section204

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I said this quite a while ago. People have been here for months waiting for the reveal and I asked why did so many not bother to find the good dealers in their area. There were just a couple of lame responses and now people are in a panic. In a sense, you were forced to choose a dealer or the reservation site wouldn't allow you to proceed.
The problem with your argument is that is doesn't take in consideration the potential first time Ford buyers. There is zero rapport for any of the Ford dealerships unless you have considered or visited one in the past. Word of mouth goes a long way with Ford loyalist circles, but I have personally never set foot on a Ford dealership. This issue raises a big red flag from the get go. Buyers of another vehicle market or brand for that matter are essentially taking a leap of faith without any pricing or incentive information from any of the other dealerships. I believe the customer should come first and choose who they want to do their business with and not the other way around. This way Ford can win over more of the market. If the first dealership doesn't work, another one can seal the deal. This will bring back more customers to Ford(and the dealership) for future purchases. Otherwise it's just Bad Business.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The problem with your argument is that is doesn't take in consideration the potential first time Ford buyers. There is zero rapport for any of the Ford dealerships unless you have considered or visited one in the past. Word of mouth goes a long way with Ford loyalist circles, but I have personally never set foot on a Ford dealership. This issue raises a big red flag from the get go. Buyers of another vehicle market or brand for that matter are essentially taking a leap of faith without any pricing or incentive information from any of the other dealerships. I believe the customer should come first and choose who they want to do their business with and not the other way around. This way Ford can win over more of the market. If the first dealership doesn't work, another one can seal the deal. This will bring back more customers to Ford(and the dealership) for future purchases. Otherwise it's just Bad Business.
The thing is, it's not hard to find customer satisfaction ratings online for dealerships. A little research can tell you which one's to stay away from. Another is to actually set foot in a dealership and get a feel for the way the salespeople approach you and the tactics they use. Bad dealers usually manage to build a reputation for being bad in the community, so you should at least be able to weed out the worst one's.

section204

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The thing is, it's not hard to find customer satisfaction ratings online for dealerships. A little research can tell you which one's to stay away from. Another is to actually set foot in a dealership and get a feel for the way the salespeople approach you and the tactics they use. Bad dealers usually manage to build a reputation for being bad in the community, so you should at least be able to weed out the worst one's.
The problem is I see a news headline for the new Bronco. I want one. I reserve one within 48 hours of the release. There is no actual time to research online to see who is in "reality" rated 5 stars. I enter my zip code. I get X dealership. The expectation is that you have to research dealerships and know if they offer X-Plan or have ADM just in case Ford releases a new vehicle . Again the dealership comes first not the new vehicle or the customer. In most cases we have vehicle in mind first and we want to shop around at the various dealerships in our area to see what is available and for what price. This current reservation dealership lock-in is a bad business model and doesn't work. If it where just me whining about this issue then I probably wouldn't bother posting, but it angers people. The "Too bad, so sad" mind set doesn't help Ford at all. Give people an option to pick who they want to buy from and everyone is happy. That is unless you are a dealership that doesn't have the salesmanship to win over a customer.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The problem is I see a news headline for the new Bronco. I want one. I reserve one within 48 hours of the release. There is no actual time to research online to see who is in "reality" rated 5 stars. I enter my zip code. I get X dealership. The expectation is that you have to research dealerships and know if they offer X-Plan or have ADM just in case Ford releases a new vehicle . Again the dealership comes first not the new vehicle or the customer. In most cases we have vehicle in mind first and we want to shop around at the various dealerships in our area to see what is available and for what price. This current reservation dealership lock-in is a bad business model and doesn't work. If it where just me whining about this issue then I probably wouldn't bother posting, but it angers people. The "Too bad, so sad" mind set doesn't help Ford at all. Give people an option to pick who they want to buy from and everyone is happy. That is unless you are a dealership that doesn't have the salesmanship to win over a customer.
But you are not locked in with the reservation system...It is customer centered and you are in control of the complete buying process...you will be able to change your dealership when you are going through this...

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And you have that option. You own the reservation, you can price shop at different dealerships in the months ahead and ultimately change dealerships when you place your order in December. Pretty simple really.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And you have that option. You own the reservation, you can price shop at different dealerships in the months ahead and ultimately change dealerships when you place your order in December. Pretty simple really.
So, if you haven't done any research on dealer options, now is a good time to do so. That way, you'll be prepared in December when you get "the call".

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Their website has options and packages discrepancies, this is a long waited for product, listing incorrect information that confuses customers should be avoided or corrected at least after some time, Big Bend page still shows Co-Pilot360 as a standard option, it is acceptable if interns are running their marketing campaign, I tried to call Ford but had no luck of getting hold of anyone.
Even the base has Co-Pilot360 as standard. There is more than one version of Co-pilot, if you go through the Ford info it shows what the higher level Co-pilot plus adds.

section204

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It was VERY, VERY simple and I thought the exact same thing until the FAQ site changed. Someone else in this forum had actually pointed that out to me and I ended up having the exact same experience that they had, which is was calling Ford Customer Care to double check. They couldn't explain the verbiage change, and transferred me to Marketing at 1 (800) 334-4375. I was told by them that I had to cancel and reserve another.

I don't have anything in writing, or a guarantee that I can change the reservation.

So, if you haven't done any research on dealer options, now is a good time to do so. That way, you'll be prepared in December when you get "the call".
I have now done all of the research that I need to narrow down to 3 dealerships thanks in part to the information I have received here on this forum. It took me several days to get to that point, but that was after I secured my reservation.

I love the presence of the dealerships here, and I'm very impressed with their persistence. They WANT to sell Broncos. Some of us are not being offered X-Plan or receiving or any correspondence replies. Bottom line we want to consider other options, perhaps someone that wants our business.

I will be looking out for the "Official" transfer statement when it comes order time, or just dropping the whole thing altogether.

JpoutinUtah

First Edition
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yeah that’s a little frustrating. My dealership has sent me an automated email and hasn’t responded to my emails in regards to ADM. I would have waited for responses before pre-ordering but didn’t want to wait too long and be a late pre-order or miss it.
My dealer hasn’t contacted me at all- not one peep. Not impressed.

Sponsored

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On some forum I found a list of dealers... No idea where... A list of dealers who advertised not to sell over MSRP. Unfortunately, the dealer I chose was not on the list. I played the game to switch and was told to suck it up and wait.

In the meantime, I found the dealer I want to work with via yelp and reached out to them. It was a pain in the ass to get the Bronco's and the MachE "Future Vehicles" point of contact because of the all the floor sales yahoo's trying to get you to come in to buy a truck. Anyway, I eventually got through. I was still not confident the dealership would be cool, and at this point I was also hoping they could help me switch dealerships. Much to their freakin surprise, "Ya Can't Switch Dealers... Yet!" Left us both head scratching?!. Anyway, I told the dealership when it is time to buy I will exercise my option to switch dealers. Well, they're a great salesperson, really, they seemed to be as excited as I am about the whole Bronco line and experience, and is apparently managing over 300 reservations, not including mine. I know they are in it for the money but if the other dealers are an indication, they do not feel as though they have to work for us. I did not feel that way, it is like he is there for me, not me as just 1 out of 300+, and everything seemed clear and honest. I have done enough homework to know when a dealer is lying. Nope, a straight shooter.

I say all that, to say this. If your dealer sucks, find a good one, reach out and begin a relationship. If the Bronco coordinator at the dealer is cool, then they will take care of you. The right person knows they are going to earn our money. We are fish in a freakin barrel right now. The good dealerships will see that and welcome us.

No, I don't work for Ford, I'm just too old and tired to put up with bullshit, and I refuse to give my money to a-holes. The right person, with the right sale, will get lots of my money!

Administrator

Heritage
Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sweet, yeah, I was pretty sure I saw the list here but... You know, the mind gets foggy at times. Its a great list, I just wish the dealer I have my reservation through was on there. It was all operator error on my part.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How awkward is "the call" when dealer x says, "Hey congratulations its your turn" and you say "can you release my reservation to dealer y". Now we have that uncomfortable car buying experience where we have to negotiate with someone who is an expert at it and won't take no for an answer. Say we hold our ground, what kind of priority does that xfer to dealer y get? Wouldn't it just be easier to allow every reservation registrant a 1 time online change in dealer with all else remaining the same (i.e., place in line)? Hopefully this all gets resolved in the next 90 days. After all, our reservation contract is with Ford at this point, not with the dealer.

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Even the base has Co-Pilot360 as standard. There is more than one version of Co-pilot, if you go through the Ford info it shows what the higher level Co-pilot plus adds.
I would expect more clarification on what's included In the Big Bend Co-Pilot, I was torn between Big Bend and OBX, I would be very comfortable if there was some Co-Pilot features in BB, I can spend money on upgrading the Engine in that case.
Sponsored