Last demand for supercel east people. Dogs in the 2 door

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am worried that my dog (big lab) won’t be able to enjoy the 2 door due to lack or rear cargo area and the complication of getting in the front via front folded seats

if somebody is there can you ask about this? Maybe ask ford if they can put dogs in the 2 door getting in and out?
Or maybe ask if there is a solution coming to level out the folded rear seats with the cargo area to give dogs room to lay down that is flat
Your lab will easily just squirm up onto the rear seat from the door. There are plenty dog bed solutions. Myself, just toss plenty old blankets/pillow in the back seat floor well to provide a flat area for seating, but the seat delete @Beach_Bum mentionedabove looks like would totally rock for the pooches. And yes, you can keep one of the rear seats , choice of passenger or driver side.

Myself. Planning on a 42" x 48" platform with pipe legs to sit over the folded seats. 1/2" plywood and some carpet and good to go with some storage below.
Sponsored

GreatDaneMom

Badlands
First Name
Diana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR Badlands; Genuine Buddy Scooter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would love to see photos of your modification once the foam is in.
I went to pick my 2dr up tonight. I took my 90# pup & am having a hard time figuring out how to make him comfortable for a longer adventure.
tempImageGig9n2.jpg
tempImageqUoJbU.jpg
Great pics. I recently found out I'm a 2023, so it'll be a while before I have anything to modify. :( However, looking at your pics I see I'll have to remove the rear seats to give my pups enough room. There are several posts by folks who have deleted the rear seats and leveled out the back. Once you do that, I would get an orthopedic dog bed (or two) to put in the back. That would make for a comfortable ride on long trips! Please post or DM me pics once you get it all set up... my pups are 180# and 130# so I'm very interested in seeing what other big dog parents come up with!