Sponsored

Last Call for 2023 Bronco Order Conversions at Granger Ford!!

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have asked in some other places and I've gotten answers, but I would like absolute clarification from Granger. I was given a VIN and a build week last week. Does that mean that my build is safe from this latest Ford debacle? I asked this question when I replied to Samantha's email last night, but I haven't heard back. If anyone in a similar situation has heard directly from Granger, could you please let me know? Thanks!
Individuals with a VIN and build date are fine. This ONLY impacts those who’s build has not been picked up yet.
Sponsored

frostyjake

Base
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm a late Grangetober reservation holder, sitting at #324 on the last update from Zach. I really wanted a 2 door basesquatch. At this point I'm just ready to get off this wild ride, preferably with a Bronco that can handle medium-duty offroading.

I'm thinking of changing my order to a 2 door, Big Bend with rear locker. Hopefully I will qualify for the Price Protection Offer as well as the new $2500 offer. If they start offering a soft top for the 2 door, I would be all over that since I plan to switch anyway.

I read in the Stephens thread that info is supposed to be coming directly from Ford soon. I hope they do right by all my fellow Granger customers, although I'm not holding my breath.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm a late Grangetober reservation holder, sitting at #324 on the last update from Zach. I really wanted a 2 door basesquatch. At this point I'm just ready to get off this wild ride, preferably with a Bronco that can handle medium-duty offroading.

I'm thinking of changing my order to a 2 door, Big Bend with rear locker. Hopefully I will qualify for the Price Protection Offer as well as the new $2500 offer. If they start offering a soft top for the 2 door, I would be all over that since I plan to switch anyway.

I read in the Stephens thread that info is supposed to be coming directly from Ford soon. I hope they do right by all my fellow Granger customers, although I'm not holding my breath.
Depending on what is really true or not, taking off one of the sins on your 2 door gets you the 2500.00 but it still sounds like getting a 2 door will be tough especially at 324. Might be better off switching to 4 door floppy top Badlands.

frostyjake

Base
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Depending on what is really true or not, taking off one of the sins on your 2 door gets you the 2500.00 but it still sounds like getting a 2 door will be tough especially at 324. Might be better off switching to 4 door floppy top Badlands.
Badlands is out of my budget, and 2 door is non-negotiable for me. If I make changes for Ford, and they still can't honor my long-standing reservation, I'll be buying a 2 door Wrangler from Granger instead.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands is out of my budget, and 2 door is non-negotiable for me. If I make changes for Ford, and they still can't honor my long-standing reservation, I'll be buying a 2 door Wrangler from Granger instead.
Enjoy your Wrangler. Unless you switch dealers I think you're SOL.

Sponsored

frostyjake

Base
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Enjoy your Wrangler. Unless you switch dealers I think you're SOL.
I'm going to wait for it all to shake out. There's a lot of rumors swirling that Ford may adjust allocations to get the big reservation dealerships delivered (Granger/Chapman/Stephens/etc). If that happens, then even though I'm order #324 at Granger, I'm probably much higher in the overall standings since my reservation was 10/28/20. That's my only hope.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to wait for it all to shake out. There's a lot of rumors swirling that Ford may adjust allocations to get the big reservation dealerships delivered (Granger/Chapman/Stephens/etc). If that happens, then even though I'm order #324 at Granger, I'm probably much higher in the overall standings since my reservation was 10/28/20. That's my only hope.
It's worth waiting a little longer.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I get it. Maybe just a Base 2 door then and use your PP, savings from not getting SAS and 2500 to help with Modifications. Still might get hung out to dry but as you say, buy a Wrangler from Zach next year.

frostyjake

Base
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
I get it. Maybe just a Base 2 door then and use your PP, savings from not getting SAS and 2500 to help with Modifications. Still might get hung out to dry but as you say, buy a Wrangler from Zach next year.
That's the plan. Only reason to jump up to Big Bend is so I can get a factory rear locker. Lift, wheels, tires and suspension I'm good with modding, but I don't want to do an after market locker.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes the WildTrak customer are really getting the shaft with this deal.
Yes and no.

All said and done, should Ford build, my Bronco; I may end up with a 2 door OBX 2.7 advanced 4x4 with high package, tow package, and auxiliary switches for $40,251 vs the $53,570 that the 2 door WildTrak HOSS 3.0 with Lux and Tow would have cost.

That's $13k to make up the difference between the two packages - I could make that money go pretty far to be honest. For the typical off-roading we do, a front locker is nice, but not a deal breaker. That's the biggest downside of the switch.

I am a big proponent of the other features, but the other features that are difficult to replicate or surpass, all the other features are unimportant, easily replicated, or better addressed with aftermarket parts.

The features that I will not replicate with OEM parts are the heated steering wheel, the wireless charging pad, and the epic fail B&O sound system.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's the plan. Only reason to jump up to Big Bend is so I can get a factory rear locker. Lift, wheels, tires and suspension I'm good with modding, but I don't want to do an after market locker.
Ya, but you are still stuck with the shitty transfer case.

LS2GTO

Base
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 gto 00 f-250 03 t-bird 70 chevelle 59 tr-3..
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m in pretty much exactly the same situation as you.…. I‘m concerned that changing trim levels might somehow screw things up with PP. But at this point I don’t think it really matters.

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I’m in pretty much exactly the same situation as you.…. I‘m concerned that changing trim levels might somehow screw things up with PP. But at this point I don’t think it really matters.
I'm right there with you guys, October res (on the 31st), I had a 99'd order with plans for BD Sas softie, but once the 23 order conversions started and I looked at everything, it seemed Heritage was too good of a deal to pass up. I even considered base Sas, but once optioned similarly, heritage was worth it. I did get the email from Samantha, but it only said "if your order contains these options". Not a lot of clarity on how the Heritage is affected by all of this, and sitting @ #383 it may not even matter. On the other hand, I know some high 300s on the list have been pulled recently. It's really all a crapshoot! I was never "in a hurry", just waiting my turn and paying down the note on my 2019, but patience is starting to wear thin!

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I sent an email to Samantha this morning stating I will not change my order and don't bother sending me an email to ask. I have a 2 door base sasquatch v6 (kiss of death now) and I will not compromise on my order. Ford made promises to reservation holders 2 and half years ago and they need to honor their commitments. I understand supply and constraint issues. Given that the correct thing to do is to give option of waiting and honoring price protections until reservation orders are cleared. If reservation holders want to wait years to get their truck then honor them. Doing the right thing is not that hard. This latest move is designed to force customers into trucks they don't want by scaring them or frustrating them to a point where they cancel their orders. Shame on Ford. Now I have to admit I am pretty high on the allocation list at Granger and there is probably only a couple of 2 door reservations ahead of me so I may still get a truck this year before Ford screws us. I would rather not get a truck and stand on principle then let Ford win. If they don't build my truck this year I will spend the rest of my life trying to make sure everyone I talk with never buys a Ford product. I am a regional board member of the SCCA and pretty active in the car community. Have no concerns treating Ford in the exact way they have treated me for over 2.5 years.
I'm totally with you. Early Grangetober SAS base 2 door here. I can pretty much guarantee you if Ford can't build Wildtraks, there isnt a single Base SAS that is going to be built in 2023. I dont think it will matter how high anyone is on any dealers list. I'm hoping we get some clarification on what our options are, but I think by holding out we are just setting ourselves up for being pushed into 2024 and beyond.
I was so happy when Ford confirmed they would offer SAS in a base over 2 years ago and now I'm regretting ever signing up for one.

I hope you are right and we are given some good news from Ford. They have to address 2 door SAS reservation holders and as of right now..nothing.

Good call. I didnt realize this. Plus you get 4.27 or 4.46 gears which is better than 3.73...I guess we need to find out if changing models is even possible.
Sponsored

Last edited: