Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, Sunday we went to the Minnesota Auto Show at the State Fair Grounds, because I saw in the FB comments there were two Broncos there. I went to an event at a dealership and saw two in person. My fiance couldn't make it, so I wanted her to get to see one in person, since I have no idea when mine will be here. (Not like if she didn't like it I was going to cancel, but still...)

There were two there; one was on the platform where the rep talks about it and points out stuff, that you couldn't get in or close to (4 DR OBX SAS with some adds). The other was a 2 DR Badlands in CO and was locked. You could look in, but not open the doors.

I ordered a 4DR OBX and was torn on the Sasquatch package, because of the cost. Do I want bigger tires? Yes. Do I want the added stuff that comes with it? Yes. Do I want to pay more? No. I decided to just do aftermarket everything and go that route.

Then...I saw the Sasquatch Outer Banks in front of me. Seeing it really...did something to me.

And I went home and thought. And did math. And more math at work.

It's $60 a month more to add the Sasquatch the way mine is built out. It's a lot more out of pocket to add all the stuff I want, all in lump sums.

I told my fiance last night, "I've been doing some thinking..." and she replied, "And you're ordering the Sasquatch."

She knows me so well.

If Ford was on the ball, my VIN would be issued and I'd be all locked in. But they're not. This wouldn't be an issue.

But they aren't. So I called my dealer and added it.

Anyone else make a big change because of the delay in builds?

Side note, I just spent a lot more, and it's all Ford's fault!!

20210523_125147.jpg

20210523_131826.jpg
Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, Sunday we went to the Minnesota Auto Show at the State Fair Grounds, because I saw in the FB comments there were two Broncos there. I went to an event at a dealership and saw two in person. My fiance couldn't make it, so I wanted her to get to see one in person, since I have no idea when mine will be here. (Not like if she didn't like it I was going to cancel, but still...)

There were two there; one was on the platform where the rep talks about it and points out stuff, that you couldn't get in or close to (4 DR OBX SAS with some adds). The other was a 2 DR Badlands in CO and was locked. You could look in, but not open the doors.

I ordered a 4DR OBX and was torn on the Sasquatch package, because of the cost. Do I want bigger tires? Yes. Do I want the added stuff that comes with it? Yes. Do I want to pay more? No. I decided to just do aftermarket everything and go that route.

Then...I saw the Sasquatch Outer Banks in front of me. Seeing it really...did something to me.

It's $60 a month more to add the Sasquatch the way mine is built out. It's a lot more out of pocket to add all the stuff I want, all in lump sums.

I told my fiance last night, "I've been doing some thinking..." and she replied, "And you're ordering the Sasquatch."

She knows me so well.

If Ford was on the ball, my VIN would be issued and I'd be all locked in. But they're not. This wouldn't be an issue.

Smart move. Seeing the Squatch in person does something to ya! You will be a happy camper. (y)

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, changed from mid BD to high BL…and the color so far 3 times…..and I still can’t say I have made up my mind on the color. :p

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I always knew what I wanted on my build and refuse to change it. But I also opted for pretty much everything, so likely that’s why lol.

I did change my colour once. I had chosen Carbonized Grey initially without seeing any in-person and was solely based off Fords terrible online renderings. Once I saw AMB on an F-150 at my local dealership I changed the colour right away. Same price though, so no difference there.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

She knows me so well.

Ford Bronco Last Minute Changes? 20210523_131826

Ford Bronco Last Minute Changes? 20210523_131826
Doing everything aftermarket would have cost you more anyway. Just easier and smarter to get it all done with the bronco instead of dealing with the hassle later.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doing everything aftermarket would have cost you more anyway. Just easier and smarter to get it all done with the bronco instead of dealing with the hassle later.
Don’t forget factory warranty too! (y)

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ordered exactly what I wanted when I saw it 7/13. No changes.
Only change would have been if mansquatch was a thing for 2021.

Cali Gaucho

Base
First Name
Cali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sasquatch and Done, You can do everything you want to do and its under warranty.
Add the Steel Plating if/when you want to do 'extreme' rock crawling like rubicon trail.

Mzekew

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Within the last week I down tiered from Big Bend to Base.

I did it because I realized don’t actually want most of the things Big Bend added. I didn’t like the gray grill or wheels on the BB when I saw it in person, I am not adding Mid or tow package, I planned on removing the middle grab handle and badge decals anyway, and I didn’t select any of the expanded color choices. While the Base wheels are definitely not my thing, I would be putting on new wheels if I order Base or BB. So, for my build, all BB really added was leather steering wheel/shifter and privacy glass, and that wasn’t worth the several thousand dollar difference.

I ended up saving $3,500 on my build which I will immediately spend on new wheels, dark tint, and nerf bars.

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is the carbonized gray MIC as light as it looks in that pic of the 2DR?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dino

Dino

Outer Banks
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I always knew what I wanted on my build and refuse to change it. But I also opted for pretty much everything, so likely that’s why lol.

I did change my colour once. I had chosen Carbonized Grey initially without seeing any in-person and was solely based off Fords terrible online renderings. Once I saw AMB on an F-150 at my local dealership I changed the colour right away. Same price though, so no difference there.
I originally went with AMB, but then saw A51 in person, and switched; but now it seems like the entire forum is going with that color, so I switched back to AMB.

#AMBMafia

OP
OP
Dino

Dino

Outer Banks
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

EXACTLY.

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is the carbonized gray MIC as light as it looks in that pic of the 2DR?
judging by the one I saw in person, no. It is darker than it looks in a picture however each body paint can make the MIC look different shades. For example, maybe the MIC only looked as dark as it did because it was an Iconic Silver paint. Maybe it looks lighter with Shadow Black, etc

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I saw the same OBX. I loved the all black rims. I just switched from a maxed out BD to a Wildtrak to get those wheels and the 12” screen. $1000 more. Spread over 60 months is worth it to make me happy.

OP
OP
Dino

Dino

Outer Banks
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model