Sponsored

LAST CALL: Roof Rails for 2-door Bronco? Pros vs. Cons? After Market?

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It depends on your dealer. With no special pricing, you will pay MSRP. With Granger for example, all factory accessories are at invoice. Of course, paying for a factory accessory isn't just a single one-time purchase. You will be paying for it over the life of the financing including interest. So if you are financing for 60 months, any cost savings of invoice pricing is negated with the additional interest over 5 years.

Or you can add them later and shop around for the best deal. (i.e. @NayNay with Leonardtown has said they offer a 15% discount to veterans on accessories) You pay one price with no additional interest. In the case of the roof rails, you will have to know how to take them off at some point so you might as well learn how to put them on. No need to pay a dealer to the work.
Correct. Just wanted to jump in and verify we are doing discounts on Ford accessories from 5 to 15% along with discounts on installation too. The veterans discount is correct with the exception that it is for current and former military along with family members of same household.
Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I want them, especially if I go 2-door, but I have a serious problem wondering if they'll include the painted caps somewhere in the vehicle. I'd likely only install the rack a couple times a year, so I want those caps for the rest of the year. Maybe a stupid concern, but . . .

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I want them, especially if I go 2-door, but I have a serious problem wondering if they'll include the painted caps somewhere in the vehicle. I'd likely only install the rack a couple times a year, so I want those caps for the rest of the year. Maybe a stupid concern, but . . .
I think I remember reading in another thread that they caps were included in the glove box in one of the preproduction test vehicles seen in northern Michigan maybe a week ago? The member that posted wasn't one of the drivers, but his friend was and swung by his house for him to take a look.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Correct. Just wanted to jump in and verify we are doing discounts on Ford accessories from 5 to 15% along with discounts on installation too. The veterans discount is correct with the exception that it is for current and former military along with family members of same household.
With the exception? Or did you mean the inclusion?

Sponsored

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the exception? Or did you mean the inclusion?
I was trying to explain what was said was correct. I wanted to expand on it and correct the 1 part. It was not just veterans. In other words if the wife is currently serving and the spouse is buying a Bronco and they're in the same home then the spouse qualifies for the accessories discount the same as the retired individual, and or the person currently serving. I just wanted to expand it because Ford only sees the veteran where I see the entire family on some level also serving. I wanted to create something that thanks everyone not just the one.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mike,

Just trying some levity here since everyone seems kind of uptight over the new Bronco. We all need to take a step back and laugh at ourselves. Also not a vendor. Just a guy that believes if you even think you need it, get it or kick yourself when you need it and don't have it. Nuff said. :cool:
I can't speak for others, but I'm not uptight about this at all. The real challenge is getting my daily Bronco fix. I'm running out of topics to obsess over. o_O

I realize the OP intended this a 2-door thread, but I'm going to inject a 4-door question. Ford has the same rack for 2 and 4 door, but the 4 door has roof length for a longer rack. A longer rack would better spread the load for something large like a RTT. My reason for not buying a rack now would be to see if Ford or the aftermarket come out with a better option for the 4 door. I'm sure I will use a rack on occasion, but I'm in no hurry to make a decision.

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Great points all around.
My main reason for not getting the roof rack is I do plan to take the whole roof off as many times as I can.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see lots of racks in use, holding skis, on the way to the resorts. A good percentage of my neighbors use their rack although it is typically very infrequent. Seeing bikes on racks is also very common. However, I've switched to hitch mounted bike rack and skis usually go inside with me so that they don't pick up road grime. Getting equipment on and off the roof of my Expedition is too much hassle, and the Bronco won't be much better. I'm sure I'll use racks at some point, but that is always the storage location of last resort for me.

colind

Base
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was originally not planning on getting a roof rack but it seems it may be useful especially since I'm getting a 2 door. Also, I kind of like the way it looks with the racks. My biggest concern also is how hard the top would be to remove with the racks. I wonder if you could hang the top from the racks while storing.

Sponsored

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a stupid concern at all. It's my primary concern too. I assume we'd get the caps, but I'd like a firm answer on that. I do NOT want to be driving around with the metal attachment points exposed. Looks crappy and will likely rust.

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not a stupid concern at all. It's my primary concern too. I assume we'd get the caps, but I'd like a firm answer on that. I do NOT want to be driving around with the metal attachment points exposed. Looks crappy and will likely rust.
I wonder whether I can order the roof rails and specify to my dealer that I do not want it installed? Just to guarantee that the painted caps stay on the Bronco?

texex

Badlands
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live in the City and a Sasquatched bronco with a rack won't fit into the downtown garages. Most of them are 6'5" or 77 inches. Looks like the Badlands comes in at just over 75" and the roof rack just under 4" so I'll miss it by less than 2 inches. Sucks because it looks cool and give you a little more flexibility (xmas trees etc) for $400.
Sponsored