Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

plus they still haven’t let us know what the horn sounds like ! Why is Ford covering that up ? If somebody says the horn sounds like shit that will be it, I‘M OUT!!!!!
But for real... if I can’t have a tiny, folding tailgate table upon order, I’m going to buy a Miata
Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I
Well that was pretty short lived, no?
And this is why I feel Ford should have asked for a 500 dollar deposit as a reservation instead. 100 dollars is too low a barrier of entry. Just anybody can reserve and drop out on a whim

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What I can't pretend to know, is who knew what. I have no inside information to that. From a business point of view, this is a pain in the ass to Ford, and no business wants to have to mitigate mistakes, it takes time, money, and the reputation cost is not to be discounted.

That being said, time and resources are a balancing act. Knowledge through organizations is not always as good as everyone believes.

There is no upside in the B&P being incorrect, so Ford is now having to deal with the fallout. However, we are a tiny community here on this website, and if you start weighing business cost, against the angst of a few thousand, they may have made a decision they didn't have the resources. Or someone knew it was a mistake, and covered it up. Or the left hand didn't know what the right hand had done, and no one caught it.

Who knows the specifics. What I do know is, Ford wants to sell cars, so anything that derails that, is counterproductive to that desired result.

CanadianFord

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sorry Mike, a base 2 door with Sasquatch is $53,994 Canadian. $51 000 +/- was bad enough before the price increase. Not worth it. I'm going with Jeep Willys, $38,176. I'm losing a bit of ground clearance I think but not $16 000 worth. I'll drive around those rocks and stumps instead.

Cptjockitch

Wildtrak
First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 ford raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well that was pretty short lived, no?
Oh I believed you about your original reservation, I was talking about your current one. You said you would do it again
well this time I’m going to wait till the dealership calls me to place my order. If there isn’t a new color options and the price is too outrageous I’ll cancel. I’ll just look at the ford raptors they have for sale or look at the zr2 again.

Sponsored

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have no reason to lie.

2099018E-8631-4FA2-92BF-96F302EB3D2E.png
If you canceled a $100 refundable deposit, literally a day later, don't think you really want a Bronco that badly like some of us here. Unless you really needed that $100 for some fried chicken and fries that day.

Money is money. And heck, would like to pay less not more for anything. But it is what it is and I'm still excited about getting one. 11/13/20 res baby!

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
F*ck Ford.

This isn’t rocket science. This isn’t COVID problems. This is a decision by someone in an office at Ford to knowingly put out false/incorrect information and hide beind their “it could all change” warning label.

It’s pretty simple, actually, put out correct price/options/info from the beginning or risk looking like a bunch of douche bags. We apparently now know what choice Ford has made.

JK

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mind-games.......

After everyone is convinced that the all-in price for Sasquatch (including the 4A case and 10sp trans) on 2-door Base and Big Bend is $8980........... the "Sasquatch Package" price will be confirmed at $5790..... and (for now) require the 10sp trans option for $1595, for an all-in cost of $7385.

And, we'll act happy....

We're being played.

Cptjockitch

Wildtrak
First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 ford raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you canceled a $100 refundable deposit, literally a day later, don't think you really want a Bronco that badly like some of us here. Unless you really needed that $100 for some fried chicken and fries that day.

Money is money. And heck, would like to pay less not more for anything. But it is what it is and I'm still excited about getting one. 11/13/20 res baby!
I currently drive a 2012 svt raptor and I was perfectly fine with it until I seen the new Bronco. I love the power and aggression of my 6.2 v8. I’m not looking for a base 2 door. I’m looking for a fully loaded badlands or wildtrak and right now it looks like I’ll be paying close to $65000 for that bronco. Why wouldn’t I look for a better option? I’ve seen 3 2020 ford raptors with less than 10000 miles for less than $60000 just in my city and the raptor is in every way better than the bronco. The top trim levels are just too expensive on the bronco. How much will the warthog bronco cost? $70000? Shit the 2022 ford raptor is rumored to start at $55000. A fully loaded bronco should top out at $55000. Anything more than that and I’ll just buy a used raptor or wait for 2022 since the bronco may take awhile anyways.

mike12779

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It still seems like something is way off. If you take a 2 door base, and only add the Sasquatch package, it comes to $38,975.

Now take a 2 door Badlands, and only add the Sasquatch package, it comes in at $47,680.

Assuming you don't want to go higher on the packages, and you add in the bumper and switches to the base ~$1000. Does the sway bar disconnect, vinyl interior, etc... warrant a ~$7500 difference?

If we think the base should even be lower and we are being overcharged, the Badlands seems way overpriced.

Sponsored

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry Mike, a base 2 door with Sasquatch is $53,994 Canadian. $51 000 +/- was bad enough before the price increase. Not worth it. I'm going with Jeep Willys, $38,176. I'm losing a bit of ground clearance I think but not $16 000 worth. I'll drive around those rocks and stumps instead.
everyone is stacking up the WT against the Rubicon but I haven’t seen many entry level trim comparisons. I think the Willys is about as close as you can get to a Basesquatch and in the US the Jeep is saving you about $6k. It’ll be interesting to see how Ford develops options and packages for the bottom end trims down the road.

CanadianFord

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
everyone is stacking up the WT against the Rubicon but I haven’t seen many entry level trim comparisons. I think the Willys is about as close as you can get to a Basesquatch and in the US the Jeep is saving you about $6k. It’ll be interesting to see how Ford develops options and packages for the bottom end trims down the road.
I know my local dealership, and many in Canada are putting lift kits in Rangers and F series trucks. Perhaps in time they'll do it for Broncos too. A base is all need or want, I just need a tad bit more ground clearance.

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And they raised the standard 4 Door by the same amount which unlike the BB has no 7sp option
FYI, as of this morning it is looking like Sasquatch for a base 4 door is 5,790, so the same as pre-update. (Still has the increased base price though)
Sponsored