Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the same concern about the 2-door for our greyhound. At this point, my wife and are thinking we’ll just need to remove the rear seats and essentially make our 2-door Bronco a 2-seater.
A Coupe'!
Sponsored

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check out the Heininger TwistStep. Goes in the tow hitch and swivels under the truck when not in use. It's a breeze getting my 170+lb Great Danes into my Sequoia. Gonna get a second step for the Bronco!
We ended up buying a Honda Element to haul our English Mastiff around and took the rear seats out.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a boxer also and I’m going two door. Good looking dags!
96AC31EA-F34A-41A6-BD58-77CD8CFBD427.jpeg
Take it from a dog owner, based on this photo, the boxer is going to own the bronco and the boxer is going to drive the bronco. You better hope the dog finds room for you in the truck. Just saying.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a boxer also and I’m going two door. Good looking dags!
Ford Bronco Last demand for supercel east people. Dogs in the 2 door 20200902_173131
Just rear seat delete and figure out how to install that exact seat in that space. Your doggo deserves his throne like the King he is.

Sponsored

guzie

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX sti, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am worried that my dog (big lab) won’t be able to enjoy the 2 door due to lack or rear cargo area and the complication of getting in the front via front folded seats

if somebody is there can you ask about this? Maybe ask ford if they can put dogs in the 2 door getting in and out?
Or maybe ask if there is a solution coming to level out the folded rear seats with the cargo area to give dogs room to lay down that is flat
Open the tailgate, and have the dogs enter that way. They should be able to climb over the rear seats, no problem.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

One of the reasons I will remove the rock rails and put step rails on. My dogs, especially the older nonathletic meatball figured out how to use the step to get into and out of the Raptor. As for space, they can figure it out.

After dealing with kids for 22 years, I've sacrificed enough, I have no desire for a four door Bronco.

Risky4me

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks, Lexus 450H
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Im hoing to volunteer to be the guinea pig for the rear seat delete as my 2dr will have it on day 1 ,stay tuned wrenches and sawzall ready.
Ford Bronco Last demand for supercel east people. Dogs in the 2 door 20200402_093057
All it takes is 2 screws (Tool supplied by Ford), 2 bolts (18mm) and 2 nuts (18mm) along with a wiring plug disconnect and the seat is free.

Sponsored

PNW_Salmon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Love the mastiff! I had a rescue a long time ago and just put down a deposit to get a new english mastiff puppy sometime this winter! Do you think you mastiff will fit in the back of your bronco? I am hoping to get a 4dr in a year or so and the back on the 4dr seems like it has a lot of room for dogs.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love the mastiff! I had a rescue a long time ago and just put down a deposit to get a new english mastiff puppy sometime this winter! Do you think you mastiff will fit in the back of your bronco? I am hoping to get a 4dr in a year or so and the back on the 4dr seems like it has a lot of room for dogs.
Generally the problem is not room but access. They are too big to have jumping into and out of a vehicle and it can damage their joints. We bought a Honda Element for it's low entrance and rear seat removal to move him around. Prior to that we tried several different ramps for him to get in and out of my wife's Q5. It worked but you were stuck having to haul the ramp around. It is the curse of the large dog lover.

PNW_Salmon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Generally the problem is not room but access. They are too big to have jumping into and out of a vehicle and it can damage their joints. We bought a Honda Element for it's low entrance and rear seat removal to move him around. Prior to that we tried several different ramps for him to get in and out of my wife's Q5. It worked but you were stuck having to haul the ramp around. It is the curse of the large dog lover.
Gotcha! Good memories of me lifting our olde mastiff in the back seat and lifting him out. We developed a way to get him in and out easy with a hay bale flipped over and would back the car to it, but harder to do that when you’re out and about. Looks like I’m going to need to find a ramp for my future bronco and dog.

Risky4me

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks, Lexus 450H
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All it takes is 2 screws (Tool supplied by Ford), 2 bolts (18mm) and 2 nuts (18mm) along with a wiring plug disconnect and the seat is free.
However does anyone have a work around for the airbag warning light that comes on when the seat is disconnected?

Kelleynrusty

Black Diamond
First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"16 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
After seeing the two-door at Super Cel East with two of my Danes in tow I see they'll fit... with the rear seats down or deleted. I plan to use padding and a memory foam mattress to make the area "flat" and comfy. And get a second Heininger TwistStep like the one on my Sequoia. Goes in the tow hitch and swivels under the truck when not in use:
https://twistep.com
I would love to see photos of your modification once the foam is in.
I went to pick my 2dr up tonight. I took my 90# pup & am having a hard time figuring out how to make him comfortable for a longer adventure.

I would like to avoid doing a seat delete. Has anyone tried placing a Kuranda dog bed over the folded back seats, with bed risers in the foot well to level it out?
https://kuranda.com/dog-beds/standard-walnut-dog-bed They offer a 40x 25. I wasn't able to take delivery because of hard top issues, so I haven’t been able to try it.
Ford Bronco Last demand for supercel east people. Dogs in the 2 door tempImageGig9n2
Ford Bronco Last demand for supercel east people. Dogs in the 2 door tempImageqUoJbU
Sponsored

Last edited: