James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure it's out there, but I can't seem to find it. When is the last week that scheduling for MY21 occurs? I realize that the production turnover is in December. I'm trying to figure out when I'll know for sure that I'm not getting a MY21, because that two door soft top option and Eruption Green is mighty appealing, but I'm leaving it up to the the gods.
Sponsored

wsdowns

Base
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm sure it's out there, but I can't seem to find it. When is the last week that scheduling for MY21 occurs? I realize that the production turnover is in December. I'm trying to figure out when I'll know for sure that I'm not getting a MY21, because that two door soft top option and Eruption Green is mighty appealing, but I'm leaving it up to the the gods.
I think the MY21s extend 2 weeks into December, then MY22s from there. It looks like formal scheduling right now has been done through the 3rd week in October (and I'm seeing dribs and drabs of some scheduling dates in November - those are probably rescheduled MICs). So, best case is that you have 6-7 weeks of scheduling remaining with a lot of that going to FEs.

Taking this one step further, the production rate last month was approx. 8000 units (up from 6000 units the prior month). I don't know how many FE's have already been built, but I believe there are 7000 orders (sold out). So, that seems to me like it's going to take most of the remaining production capacity.

You should know if you're getting a MY21 by the time the MY22 Order Banks open in October.

OP
OP

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the MY21s extend 2 weeks into December, then MY22s from there. It looks like formal scheduling right now has been done through the 3rd week in October (and I'm seeing dribs and drabs of some scheduling dates in November - those are probably rescheduled MICs). So, best case is that you have 6-7 weeks of scheduling remaining with a lot of that going to FEs.

Taking this one step further, the production rate last month was approx. 8000 units (up from 6000 units the prior month). I don't know how many FE's have already been built, but I believe there are 7000 orders (sold out). So, that seems to me like it's going to take most of the remaining production capacity.

You should know if you're getting a MY21 by the time the MY22 Order Banks open in October.
Super helpful! I'm a very late reservation holder (6/8/21) but have a four door soft top on order and a priority code 10 (even though I know those don't carry any weight here). I have no clue what my dealers allocation is and where I fall within that allocation.

I suspect I'll likely end up with a MY22, hopefully in the early spring, but it's very much out of my control.

thank you!!

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to add some more specificity to what @wsdowns mentioned... December 13th was the last publicly known start date for 2022 builds.

Ford could obviously change it if needed. But now that MIC tops seem to be back on track, I would be surprised if it changed.

wsdowns

Base
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Super helpful! I'm a very late reservation holder (6/8/21) but have a four door soft top on order and a priority code 10 (even though I know those don't carry any weight here). I have no clue what my dealers allocation is and where I fall within that allocation.

I suspect I'll likely end up with a MY22, hopefully in the early spring, but it's very much out of my control.

thank you!!
I'm in the same boat as you - late reservation holder (switched to Soft Top). The last I saw is that some late March '21 Soft Top reservation holders were scheduled. I think if the MIC problem hadn't gotten a quick fix, we'd be in the money... The only thing we have in our favor right now is that tons of MIC tops will have to go to Dirt Mountain and to Dealers for replacements (but most importantly, FORD has to build the FEs). So, I think whatever capacity they have above and beyond the FE will go to the Soft Tops (purely speculation, but how many MICs can Webasto make a month?). Still rolling the dice, but when the MY22 Order Bank opens and I'm not scheduled, I'll switch back to the MIC (and then keep waiting and waiting and waiting).

Reactions: sjp

Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in the same boat as you - late reservation holder (switched to Soft Top). The last I saw is that some late March '21 Soft Top reservation holders were scheduled. I think if the MIC problem hadn't gotten a quick fix, we'd be in the money... The only thing we have in our favor right now is that tons of MIC tops will have to go to Dirt Mountain and to Dealers for replacements (but most importantly, FORD has to build the FEs). So, I think whatever capacity they have above and beyond the FE will go to the Soft Tops (purely speculation, but how many MICs can Webasto make a month?). Still rolling the dice, but when the MY22 Order Bank opens and I'm not scheduled, I'll switch back to the MIC (and then keep waiting and waiting and waiting).
Yeah, I feel similarly. We shall see!

94Bravo

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150, 2014 Lexus IS350, 2008 Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

thank you!!
None of that matters. They are just pulling numbers out of a hat at this point. What a mess!

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

do you have a fe on order or a vin?

if yes then 21, if no 22

MorgansRun