Sponsored

Last Call: Manual vs. Auto.. Why? (HELP!!)

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am 100% set: Badlands -High-Carbonized Gray-33” Optional Rims with MT and ..........leaning towards 2.7 auto (Not sure yet)

I know most of the benefits / negatives. Most of my friends and family think I should get the Auto because I will get tired of the stick.
My first two cars were stick and I loved them both even though I had them for just a few years. I plan to have my Bronco for 10+ years and do not want to regret my decision down the line. This is my 50th B-Day present to myself and do not care about top speed or performance. I feel like to Manual is a lot more fun. I just wish that it came in 2.7 V6. That would make it an easy call for me. What to do..

What do you guys think? Still changing your mind? Or are you 100% one way or another?
Sponsored

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m in the same boat. I’m leaning more auto/2.7 today because I want the trail turn, so I don’t have an empty spot in the hero switches.

I like the cup holder layout better in the MT though, as dumb as that sounds.

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm 100% auto. It's a daily. I love Manual .... I have two of them already. It's 2.7 auto and 33's with 4.7 for moi!

DustyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m going MT for now with the plan of putting a tune on the 2.3 and down the road a stronger motor in front of the MT

Sponsored

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know this is kinda weird, but I’m not sure how much I would enjoy the small stick shift that is in the center console. I almost feel like I would rather have that long old-school stick shift from the floor LOL

I might be showing my age :)

The way it’s set up a kind of seems like it’ll just be a stick shift that should be in a car.

I would really like to drive one first

jclaypool83

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, 6.7L 2500 RAM, FOCUS RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a similar problem. I keep coming back to the value in the 2.7auto for $1,895. Another thread that made a good example. I won't regret having too much power, but I will hate having an underpowered vehicle. That engine and trans combo has to much potential. Really outshines the 4cyl manual.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

100% manual Badlands. Current car and couple previous vehicles have been manual. Love it. I'm in my 50's and plan on making the Bronco last as long as I can.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I’m going manual all the way. Might be my last chance to buy a new SUV with one. I’ve driven manuals for 50 years. Learned on one, hopefully will drive one until they take the keys away from me. If I drove daily in stop and go traffic, I’d go automatic although somebody already suggested that’s what “crawl” is really for. It’s second nature for me, I don’t really even think about until I need to pass or merge, then it’s just grab a lower gear and go.

Get which ever version makes you happiest. Either will be great. For me it was manual vs. V6, manual by a long shot for me.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know the Weight Difference between 2.7 Auto and 2.3 Manual? I only ask because I will be pulling my Bronco with my RV and I am already close to the Max towing Cap.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was originally bummed that the manual was only being paired to the 2.3L and wanted to get the 2.7L, but I want the manual more just for the fun to drive aspect.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok so last night i too was pondering this question as well look what i found.
In 2002 i ordered a f250 v10 6speed stick best truck ever?i looked up the specs lats night 2002 v10 310 hp that truck moved fine and weighs way more than the bronco.
So 270hp 2.3 with a tune and a stick will be fine thats what im getting.
Oh and the f250 had 37s its whole life with 4.30 gears loved that sucker.?