Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Latest nugget from Ford’s Levine this morning- could Ford really have reconsidered their options for the 7MT? On Sasquatch? Maybe even 2.7? I can only hope, and looking forward to the answers.

View attachment 24014
Beating a dead horse, people constantly ask him for manual Sasquatch and he keeps saying not this year. Can we all just accept it for 2021 model year?

NewtoOffroading

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I hope that everyone who is chirping online about a MT buys one. Tweeting at Mike is free, let's see the reservation dollars.

Ford is a for profit company that has spent a ton of money and time market researching this. The reality is if people were actually going to buy a MT they'd make it but the trends in the industry are clear.

Sponsored

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm failing to see anything in the tweets that mention a possible manual offered with the 2.7 or Sasquatch. The guy only mentioned wanting a manual on the Sport, and Levine's response was in regards to drive events

cal jammer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I hope that everyone who is chirping online about a MT buys one. Tweeting at Mike is free, let's see the reservation dollars.

Ford is a for profit company that has spent a ton of money and time market researching this. The reality is if people were actually going to buy a MT they'd make it but the trends in the industry are clear.
I don't tweet, but 2.7 manual and I'm buying. I'm still going to get a bronco but I'm forced into 2.7 auto. so the manual sales numbers are worse than they would be because of a MONUMENTALLY stupid decision on fords part.

NewtoOffroading

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't tweet, but 2.7 manual and I'm buying. I'm still going to get a bronco but I'm forced into 2.7 auto. so the manual sales numbers are worse than they would be because of a MONUMENTALLY stupid decision on fords part.
Is it? You just said you were going to buy one anyway. How many people would buy a Bronco but will not buy it because it doesn't have a MT in the larger engine or with Samquanch?

It's not as easy as slapping a third pedal in the car. It takes at least some money to develop a MT. So now you have to compare the additional cost of this option (both development side and manufacture side) to the additional revenue this brings in.

There may be some consumers who don't buy a Bronco because they can't get a MT with the 2.7 or Sasquatch but how many of them are just gonna get the smaller engine or the auto Trans?

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dealing with leaky rusty auto lines on a 96 and 2002 in the last week has sealed the deal for me. NO AUTOS. "But...." NO DO NOT CARE. NOT GONNA DO IT. "All the sports cars are..." NOPE ZIP IT! SHUSH!!!!

Im a high performance enthusiast and I am willing to have Ford put a limiter on the torque output until the warranty is up. Just cant do an auto!

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it? You just said you were going to buy one anyway. How many people would buy a Bronco but will not buy it because it doesn't have a MT in the larger engine or with Samquanch?

It's not as easy as slapping a third pedal in the car. It takes at least some money to develop a MT. So now you have to compare the additional cost of this option (both development side and manufacture side) to the additional revenue this brings in.

There may be some consumers who don't buy a Bronco because they can't get a MT with the 2.7 or Sasquatch but how many of them are just gonna get the smaller engine or the auto Trans?
Exactly... As much as I wish I could get the 2.7, I'm still going to buy and live with the 2.3... Ford is a big enough company that they did their research and looked at the ROI for the development, factoring in people that would still buy alternatives. I'm sure they lost a few hundred or maybe thousand sales for the first year, but it's not 10's of thousands, which is closer to the range they would have needed to justify the added R&D.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dealing with leaky rusty auto lines on a 96 and 2002 in the last week has sealed the deal for me. NO AUTOS. "But...." NO DO NOT CARE. NOT GONNA DO IT. "All the sports cars are..." NOPE ZIP IT! SHUSH!!!!

Im a high performance enthusiast and I am willing to have Ford put a limiter on the torque output until the warranty is up. Just cant do an auto!

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/g20734564/manual-transmission-cars/

Good luck, you're down to about 30 choices

cal jammer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

you're missing my point. sales numbers for manuals are down because manufacturers don't offer them. granted they do offer it on the new bronco, but not paired with what people who are "into cars/trucks" would want. its a boneheaded decision. people who like to drive manuals I would imagine are the type of people that will pay for the bigger engine/Sasquatch package. Look at my current car the focus ST, the performance version of the focus (not as cool as the RS though)built for people who are passionate about performance....only available in manual. Their entire marketing for bronco is about serious offroading...while serious offroads seem to prefer manual.

Many people who don't drive stick or don't even want to learn how to drive stick don't even know or care how many cylinders their vehicle has. It's baffling.

I would prefer to have 2.7 manual, If I had a choice that's what I would be ordering in december but I can't(my gf will be happy about this so she can drive it too though). So this will go into the figures of everyone saying, "nobody buys manuals anymore" when we are handcuffed into the auto trans with saquatch/2.7

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If FoMoCo would offer the 2.7L w/MT Badlands 2 Door, I'd make a reservation for it. It's the ONLY REASON why I haven't reserved a Bronco.
Sponsored