Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What day of the week are you going into Zion? Was just there little over a month ago, went on a Wed and Thu, entered through the East entrance and found parking by the visitor center no problem. Glacier is on my bucket list. I'm jealous of your 2-dr. Have a great and safe trip.

Zion
Ford Bronco LAX to Glacier Park in Two Door Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 6.58.01 PM

Bryce Canyon
Ford Bronco LAX to Glacier Park in Two Door Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 6.58.52 PM
Sponsored

OP
OP
Blue's B6G

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a bronco on order there, can you tell me what the experience was like please?
Same deal as they promised, X-Plan. Eric is obviously cool and my salesman was professional and laid back. Worked out great. No trade, I brought my financing so it was fairly simple.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Haven’t figured that out yet. Probably bags of smaller items, propane tanks, tools, etc. The 83L isn’t large enough for our sleeping bag, unfortunately.
I should have just posted this as the bigger comparison of Zion and Canyonlands parks....

Canyonlands NP: (photo credit: me)

Ford Bronco LAX to Glacier Park in Two Door 178400804_10222758414283392_6365742211699278056_n

Ford Bronco LAX to Glacier Park in Two Door 179378247_10222765488580245_6571363962886511297_n

Ford Bronco LAX to Glacier Park in Two Door Colorado river overlook 2

And the best hike at Zion, Angels Landing (take a wild guess as to the modern interpretation of that path name)

https://www.downthetrail.com/exploring-utah/angels-landing-trail-guide-zion-deaths/

There is a longer series of switchbacks than this which takes up at least 50% of the entire hike. Here's the second set of switchbacks which is about 20% of the total hike: Look at all that fun!

Ford Bronco LAX to Glacier Park in Two Door 15fdbe4db64ddcaa4553cef6c2e9c86a--walter-obrien-angel-s[1]

And the actual Angels Landing portion is only the last 3-4% of the distance which is a deadly trail so narrow only 1 person at a time can occupy the "spine" of the hike, flanked by 900' shear drops on both sides.

Photo credit: Somebody who probably didn't die on this 2-way, 1-person wide trail of death hike, this is the absolute end of the hike, where you're all crammed in against shear cliffs. I think somebody had fun?:
Ford Bronco LAX to Glacier Park in Two Door joebraun_angelslanding10[1]

OP
OP
Blue's B6G

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What day of the week are you going into Zion? Was just there little over a month ago, went on a Wed and Thu, entered through the East entrance and found parking by the visitor center no problem. Glacier is on my bucket list. I'm jealous of your 2-dr. Have a great and safe trip.

Zion

Bryce Canyon
Thanks for the tip! Same here, Wednesday or Thursday. Wife has Zion on her bucket list so thanks for hopefully solving this one for us. We’re not staying overnight, so this should be perfect.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for the tip! Same here, Wednesday or Thursday. Wife has Zion on her bucket list so thanks for hopefully solving this one for us. We’re not staying overnight, so this should be perfect.
Bryce is amazing. The Fairylands Loop Trail hike in the Amphitheater is stunning. Easily the best non-vehicle portion of our entire 5-park, 3,500 mile round trip was the Fairylands hike.

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/utah/fairyland-loop-trail

Tip depending on your level of fitness:
  • If you go counterclockwise, there is about 3 miles of constant, downhill grade along one portion.

• If you want a tougher hike, go clockwise so it's a ~3 miles of constant uphill hiking.

We went counterclockwise and looked to be having a much more fun time of it than those who hadn't found that bit of advice. Plan on eating along the trail somewhere.

Sponsored

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same deal as they promised, X-Plan. Eric is obviously cool and my salesman was professional and laid back. Worked out great. No trade, I brought my financing so it was fairly simple.
right on and how much $ was saved having x plan? is it worth it to sign up for MCA?

OP
OP
Blue's B6G

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
right on and how much $ was saved having x plan? is it worth it to sign up for MCA?
About $1,700 saved on mine. Bought 100 Ford shares last year for $600 instead of going the MCA route. (y)

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sounds like a great trip, Im sure you will have an awesome time. I love roadtripping the west, even better in sweet Bronco.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Whitefish is a cool town but extremely expensive. It is also the only city in MT with a sales tax. More to do in Kalispell. Snow levels are dropping so don't be surprised if you encounter some frozen white stuff. Passes are no longer required for Road to the Sun.

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Zion is beautiful, too heavy traffic to truly enjoy it IMO.

Bryce is also beautiful, tons of traffic but more pull-outs and casual hiking.

Arches is crazy, heavy traffic the entire length of the park road.

Capitol Reef was probably my favorite, lots of cool hiking and trails through the canyons

Arrmjr

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord and Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I worked just outside Glacier about 32 years ago in a Whistle stop (literally) called Essex, and went into the park a lot that summer. A nice easy trail (walking, not wheeling) is the trail to Hidden Lake, from the Logan Pass Visitor Center.

OP
OP
Blue's B6G

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks, B6G, for the tips! OP has been updated.

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice post!

My humble hope is that soon, B6G will be mostly posts like this, how -to's, and classified ads.

Keep the updates coming!
Sponsored