Sponsored

Last Call for 2023 Bronco Order Conversions at Granger Ford!!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don't shoot the messenger.
Just off the phone with Samantha and she informed me that 2 doors are now a constraint and Ford will allow pp and 2,500 to move from a 2 door to a 4 door.
I hope it's a mistake.
Not a mistake, just got an email from her.
Sponsored

sm_cc_03

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Badlands, 2023 Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sucks for all those hoping for a two door.
Indeed it does. The past 2.5 years feel like a huge waste of time to be honest and we've all lost the opportunity to get something else before interest rates went sky high and trade in values dropped. It's been nice having this forum to commiserate on over the years after every Ford screw up but it's such a let down and anticlimactic after waiting patiently for so long.

Oh well, first world problems, I have my health, the 2 door Rubicon exists and is available for purchase, and the sun has come out in CA after weeks of rain so life could definitely be worse!

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not a mistake, just got an email from her.
Same. Unless there is some surprising info from the supposed Ford meeting today, sounds like 2-door is not part of this $2500 situation. And unless someone is very low on the 2-door waiting list, it's not likely to arrive for MY2023.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone ever figured out why there is no "factory" 2 door soft top?
Man that's the $64,000 question. I've never heard a solid reason why. Speculation was, it's due to contractual obligations with the hardtop provider. Or something to do with safety and meeting certain regulations and testing. But who knows.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man that's the $64,000 question. I've never heard a solid reason why. Speculation was, it's due to contractual obligations with the hardtop provider. Or something to do with safety and meeting certain regulations and testing. But who knows.
Those contractual obligations apparently being along the lines of "Webasto agrees to build tops of questionable quality with an unpredictable supply while Ford agrees not to offer any factory installed options that could compete with said tops."

You know, kidding aside, it occurs to me . . . mind you I am NOT a conspiracy theorist nor have I ever played one on TV . . .
what if besides an actual supply issue (SAS, Lux, . . . ) there's also a serious QC issue with the *V2* hard tops? There are several threads detailing cracks in new hard tops that haven't even been removed from the vehicles. What if Ford, still reeling from the Webasto-Disastro fiasco is seeing the potential for a repeat and is trying to proactively limit the bleeding by cutting off (or *severely* restricting) HT sales until they feel they've turned the corner on building them right? Just wondering aloud while I wait to hear the next chapter in story of why I'll never get my Bronco . . .

Bifftws

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Z06 corvette, 2021 Ranger, BMW 328i manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don't shoot the messenger.
Just off the phone with Samantha and she informed me that 2 doors are now a constraint and Ford will allow pp and 2,500 to move from a 2 door to a 4 door.
I hope it's a mistake.
I sent an email to Samantha this morning stating I will not change my order and don't bother sending me an email to ask. I have a 2 door base sasquatch v6 (kiss of death now) and I will not compromise on my order. Ford made promises to reservation holders 2 and half years ago and they need to honor their commitments. I understand supply and constraint issues. Given that the correct thing to do is to give option of waiting and honoring price protections until reservation orders are cleared. If reservation holders want to wait years to get their truck then honor them. Doing the right thing is not that hard. This latest move is designed to force customers into trucks they don't want by scaring them or frustrating them to a point where they cancel their orders. Shame on Ford. Now I have to admit I am pretty high on the allocation list at Granger and there is probably only a couple of 2 door reservations ahead of me so I may still get a truck this year before Ford screws us. I would rather not get a truck and stand on principle then let Ford win. If they don't build my truck this year I will spend the rest of my life trying to make sure everyone I talk with never buys a Ford product. I am a regional board member of the SCCA and pretty active in the car community. Have no concerns treating Ford in the exact way they have treated me for over 2.5 years.

Duvel

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Land Cruiser, Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I changed my build from a 2D WildTrak lux to a 2D high, non-sas Badlands. Only constraint I will not budge on is the 2 door. They will build me a 2 door or I'm out.

Sponsored

Bifftws

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Z06 corvette, 2021 Ranger, BMW 328i manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
I changed my build from a 2D WildTrak lux to a 2D high, non-sas Badlands. Only constraint I will not budge on is the 2 door. They will build me a 2 door or I'm out.
Yes the WildTrak customer are really getting the shaft with this deal.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I sent an email to Samantha this morning stating I will not change my order and don't bother sending me an email to ask. I have a 2 door base sasquatch v6 (kiss of death now) and I will not compromise on my order. Ford made promises to reservation holders 2 and half years ago and they need to honor their commitments. I understand supply and constraint issues. Given that the correct thing to do is to give option of waiting and honoring price protections until reservation orders are cleared. If reservation holders want to wait years to get their truck then honor them. Doing the right thing is not that hard. This latest move is designed to force customers into trucks they don't want by scaring them or frustrating them to a point where they cancel their orders. Shame on Ford. Now I have to admit I am pretty high on the allocation list at Granger and there is probably only a couple of 2 door reservations ahead of me so I may still get a truck this year before Ford screws us. I would rather not get a truck and stand on principle then let Ford win. If they don't build my truck this year I will spend the rest of my life trying to make sure everyone I talk with never buys a Ford product. I am a regional board member of the SCCA and pretty active in the car community. Have no concerns treating Ford in the exact way they have treated me for over 2.5 years.
I've had a few emails back and forth as well, all I get to my questions is that it's constrained, yes I'm a 2 door HE, I know it's constrained! Only thing I have going for me is that I 'm finally close to the top of the Granger list as well and it's only January so I think my odds are pretty good to get my order sometime in '23. This is my first new Ford so if they don't want my money then not a problem but I won't be back in '24.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ended up adjusting my order from a 4 door Wildtrak, Hard Top, High Package to a different trim.

Unfortunately I think the writing on the wall is if you don’t adjust and get your reservation built now, you will likely not get your build this year.

With the debt of orders, likely it will be a few years before Granger will be able to offer Broncos to customers.

If I am understanding this correctly, Zach is spending future allocations to take care of all of us now, which means Ford will likely cancel your reservation if you did not adjust at the change of the model year.

The good news would be that all of these will count as sales, which will boost Granger for future allocations 🤷‍♂️

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have asked in some other places and I've gotten answers, but I would like absolute clarification from Granger. I was given a VIN and a build week last week. Does that mean that my build is safe from this latest Ford debacle? I asked this question when I replied to Samantha's email last night, but I haven't heard back. If anyone in a similar situation has heard directly from Granger, could you please let me know? Thanks!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Those contractual obligations apparently being along the lines of "Webasto agrees to build tops of questionable quality with an unpredictable supply while Ford agrees not to offer any factory installed options that could compete with said tops."

You know, kidding aside, it occurs to me . . . mind you I am NOT a conspiracy theorist nor have I ever played one on TV . . .
what if besides an actual supply issue (SAS, Lux, . . . ) there's also a serious QC issue with the *V2* hard tops? There are several threads detailing cracks in new hard tops that haven't even been removed from the vehicles. What if Ford, still reeling from the Webasto-Disastro fiasco is seeing the potential for a repeat and is trying to proactively limit the bleeding by cutting off (or *severely* restricting) HT sales until they feel they've turned the corner on building them right? Just wondering aloud while I wait to hear the next chapter in story of why I'll never get my Bronco . . .
It's possible. I've seen the images posted, of cracks around the corners of some hardtops. Compared to the earlier issue, which was mainly delaminating edges. Maybe Ford has several reasons for pushing folks towards soft top.
Sponsored