Sponsored

Late Reservation holders - Ordering MY21 before March cutoff "uses" your reservation?

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm trying to understand if I should order now, I have a very late reservation. I know I will end up with a MY 2022 Bronco, not a 2021. So why order a 2021 now? Does converting now "use up" the reservation? Some threads say yes, some no. The dealerships don't know, yet. And their bias is to get your order converted asap so Ford can run the numbers to plan manufacturing this year.

Can someone explain:
1. If I order a MY21 now, knowing I won't get a MY21, does that lock in any prices or features?
2. If I order a MY21 now, how is my "reservation position still honored?"
3. If I wait to order in the summer, is there any advantage, knowing I'm getting a MY22 anyway?

Thanks,
Sponsored

Troy13

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota corolla
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you want to wait till 22 you can tell your dealer that. As an October reservation I'm going to place mine because there's a 95% chance I'll end up with a 22, but there's still a slim chance you'll end up getting a 21 bronco. Also my understanding is if you end up being a 22 you will be able to update your order.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here’s Your Chances of 2021 vs 2022

Can someone explain:
1. If I order a MY21 now, knowing I won't get a MY21, does that lock in any prices or features? You can configure your build up until the time a VIN is issued
2. If I order a MY21 now, how is my "reservation position still honored?" Those that ordered and do not make the MY21 cut are re-queued in the front of the MY22 line in timestamp order
3. If I wait to order in the summer, is there any advantage, knowing I'm getting a MY22 anyway? no advantage but If you have decided you definitely want a MY22 you need to communicate this to your dealer

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you are confident that you are receiving a MY22, then the price you lock in for converting your order now is for the MY21. Converting your reservation will only really help in increasing the dealer's conversion rate and boosting their MY21 allocation. None of which benefit you, so perhaps you can negotiate with your dealer that you would be glad to convert your reservation if they honor the MY21 pricing for the MY22 order. Assuming the trims are equal and that you don't opt for a Heritage Edition, the dealer shouldn't have a problem in honoring the pricing except for any new options (white roof).

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just order it. You probably won’t get it and then you’ll re-order for 22’ and keep your time stamp. This shit is so simple and the misinformation queens on this forum need to stop spreading bad information.

Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you're set on a MY22 for options or whatever, hold off on converting and let your dealer know to put you in the MY22 group.

If you'd be fine with a MY21, even if there's only a slim chance of it happening, convert your order. We don't know how things will shake out, between delayed items and people not converting their reservations. Better to have that converted order in and get your Bronco sooner if there's a possibility to do so.

KVK

Black Diamond
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09’ F150, 89’ Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just order it. You probably won’t get it and then you’ll re-order for 22’ and keep your time stamp. This shit is so simple and the misinformation queens on this forum need to stop spreading bad information.
Agree... why not order a MY21? I’m a late September reservation and plan on ordering. Will probably get a MY22 so I’ll just adjust it in the summer.

OP
OP

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks all. I reserved in January at the end! Just was too busy to hear about the New Broncos until the end of the year last year, studied a few weeks, decided to reserve. I would suspect my chances of a MY21 are slim...and none.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks all. I reserved in January at the end! Just was too busy to hear about the New Broncos until the end of the year last year, studied a few weeks, decided to reserve. I would suspect my chances of a MY21 are slim...and none.
I would suspect you're pretty generous with "slim." Your chances with a January reservation are, quite literally, zero.

OP
OP

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes, I know. My chances of getting the white modular roof are high. Chances of first production problems being corrected with engineering changes also high. Everything has it's tradeoff, being "FIRST!!!" is never one of mine.
Sponsored