Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sure yep just like all those roof switches in the A-10 cockpit ?

edit: by the way, anybody unfamiliar with the National Museum of the United States Air Force in Ohio, they have a virtual tour of the entire museum online, and 360 views inside many very cool planes.

https://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/Visit/Virtual-Tour/

http://www.nmusafvirtualtour.com/cockpits/CW_tour/CW-1.html
I’m glad someone let them know... :ROFLMAO:

Y’all try flying some heavies, they have bottoms on the ceiling!
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Used to live 2 miles from it. I built all the security fence around the whole base. And some semi truck stopping ornamental fence at the museum entrance. My sister also works there a couple of buildings away from where reingineered the roswell wreckage into thier attemped turbine flying saucer program. They got a Kennedy era air force once in the same hanger as the saucer prototypes. All the real interesting secret stuff is underground below the hill leading over to WSU. Buddy of mine put in a handrail under full combat armed guard at the top of a staircase in the subbasement under a building on the hill. He said it was above atleast a dozen flights of stairs. Wild place.

Broncosaur

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you take the top off,can you read that screen in full sun?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great points you make regarding window switches. However! I’d like to sprinkle in some more speculation. In the first image, notice that the door is blurred out and what’s in focus is the center stack.

From what I recall I remember seeing some drawing for a patent for the doors where the window switches were incorporated into the door bars. Essentially you’ll be removing the skin of the door and what’s left are the doors which retain all the controls.
Yup, I agree with you I wonder if the upper bar will be the armrest (and therefore where the switches would be).

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That looks to be a 56 wagon. I don't recall ever seeing a cup holder in one of those.
This one does. Hint: They are not wearing seatbelts. ;)

Superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
From the patent:
“, the armrest 26 supports a control panel 36 including a plurality of switches 38. The switches 38 control, for example, operation of the window and door locks. The control panel 36 may include other control features for controlling accessory items provided within the vehicle 10. Electrical interface 40 provides electrical communication of both power and control signals to electrical devices supported within the door assembly 24.”

Ford Bronco Leaked! 2021 Bronco Display Screen / Center Stack, 7 Speed Manual Transmission Crawler Gear, Off-Road Package 4991355C-3F15-4C98-9E1C-9AF4A3110A35

So, if it were done according to patent, the switches would be in the door armrest. But we all know a patent can just be pie in the sky and not actually implemented.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There you go.

That one doesn't seem as pie in the sky as some, though.

Though if that were the case, you'd have to have separate wiring plug ins for both the door bars and the door skins (you'd have to get power to the window motor somehow).

So in that sense, having a single plug, with the switches on the door panel on the door skin would make more sense perhaps?

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The owner must have gotten creative. The factory didn't offer that.
I can’t tell if you are joking. ?‍♂

It’s the kids! The kids are the cup holders. I remember being one.

Ford Bronco Leaked! 2021 Bronco Display Screen / Center Stack, 7 Speed Manual Transmission Crawler Gear, Off-Road Package 1590710487757

Superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There you go.

That one doesn't seem as pie in the sky as some, though.

Though if that were the case, you'd have to have separate wiring plug ins for both the door bars and the door skins (you'd have to get power to the window motor somehow).

So in that sense, having a single plug, with the switches on the door panel on the door skin would make more sense perhaps?
I think in the patent it makes it sound like there’s no plug, it makes contact just by putting the door panel on. Taking the door bars off completely though is probably still a plug (didn’t read about it in the patent).

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
He was talking about having the kids hold the drinks. Like I used to when i sat on the cooler between the seats in the the family van.
The owner must have gotten creative. The factory didn't offer that.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think in the patent it makes it sound like there’s no plug, it makes contact just by putting the door panel on. Taking the door bars off completely though is probably still a plug (didn’t read about it in the patent).
That'd be interesting.
Sponsored