First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe he’s slightly vague because this community completely eats him alive and inspects every letter he says with a microscope? We can either have someone speak off the cuff and sometimes be a bit vague, or rely entirely on Ford’s statements.
Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

with an increase like that, more n more customers would opt to get their Lifts and wheels/tires in the aftermarket .... getting stock would give you minimal benefit in price ... well done Ford .... SUPERB management:mad:

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm confused, what is the $2495 for? And don't tell me it's for some stupid Fk'in beadlock capable wheels that I could give 2 shits about. Because that'll just annoy me. If Ford wants to rape me some more on wheels and tires, let ME PICK the wheels and tires. ;)
That's exactly what I'm saying it's for along with bumpstops and maybe slightly different springs, but certainly not more expensive.

I think that's the part they effed up from the start.
Only problem with that theory, aren't people saying the beadlock capable wheels sell for like $600/piece? 5 wheels would be $3000, a set of 35's gotta be going for $250-$300+/piece, there's another $1500.

We are now at $4500, give a credit for the bobo mother f'in Big Bend wheels ? (let's say $150 because 5 of them certainly isn't worth anymore then that). And it means you are basically telling me I'm getting an awesome deal, $2495 for a $4,350 wheel/tire package ? Man I feel like I'm about to get bent over one last time before Christmas :cry:
Alright everybody, quit flipping tables and use your critical thinking skills. Let's do some simple math we all learned in elementary school:

$4995 (Sasquatch Package)
$795 (advanced 4wd transfer case)
$1595 (automatic transmission)

Now pull out your pencil and paper, or your calculators, and you'll see that adds up to:

$7385

Now use common sense and realize build and price has been WRONG the last couple months. I think the logical thinkers in the group was expecting this to happen.

Imissmy1996bronco basically said the same thing:

So, this isn’t actually as much of a price increase as people think. $4,995 was the old Sasquatch, $795 is the full time 4wd transfer case (which was previously tacked on with Sasquatch too), leaving $1,595, which is the price of upgrading to auto.

All in all, the only price increase for a basequatch is $1595 since they are no longer leaving the auto transmission as free.
And NickP... I agree!

Holy shit some if y’all need to grow up. Ever heard the term “don’t shoot the messenger”? Acting like Mike personally increased the cost of your Bronco. At least he is communicating and answering questions.

Sometimes I swear this community is it’s own worst enemy.
EDIT: I've awoken the haters

Edit 2: I bet you won't cancel your reservation

Last edited:

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe he’s slightly vague because this community completely eats him alive and inspects every letter he says with a microscope? We can either have someone speak off the cuff and sometimes be a bit vague, or rely entirely on Ford’s statements.
It’s not like he was pretty much run off the forums and inundated with tons of unreasonable requests after he posted a single comment or anything..... oh wait....

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So, this isn’t actually as much of a price increase as people think. $4,995 was the old Sasquatch, $795 is the full time 4wd transfer case (which was previously tacked on with Sasquatch too), leaving $1,595, which is the price of upgrading to auto.

All in all, the only price increase for a basequatch is $1595 since they are no longer leaving the auto transmission as free.
^^^^THIS^^^^

I knew this day was coming but was in a bit of denial.. I've been flip-flopping on Sas anyway, but it was such a good deal I couldn't pass, now it's properly priced and I will again waiver.

Sponsored

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Only problem with that theory, aren't people saying the beadlock capable wheels sell for like $600/piece? 5 wheels would be $3000, a set of 35's gotta be going for $250-$300+/piece, there's another $1500.

We are now at $4500, give a credit for the bobo mother f'in Big Bend wheels ? (let's say $150 because 5 of them certainly isn't worth anymore then that). And it means you are basically telling me I'm getting an awesome deal, $2495 for a $4,350 wheel/tire package ? Man I feel like I'm about to get bent over one last time before Christmas :cry:
They told you it was a 'Big Bend'. Best to just enjoy it.

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Ford Explorer, KTM 890 ADV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Alright everybody, quit flipping tables and use your critical thinking skills. Let's do some simple math we all learned in elementary school:

Now pull out your pencil and paper, or your calculators, and you'll see that adds up to:

$7385

Now use common sense and realize build and price has been WRONG the last couple months. I think the logical thinkers in the group was expecting this to happen.

And NickP... I agree!
Except for MY21 the auto is required for the sas package. So I (and others) assumed we could deduct the price of the automatic for when the MY22 comes out.
Advanced transfer case I assumed came with the sas package. Whats next? Lockers are an additional add on? Switches for the lockers additional?
End of the day, it's now 36k plus tax for a base 2 door with the sas package. Thats cloth interior, plastic rear bumper, 4 cyl engine, and so on and so on. I get trucks and real SUVs come at a price premium. But this is beyond annoying and looking like less of a deal. Throw in the Chinese manual trans, IFS, and Chinese wheels I seriously might just buy something else. Ima keep my reservation for now, only $100, but can't say I'll be buying a bronco now.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a hunch that some people in Ford keep making decisions, and then the new CEO decides to override those decisions, consistency be damned.

edit: For anyone who hasn’t had experience with corporate management on big programs, this isn’t all that unusual in many industries. Someone promises the customer x, y, & z for a price, their boss finds out about this down the road and doesn’t like it for whatever reason, and says it needs to change. It’s not great by any means, but it is the product of humans working together, last I checked no one is infallible, and changes happen.
Like the guy at Red Lobster that thought all you can eat crab legs was a good promo...unemployed.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Almost all. There are one or two but not nearly what there were. It is understandable because they would get CRUSHED. However, once you set a standard for yourself...

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

$7385
Sorry Teach, my math is a little rusty in my later years... but let's revisit the tweet:

Ford Bronco Latest Levine: Base & Big Bend Sasquatch pricing should be $7,385 1608583301245

Since the Base 4 door already includes the price of the Auto (Yeah they snuck that one in on us), they are currently charging $5970. But this tweet says... both will be corrected to show $7385. So in turn, that reads as though they'll be double charging for the Auto Trans.

As for Levine taking the brunt, too bad for him. He's the only contact anyone remotely has to Ford. So I don't feel bad for him. And as stated previously, he doesn't ever really answer anything, more like drops hints about things. Big whoop.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry Teach, my math is a little rusty in my later years... but let's revisit the tweet:

Ford Bronco Latest Levine: Base & Big Bend Sasquatch pricing should be $7,385 1608583301245

Since the Base 4 door already includes the price of the Auto (Yeah they snuck that one in on us), they are currently charging $5970. But this tweet says... both will be corrected to show $7385. So in turn, that reads as though they'll be double charging for the Auto Trans.

As for Levine taking the brunt, too bad for him. He's the only contact anyone remotely has to Ford. So I don't feel bad for him. And as stated previously, he doesn't ever really answer anything, more like drops hints about things. Big whoop.
PR is kind of a front facing area of operations is it not? Sort of goes with the territory that you get praise with good news and cursed when you give bad. I would certainly expect that myself.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have said this before and I will say it again. Ford/Levin should def leave us in the dark. Trying to provide us with more info just creates more issues. If the majority of folks here will complain anyway then say nothing and give them nothing to complain about.

And to think, we may have another 8 months of this (complaining) before the Bronco is even delivered.

Cptjockitch

Wildtrak
First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 ford raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

$7385

And NickP... I agree!
I can get a 4x4 from any other maker with wireless charger and upgraded stereo for about $10000 less than a fully loaded bronco. The problem for me isn’t the jump in price it’s that a fully loaded bronco comes out to $60000-$61000. Why wouldn’t I just go buy a raptor? By next year my $60000 bronco should be worth $30000 once the warlock comes out and nobody wants the 2.7 V6. I live in Florida so that $60000 bronco comes out to about $65000 after taxes and whatever other fees the dealer fees. Shit I wouldn’t be surprised if the bronco comes out to $70000 for me.
Sponsored