Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since we are coming down the the last couple days before the 3/19 deadline I was wondering if anyone else was still making changes to their Bronco orders. I updated my Badlands order today to the Lux package from High after thinking long and hard for several weeks. In the end, I figured I'd rather get what I really wanted rather than regret it down the road. Even though I can afford it looking at the cost sheet makes me do a double take since this is the most I've ever spent on any vehicle.

What changes have you made or plan to make in the last couple of days here before the cutoff? And why?
Sponsored

doyouglas

Black Diamond
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I called my dealer twice to make changes to my order. I'm not sure if they are annoyed on the last one. But my initial order was

4dr big bend
Area 51
2.7 ecoboost
mic hard top
aux switches
4.27 gear / rear diff lock

Called in to add the +LED signature lighting....

Called back a few days later to remove the signature lighting and add the mid package. I figured you can always add aftermarket headlights. But some of the mid packages add-on, it will be real tough considering the blind spot monitoring, and all the safety features.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since we are coming down the the last couple days before the 3/19 deadline I was wondering if anyone else was still making changes to their Bronco orders. I updated my Badlands order today to the Lux package from High after thinking long and hard for several weeks. In the end, I figured I'd rather get what I really wanted rather than regret it down the road. Even though I can afford it looking at the cost sheet makes me do a double take since this is the most I've ever spent on any vehicle.

What changes have you made or plan to make in the last couple of days here before the cutoff? And why?
For clarification:

You can continue to make modifications to your build up until the VIN is assigned and the actual build is scheduled (about 2 weeks before the parts start getting bolted together)... in fact, Ford has stated that they are expecting people to do exactly that once they receive their delivery window estimates...

...though, that's not to say that your dealer wants to keep changing things.

;)

lonediver2002

Big Bend
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

send in a updated order today, when with the Big Bend Area 51 2dr with Aux switches and molded floor mats . then changed from Manual to Automatic with Heavy duty bumper.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For clarification:

You can continue to make modifications to your build up until the VIN is assigned and the actual build is scheduled (about 2 weeks before the parts start getting bolted together)... in fact, Ford has stated that they are expecting people to do exactly that once they receive their delivery window estimates...

...though, that's not to say that your dealer wants to keep changing things.

;)
Thanks. I was under the impression that changes to packages (mid/high/lux) other bigger options like SAS after the 19th could impact timing of your build. Have you heard that?

Meaning if you get a mid-July build timeframes in May but then decide to change a package in early June...then the mid-July timeframes for the build could get pushed back.

Maybe it's a matter of changes are fine before May when build dates will be available?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. I was under the impression that changes to packages (mid/high/lux) other bigger options like SAS after the 19th could impact timing of your build. Have you heard that?
Only in that if you change into a high demand item your build could be delayed... but not changing alone would cause a delay.

In fact, if say Lux is delayed, Ford has implied changing to Mid would speed up your build.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've stuck with my original order since placing it on 2/2, really nothing I bounced around on.

Hurry up and wait...

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any changes at this point for me are things I will add myself like mud flaps, spare tire cover, cargo mat. I'll get those when/if my Bronco arrives.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I called my dealer twice to make changes to my order. I'm not sure if they are annoyed on the last one. But my initial order was

4dr big bend
Area 51
2.7 ecoboost
mic hard top
aux switches
4.27 gear / rear diff lock

Called in to add the +LED signature lighting....

Called back a few days later to remove the signature lighting and add the mid package. I figured you can always add aftermarket headlights. But some of the mid packages add-on, it will be real tough considering the blind spot monitoring, and all the safety features.
Nice. Certainly understand some of the back and forth. I tend to be the kind of person that knows what I like if I can see it. Hard to decide when I cant.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any changes at this point for me are things I will add myself like mud flaps, spare tire cover, cargo mat. I'll get those when/if my Bronco arrives.
You must be in a good place. I'm almost there but still would like to see some of the options in person.

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am still confused - I have gone from BLs to BB, to WT, back to BL, and now I am considering BB again, with SAS. I really don't need the swaybar disconnect. I just want a truck that can do some good dirt trails and beach running, and then serves me well as a daily driver. I cringe at the thought of spending 55k+ on a new bronco when I have never seen one in person, but this is my dream car, and I have been waiting 41 years for this.

Part of me wants to splurge. Then the pragmatic side says "Cloth is fine, you don't need bash plates and a heavy duty steel bumper, yet". Choices. fuck.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I emailed my dealer last night to change my priority code to 99. Originally ordered Badlands w/ Mid.

I'm putting my money where my mouth is and waiting for MY22 basemansquatch.
Sponsored