First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fair points on that pricing philosophy but I see an issue that the Advanced 4x4 only available on Squatch as kind of a kick to the cookies right now. Why does it NEED to be tied to the Squatch suspension? UNLESS Ford KNEW that alone it would have been far too popular and they couldn't keep that production up.
Advanced 4x4 is available on non-Squatch Black Diamond as a $795 option, and is included as standard on non-Squatch Badlands.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Fair points on that pricing philosophy but I see an issue that the Advanced 4x4 only available on Squatch as kind of a kick to the cookies right now. Why does it NEED to be tied to the Squatch suspension? UNLESS Ford KNEW that alone it would have been far too popular and they couldn't keep that production up.
On base it's not possible outside of squatch. But the Advanced 4x4 is available on Badlands without any upgrades.
They (Ford) have clearly set a pricing benchmark for that technology based on whatever factors they chose, or market demands, and put it where they want it to be.

It's certainly not mandatory kit! As others with vastly more off road driving skill than myself have said "you don't have to have it, it just makes the basics a little easier". So from their input i've figured it's not increasing the bar for the vehicle as a whole, just making the bar easier to reach.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On base it's not possible outside of squatch. But the Advanced 4x4 is available on Badlands without any upgrades.
They (Ford) have clearly set a pricing benchmark for that technology based on whatever factors they chose, or market demands, and put it where they want it to be.

It's certainly not mandatory kit! As others with vastly more off road driving skill than myself have said "you don't have to have it, it just makes the basics a little easier". So from their input i've figured it's not increasing the bar for the vehicle as a whole, just making the bar easier to reach.
I was more thinking "Hmm, Adv 4 vs. Sas". For on road use not off.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The trim that was really affected by this was the Black Diamond. In its base form it is still kinda relevant but as soon as you add Sasquatch it doesn't have a place. Wildtrak is cheaper for the money.
Until you start to try and compute "value" for the difference in GOAT modes and for the interior materials. Then any "value" interpretation becomes cloudy.

BroncoZ

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, this isn’t actually as much of a price increase as people think. $4,995 was the old Sasquatch, $795 is the full time 4wd transfer case (which was previously tacked on with Sasquatch too), leaving $1,595, which is the price of upgrading to auto.

All in all, the only price increase for a basequatch is $1595 since they are no longer leaving the auto transmission as free.
I get the Math, but will Ford subtract the $1595 from Base Manual Sasquatch In MY22?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I get the Math, but will Ford subtract the $1595 from Base Manual Sasquatch In MY22?
Sure. After they raise the price. ?

Cptjockitch

Wildtrak
First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 ford raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Raptors are currently going about $10k over invoice and they aren’t making a 21, so not really an option and seems unlikely to find one under 75k right now. It will also be a discontinued model and will take a hit when the 22 comes out. Tremor maybe in 21 is a better choice? I am tired of the size of my F150 and. Raptor makes all the dimensions bigger, so the Tremor would be more interesting to me anyway (Ranger Tremor ??). I agree the Bronco is expensive and it makes me take pause with the new pricing, but right in line with the Jeep when I went through B&P this morning (I am not interested in a Jeep, was just curious).
Yes the price of new raptors went up but a 2019 with 10000 miles can still be found for $60000-$65000 and will still hold it’s value. I mention the raptor because I would rather have a truck bed than an suv. If the bronco came in a pickup it would probably outsell any other bronco trim.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes the price of new raptors went up but a 2019 with 10000 miles can still be found for $60000-$65000 and will still hold it’s value. I mention the raptor because I would rather have a truck bed than an suv. If the bronco came in a pickup it would probably outsell any other bronco trim.
Does the Gladiator outsell the Wrangler? Its the same logic right?

Sponsored

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No idea. There’s no telling what changes may happen for my22, they will probably raise the prices across the board, and there’s no telling if they‘ll subtract the auto price from Sasquatch. I suspect they will (I’m guessing on the actual order form the transmission and sasquatch are different boxes with their own prices, just for my21 auto has to be checked to check Sasquatch)

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don’t worry. They will give us more Ford bucks to spend on aftermarket parts that Ford techs will screw up trying to install.
Sponsored