Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everyone,

I am sure I missed something already posted on this topic. I am looking for some advice. Currently, I am #28 of 28 at my local dealer. It’s looks as though I am a late 2021. I would love my Bronco sooner rather than later, and I don’t really want a green or any of the MY22 tops. Any reasons why MY22 would be better than MY21? Looking for some help or suggestions.
Sponsored

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I fortunately got my build date already but before that this was a very big question I was asking myself. For me it came down to I would ultimately decide when the MY22 changes were officially released. If it came down to I wouldn't really change much or nothing with the new options I wouldn't push my order to MY22. If there was a really cool new thing or something I felt like was worth the wait I was going to push it to MY22.

As of now, we don't know enough of what will actually change for MY22 besides the roof is changing for the roof rack (don't know how much of a change) colors going away and new colors coming and mansquatch.

I feel your pain in figuring out what MY to go with. Best of luck to you.

OP
OP
jedmisten

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I fortunately got my build date already but before that this was a very big question I was asking myself. For me it came down to I would ultimately decide when the MY22 changes were officially released. If it came down to I wouldn't really change much or nothing with the new options I wouldn't push my order to MY22. If there was a really cool new thing or something I felt like was worth the wait I was going to push it to MY22.

As of now, we don't know enough of what will actually change for MY22 besides the roof is changing for the roof rack (don't know how much of a change) colors going away and new colors coming and mansquatch.

I feel your pain in figuring out what MY to go with. Best of luck to you.
Congrats on your build date. It’s a bummer because I made my reservation 7/14 (timestamp 7/15) I though I was early enough. Shame on me for being so late. Thanks for your input.

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats on your build date. It’s a bummer because I made my reservation 7/14 (timestamp 7/15) I though I was early enough. Shame on me for being so late. Thanks for your input.
Thank you. Never know you could be earlier then you are thinking with the other builds at your dealership. So many reservations in the first 24 hours it was insane.

Quinn_the_eskimo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep Scrambler, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
First year of production always has issues. Second year takes into account all the feedback from year one purchases. Better options.

I'm happy with my late reservation - more time to save and probably better options available in a couple months.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jedmisten

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you. Never know you could be earlier then you are thinking with the other builds at your dealership. So many reservations in the first 24 hours it was insane.
Unless reservations before me decide to go MY22, I am definitely a late build. My dealer said that Ford is pulling 4 from there dealership to schedule weekly. That puts me being scheduled in approximately 5 weeks.

got_G.O.A.T.?

Base
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

From your profile pic, I'm assuming you're from the Anaheim/Orange County area. Just curious, but what dealership are you using? I'm asking because I'm in that area and mine hasn't been very forthcoming with information.

OP
OP
jedmisten

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From your profile pic, I'm assuming you're from the Anaheim/Orange County area. Just curious, but what dealership are you using? I'm asking because I'm in that area and mine hasn't been very forthcoming with information.
Yes, I am from Orange. However, my dealer is in Fullerton. What dealer are you at? What I have realized through this whole process is that we as a consumer know more than many of these dealers. Bronco6g members are more knowledgeable when it comes to things Bronco. With that said, I think many dealers won't say anything because they really don't know.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First year of production always has issues. Second year takes into account all the feedback from year one purchases. Better options.

I'm happy with my late reservation - more time to save and probably better options available in a couple months.
You have to take into account the my21 bronco won't have much feedback in 4 months. There is not the traditional 1 year run before the new model comes out. Ford is already set on the my22 and changes will be modest ( colors added, top colors added maybe dropping a trim level and adding warthog) who knows. I've resigned myself to a my22. My dealer told me don't expect communication from Ford for awhile. I'm 13 out of ??? Can't seem to get an answer to that one.

OP
OP
jedmisten

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have to take into account the my21 bronco won't have much feedback in 4 months. There is not the traditional 1 year run before the new model comes out. Ford is already set on the my22 and changes will be modest ( colors added, top colors added maybe dropping a trim level and adding warthog) who knows. I've resigned myself to a my22. My dealer told me don't expect communication from Ford for awhile. I'm 13 out of ??? Can't seem to get an answer to that one.
Yeah, I was thinking that same thing. They are basically going to be the same vehicle, so I will just stick with a late MY21. Thanks for the input. Who knows, maybe some of the 27 before me will opt for a MY22.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’ve been considering pushing mine also. I knew FEs wouldn’t be the first ones off the line but possibly having a 2021 delivered in 2022 at MSRP has me considering a 2022. Ive always planned to trade into the warthog any ways.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Second year of production has content removed for cost savings. Content = things you don’t see like sound deadners.

BeachShredder

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG c63s, Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was an early reservation, but ultimately decided to push mine to a MY22. Honestly, there were too many unknowns/horrible communication coming from Ford. If the new green color looks good, I may be going for that, but either way, the main thing is that I'm hoping any major issues will get ironed out immediately (things that would require a recall). I'm also expecting the add-on catalog will continue to expand. So in the end, I'm happy I'm waiting. Besides, now I can actually see them and hopefully drive one before the major investment.

NoleDawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the only thing we can expect from ford for 22 will be some new colors and movement of existing options between trims. They don’t have the time to innovate between 21/22.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, I was thinking that same thing. They are basically going to be the same vehicle, so I will just stick with a late MY21. Thanks for the input. Who knows, maybe some of the 27 before me will opt for a MY22.
Good luck
Sponsored