Sponsored

LAST CALL: Roof Rails for 2-door Bronco? Pros vs. Cons? After Market?

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've debated and decided on not getting the roof rack. I would use it so rarely that it wouldn't be worth it. I'll just stuff things in the back with the seats down or pack less. I'll have the top off more than on, so there's that as well.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m getting it... it’s cheap and with getting the two door I will eventually get some type of rack for camping gear...

Cholondo

Heritage
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chief Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
How easy or hard is taking the roof off with the rails?

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I understand at the most I'll only use it a handful of times throughout the year, but for under $400 I figure it'll be better to have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it. I'd hate to pack up for a roadtrip or trail ride and think "***t, should've got the roof rack"

However reading the other replies has helped me decide to settle on the stock Ford factory rack, not the Yakima more expensive one. Won't be worth it for my minimal use

Sponsored

Pork-n-Bean

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moon Vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got a roof rack on both my vehicles. Best mod I've ever done because it leaves so much room inside with a cargo carrier on top for trips. If you're not super picky, or don't have a very specific purpose in mind, just get it from the factory.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm getting the factory rails and bars to carry my kayak and occasionally a small basket. The two mounting points for the cross bars give flexibility for long (kayak) or short (basket) loads.

I jerry rigged a basket mount on my LJ and then added a gutter mount cross bar for the kayak, this will be much nicer. Sometimes I leave the basket on with a shovel and Pulaski attached. I might also figure out a handyman jack mount, it hangs on the bumper of my Jeep. But first i'll have to see if there are any jack points on the Bronco, my son's Tacoma only could be lifted from the trailer hitch.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get them. I am. You will want them and kick yourself for not getting them. Put on the 'big boy' pants and get this over with.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The stock rack is cheap enough so I'll get it with my 2-dr build. Mostly because I want to get a rtt right away. I can always replace it with aftermarket later.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I use my roof rack everyday to take my stuff to the beach so im in.
Once i was crusing and saw a brand new ladder in the road didnt have a rack then but do now always looking for a new ladder lol.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've debated and decided on not getting the roof rack. I would use it so rarely that it wouldn't be worth it. I'll just stuff things in the back with the seats down or pack less. I'll have the top off more than on, so there's that as well.
I never even considered it until the overland concept came strutting its stuff. Then I thought long and hard. I would probably only use it if I got a kayak. And I won't get a kayak for years. It'll go sorely unused.

Plus I'm waiting for the black painted top, which I will not want to scratch if I can avoid it. So doesn't make sense for me to put stuff up there. I mainly need the tow package to well, haul our bikes

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think I'm getting the Ford roof rails. I could throw my kayak up there, storage, or haul a little bit of lumber if I want to.

Benzo

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan to get them. I require the extra cargo space when on adventures. Especially on the 2 door.

I paid more money for after market Yakima racks in the past for different vehicles. The aftermarket racks were not integrated but they used a clamping system that made them easy to remove.

I say, get them if you will use them. I will be.

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They make the Bronco look better to be honest.

Just wondering how tough it will be to take these MF’ers off when its time for open air
Sponsored