bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No one ever said ‘sucks to be you’. But take it for what you want.
There is no official MY22 group yet really but anyone doing the math of how many months are left and how many Broncos they are making a week can figure out the writing on the wall.
Sponsored

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll trust the expectations a dealer tells me to have over a smarmy rando on the internet, and the OP should too.
You believe a salesman? Well, then, I got a bridge I need to sell you !!!!!!!

Truth? I haven't heard any official word or even rumors of preorder builds being pushed past the end of MY22.
First day orders being pushed to 22MY does not mean, end of 2022. It means instead of pre-december 2021, a unit will be built post-december 2021, could be January 2022. A separation of a few weeks.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There is no official MY22 group yet really but anyone doing the math of how many months are left and how many Broncos they are making a week can figure out the writing on the wall.
Yep, but some people can’t handle it. They want it now and that’s not going to happen. I was a first day res and even I was convinced I would be MY22 based on my dealer.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yep, but some people can’t handle it. They want it now and that’s not going to happen. I was a first day res and even I was convinced I would be MY22 based on my dealer.
Yeah, it sucks but it's either wait or buy something else. My wife asked if I was going to wait and I told her "If I wasn't willing to wait did I really want one?"... so here I am.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

You can expect lots of this ... But seriously at least all the accessories and aftermarket will be in full swing by the time you get yours. I pushed back to '22 waiting for the white top, depending if all the setbacks for this model year get resolved quickly to put a good chink in the backlog will be a big decider if you'll even be a '22 imo.

Ford Bronco Late $100 reservation, what to expect 1619719900987

Sponsored

Tychapman

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm perfectly fine waiting a year for mine to arrive.. I wouldn't be fine waiting 2 years.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm feeling somewhat safe with a night one res and being allocation 41 out of 80 at my dealer, but I have no idea if those 40 before me are all fully loaded BL like mine or FE, lots of people with tons of money around me. So I hope to get it sometime this year, will just have to wait and see what Ford tells me in the delivery estimate we're supposed to get in May. If that puts me into a year from now I'll probably reconsider or maybe temp lease a Wrangler from that one dealer on here that offers that with buy back (I believe, never leased a car, but could be a fun option to bridge over the wait.

It'll get here when it gets here, Ford certainly didn't "lie" to me or "make up this allocation thing out of thin air", they're cranking away as good as they can, with the materials and resources and Covid restrictions they have. I'm sure if they could they'd like to take our money yesterday and deliver today. So far they only know we want to hand them a couple million $ but haven't gotten a penny, the $100 res fee went to your selected dealer.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Based on what full production is projected to be, Ford could produce well north of 200,000 Broncos in MY '22 to go with the 50-60,000 MY '21s, which takes care of all current orders plus a good amount of dealer stock before the end of 2022 (10 months of production at 2 shifts producing 50% Broncos and 50% Rangers is actually enough (over 150,000), and early word was more like 75%+ Bronco production vs Rangers.)

The idea that lots of people who have reservations now are going to have to wait until MY '23 doesn't square with simple math. Could there be parts constraints that push certain models or options to MY '23, sure, but it shouldn't be based on total production numbers. Only a major disruption to production (which can happen) would push people into MY '23.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Based on what full production is projected to be, Ford could produce well north of 200,000 Broncos in MY '22 to go with the 50-60,000 MY '21s, which takes care of all current orders plus a good amount of dealer stock before the end of 2022 (10 months of production at 2 shifts producing 50% Broncos and 50% Rangers is actually enough (over 150,000), and early word was more like 75%+ Bronco production vs Rangers.)

The idea that lots of people who have reservations now are going to have to wait until MY '23 doesn't square with simple math. Could there be parts constraints that push certain models or options to MY '23, sure, but it shouldn't be based on total production numbers. Only a major disruption to production (which can happen) would push people into MY '23.
Yeah I'm pretty sure you're right. I would except the majority of the 2020/2021 reservations to be completely filled by the end of 2022. I could forsee someone reserving 4th QTR of 21 getting pushed to 23 but still not sure.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Don't sell yourself short. Pick the right trim and options your last week reservation just might win the build lottery. Gotta put order in though.

I've debated doing this exact thing though I have an early reservation. Select a Big Bend, 4dr, 2.3L, Mid, Soft Top and might get lucky with no commodity constrained build picked for July/August. We now know reservation timestamp is pretty meaningless. Last on the list.

All depends if you are willing to compromise with a specific build. We've seen very very late reservations get build notifications on the forum so naysayers can't say it isn't possible.

In my case, hope would be get lucky, drive around awhile, and wait for my first build to finally come through. Figure good chance to break even on resale if not better with insane demand and low supply initially. Especially, if it's a below invoice dealer.

If simple no commodity constrained build doesn't get pulled...oh well. I'm out only the minimal time I put into it when I cancel.

Sponsored

reef_surfer

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey. I'm in the same boat as you. Res about 4 weeks ago. I went to the dealer and ordered the day after I reserved. Weird thing is, the order never updated on my ford account. I guess after you order your account will go from saying "order now" to "in store order". I called ford about it to make sure they have my order and they said to just wait until MY22 order banks open and order again.

OP
OP

JZBronco70

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150 / 1970 Bronco (in process)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I just got off the phone with the dealer I’m going through. Since I reserved it after the initial order window it doesn’t generate a notification on their end to call to start the actual order process.

Went over the build on the phone and emailed them my options so he’s converting it to an actual order today.
So basically if you are late reservation you have to call to force the order through.

I just kept it kind of basic on options in the hopes it doesn’t “trigger” any special restrictions due to parts. I figured I would just get the roof rack from the parts department after the fact and make my own “bull bar” if i feel the need

so 4 door black Diamond manual with a MIC top & headliner and tow package

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don't sell yourself short. Pick the right trim and options your last week reservation just might win the build lottery. Gotta put order in though.
So, I'm really confused. My understanding from all the local dealers here is that the order bank is closed until Ford opens it up. My sales drone can't even order one for himself, and his reservation number is about 90,000 lower than mine.

Nobody knows when Ford will allow more conversions. Speculation is September, but that is pure guessing.

So, if the OP did convert to an order, I'd rather like to know how.

OP
OP

JZBronco70

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150 / 1970 Bronco (in process)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, I'm really confused. My understanding from all the local dealers here is that the order bank is closed until Ford opens it up. My sales drone can't even order one for himself, and his reservation number is about 90,000 lower than mine.

Nobody knows when Ford will allow more conversions. Speculation is September, but that is pure guessing.

so going to my Ford account it says It’s an order now. I have an order number and it says “in store order”
So what I don’t have is a build sheet confirming everything yet.

Now the part I don’t know if my dealer still had allocations available versus yours hence why mine worked and not your guys

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ya somethings not adding up. Why wouldn’t a dealer want to convert your res to an order? Then your locked into that dealer and can’t transfer. That’s best for them.

I’m not aware of any limitation on converting your reservation to an order right now. Some have said the order banks are closed but I think that’s been debunked.
Both Granger and Horsham extended their below invoice pricing and gave no indication of order banks “closed”. For those that have deferred to MY22, they’re a code 99 in dealer order system. I don’t see why you can’t have dealer not code it 99 and see what happens. Maybe I’m wrong.

Sounds to me your dealer is either ignorant or incompetent. I gave up on my local dealer long ago. I’m with Granger and sleep well at night.

There are people on this forum that placed reservations in February and March that converted to orders and have build dates in June. Yes, some were priority slots but some were not and landed a MY21 when they thought no way in hell that would happen.
Sponsored