Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

News from Webasco or Ford has been sparse to say the least lately. This could be either bad or worse news.

Since we do have some members here who love statistics is anyone tracking the current orders via the Build Week thread or another other "I got my Bronco" threads to see how many are MICs?

While we assume that soft tops are going to make up the majority of the deliveries if we see at least a stream of MICs that might indicate that they are at least making them. More often than not we see people switching to soft tops and then getting build dates.

While I won't switch to a soft top (yet) I'm hoping for a glimmer of good news on the MIC side.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I spent some time looking through the spreadsheets from the build weeks that posted them. Don't have definitive numbers because people kept updating them... but it seemed pretty close to a 50/50 split between MIC top and soft top. Not a whole lot of data though—one of the build weeks only had 17 entries in it, and another only had 8 when I looked—so who knows how accurate it all is.

But assuming I got a good sample, it's definitely still constrained. The Bronco6G stats showed a roughly 85/15 split between MIC/soft orders. And obviously 50/50 is not anywhere close to 85/15.

On the news front, Ford is making a ton of investments to improve production capacity, but none of those investments will have any real significant impact until 2023/2024. But the 2021 Q4 shareholder meeting should be happening in the next two-ish weeks, so hopefully we'll get more in-depth information then.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Officially, the cosmetic issues with the MIC tops have been addressed.

Unofficially, Ford had the leakers summarily executed.
Wish they were that forceful at stopping leaking MIC tops.

Sponsored

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wish they were that forceful at stopping leaking MIC tops.
:LOL: All you namby pambys think you are ordering a $100K Land Rover not a truck. What, you expect to be dry? Real off-roaders should leak a little. That's what the washout floors are for. Back in my day . . .

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the news front, Ford is making a ton of investments to improve production capacity, but none of those investments will have any real significant impact until 2023/2024.
Last we heard, the second Webasto roof plant was supposed to open in the first three months of 2022, no?

Maybe I missed something, but I've seen zero updates about that news since it was announced last summer. That could be a good thing, but probably isn't.

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last we heard, the second Webasto roof plant was supposed to open in the first three months of 2022, no?

Maybe I missed something, but I've seen zero updates about that news since it was announced last summer. That could be a good thing, but probably isn't.
You sure that wasn’t 2023? Unless they had an existing building they weren’t going stand up a factory in a couple months. Not going to happen.

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I spent some time looking through the spreadsheets from the build weeks that posted them. Don't have definitive numbers because people kept updating them... but it seemed pretty close to a 50/50 split between MIC top and soft top. Not a whole lot of data though—one of the build weeks only had 17 entries in it, and another only had 8 when I looked—so who knows how accurate it all is.

But assuming I got a good sample, it's definitely still constrained. The Bronco6G stats showed a roughly 85/15 split between MIC/soft orders. And obviously 50/50 is not anywhere close to 85/15.

On the news front, Ford is making a ton of investments to improve production capacity, but none of those investments will have any real significant impact until 2023/2024. But the 2021 Q4 shareholder meeting should be happening in the next two-ish weeks, so hopefully we'll get more in-depth information then.
Good info! Even 50/50 is not a bad sign.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Update 9:11pm

Hard tops are still garbage and Ford knows it.

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs