should have the MIC top capacity to build Broncos for dealers like Granger, Stephens and likewise. I believe that is when we may see some progress.

If order banks reopen with no sign of progress in clearing the old orders from Granger - that would be an indication that we will continue to wait in line behind big dealer allocations.

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford should at least compensate dealers $500 minimum for 21’ order holdouts without passing those costs to customers. It takes dealers time and money to keep processing these orders.

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I sure hope Ford finally has some integrity and takes care of long suffering reservation/order holders from 2020. Ford could finish up the reservations in six months if they really wanted to. I just saw another thread where someone ordered almost a year after many still unfilled reservations. They got their Bronco and I'm glad someone is getting something. But every time I see one of those I can't help but feeling screwed by Ford for foolishly believing they would do what they said with the reservations. I don't know why anyone would ever reserve a new model with Ford given their track record for lying about how they will fill the reservations.
They lost me. I've owned Fords exclusively my entire life. I canceled my Granger Bronco order about 6 months ago, I no longer care about, nor want a Ford product.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
They lost me. I've owned Fords exclusively my entire life. I canceled my Granger Bronco order about 6 months ago, I no longer care about, nor want a Ford product.
I never expected or even wanted to be first kid on the block with a new Bronco. (Hence I didn't even make an early "reservation".) I knew initially, many Broncos would go to connected folks and big spenders, it's just the way of our society. I was ok with that reality.

What I wasn't ok with, is how that initial obnoxious burn-through period, got drawn way out. Watching people bogart 3 or even 4 Broncos, when others were still waiting for one, flippers and all that sort of rubbish. As time went on, the whole thing became a turn-off.

Maybe someday Ford will get their act together and churn out enough Broncos so none of this other stuff matters, and a regular guy can show up and buy a 2-door Bronco with low drama, no jumping through hoops, ADMs or impact by other people purchasing habits. I assume Ford eventually wants to get there? One can dream, lol.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I never expected or even wanted to be first kid on the block with a new Bronco. (Hence I didn't even make an early "reservation".) I knew initially, many Broncos would go to connected folks and big spenders, it's just the way of our society. I was ok with that reality.

What I wasn't ok with, is how that initial obnoxious burn-through period, got drawn way out. Watching people bogart 3 or even 4 Broncos, when others were still waiting for one, flippers and all that sort of rubbish. As time went on, the whole thing became a turn-off.

Maybe someday Ford will get their act together and churn out enough Broncos so none of this other stuff matters, and a regular guy can show up and buy a 2-door Bronco with low drama, no jumping through hoops, ADMs or impact by other people purchasing habits. I assume Ford eventually wants to get there? One can dream, lol.
They're getting there, yes first couple of years have been rough but really for the big box dealers they probably have already got their core audience finished off where Granger will finally put a big dent this year.

I'm with you though, tired of this flipper/scalper consumerism that's the norm now. I refuse to pay as well which is why I'll hopefully get mine this year and the fact that I just now bought a PS5.
Sponsored