First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I disagree. Why is a coyote with turbos any less reliable? It's more about the potential to go bigger that I don't like about the ecoboost. Honestly I would have been good with the 3.5ecoboost. Lots of aftermarket and also a stroker kit. 2.7 economist does not have the same power potential or aftermarket. People build and race trucks all the time.
Do you really have to ask why a boosted Coyote is less reliable than a stock engine? And the point is why do you REALLY need any more than 500hp in a damn truck? Hell, Ford is running the Baja with a stock 2.7... if they can do it, there's NO reason you would NEED a 1000hp boosted Coyote in the same platform

Again, this is a truck, not a drag car
Sponsored

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you really have to ask why a boosted Coyote is less reliable than a stock engine? And the point is why do you REALLY need any more than 500hp in a damn truck? Hell, Ford is running the Baja with a stock 2.7... if they can do it, there's NO reason you would NEED a 1000hp boosted Coyote in the same platform

The conversation was about potential power upgrades... Or at least the comment I replied to. He is talking about taking a boosted 6 cylinder and tuning it to have even more boost. How is that more reliable than boosting an NA engine? Any addition of power will affect longevity and reliability to some degree....
But my main point is the V8 has more power potential than an Ecoboost, I wasnt arguing anybody should or that I would. If there is a warranty, I keep my vehicle stock.
And to address your question of how much power we need/want in a truck, the HD diesels are 1000 lbs of torque and sell like hot cakes. We will also see a Ram TRX with the Hellcat engine soon which will really change how people view the amount of power they want in an offroad truck....

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If a coyote was shoehorned into the narrow engine bay of the bronco. Where exactly would you put the turbos? On top of the hood like madman and never drive it when it isnt sunny or downstream remote underneath the chassis where you will never be able to take it offroad unless you want em sucking in mud?

the 3.5 would've been nice but it too is a wide package fine in an f150 but the bronco/ranger chassis is narrow. If you put a v8 in there it will not have room for turbos. Except maybe the godzilla without being a cammer it is much narrower. But i dont really car for turbos on a v8 So im thinking a roots blower on top of a godzilla, with the HD version of the 7 speed ofcourse it will need rebuilt to handle the extra power Transfer case needs to be switched out though aswell so pull that know off the dash and put a atlas with a twin stick, the axles will never handle so im thinking dana 60s front and rear. All these modifcation would play hell with the computer so all that has to come out and get replaced by a standalone engine mangagement system.

So now that I have spent the price of a new bronco i must start to wonder should I have just bought 2 to double my HP the easy way?

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The conversation was about potential power upgrades... Or at least the comment I replied to. He is talking about taking a boosted 6 cylinder and tuning it to have even more boost. How is that more reliable than boosting an NA engine? Any addition of power will affect longevity and reliability to some degree....
But my main point is the V8 has more power potential than an Ecoboost, I wasnt arguing anybody should or that I would. If there is a warranty, I keep my vehicle stock.
And to address your question of how much power we need/want in a truck, the HD diesels are 1000 lbs of torque and sell like hot cakes. We will also see a Ram TRX with the Hellcat engine soon which will really change how people view the amount of power they want in an offroad truck....
I wonder how many Hellcat TRXs will have pancaked roofs from all the flip overs when the hit a tree stump at part throttle. We will never find the wreckage of the full throttle ones. Look at what rockbouncers and the icelandics do, they dont have 900 hp and they have intense cages.

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
[
I wonder how many Hellcat TRXs will have pancaked roofs from all the flip overs when the hit a tree stump at part throttle. We will never find the wreckage of the full throttle ones. Look at what rockbouncers and the icelandics do, they dont have 900 hp and they have intense cages.
A pretty negative Outlook. How many Dodge vipers get wrapped around telephone poles? How many Ducatis smashed into a bus? All I'm saying is if I had the cash I'd take my chances and I hope this TRX pushes the raptor back into V8 territory.... Including a future raptor bronco.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ducatis, vipers, mustangs, vettes, bugattis, ford gt's, and every production hellcat so far have one thing in common, level ground. It isnt hard to flip a toyota tercel if you take it offroad. Im just saying if you put 900 hp in a truck anyone can buy and tell them its designed to dominate offroad. Put in a cage then make em take a 3 week driving class to purchase it or wait to hear from their lawyers.

And yes HD diesels 1000 lbft of torque is really only useful as configured from the factory in flat towing on semi level ground. If you want to take take a new crew cab F350 4x4 desert running, bring spare parts. Mud or sand, bring a winch. Trail riding, a chainsaw.

If you put 500hp in this Bronco with out changing everything else about it including the chassis. If they ever use the power, its gonna break. Alot.

If you have the cash and want to take the chance, sweet! You will entertain myself and many others for your 23 seconds of a random youtube fail video that a eastern european dude made $15 compiling. But that is the kind of thing a manufacturer does not want to get involved with.

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm not asking Ford to give me a factory 1000hp vehicle (although the ram trx will be close to this). I want power potential in at least one engine option. Also, coyotes are a very reliable engine to supercharger or turbo charge. The bronco run in the Baja race did not complete the race, cooling issues, suspension problems, etc. It looked pretty bad on Ford honestly, underpowered racecar that failed.... Now, the 2.7 is a GREAT option for MOST buyers, I will not argue that. -BOR

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess my question is, what is the purpose of a 500 horsepower Bronco? Are you racing it, rock crawling, desert running? Because if you are going to be doing any sort of off-road driving you’re going to need basically one ton axles and all the necessary running gear to go along with that if you want it to survive. And even then if you’re rock crawling on 60’s running 500 HP you can easily break stuff. 300-400 horsepower will be perfect for the Bronco anything more is just going to break shit.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I guess my question is, what is the purpose of a 500 horsepower Bronco? Are you racing it, rock crawling, desert running? Because if you are going to be doing any sort of off-road driving you’re going to need basically one ton axles and all the necessary running gear to go along with that if you want it to survive. And even then if you’re rock crawling on 60’s running 500 HP you can easily break stuff. 300-400 horsepower will be perfect for the Bronco anything more is just going to break shit.
I think this is what they want the coyote(that wont fit) for lol.

I personally love this stuff and do it in my dreams every night. And used to do something similar(smaller scale) on a 20 ft riverbank hill with slop at the bottom. All i needed was a wheezy 258 I6 and 33 boggers. Never got more than 6 inches of air though.

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

[
A pretty negative Outlook. How many Dodge vipers get wrapped around telephone poles? How many Ducatis smashed into a bus? All I'm saying is if I had the cash I'd take my chances and I hope this TRX pushes the raptor back into V8 territory.... Including a future raptor bronco.
I'll take my former EB Raptor over the 6.2 all day every day, now if we can just get the 3.5 to try out in the boat.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Imagine the price equipped like that. I have a feeling many are going to be shocked when they see the price as Ford will build them will be much higher than they think.
For me, the 2.7 with about 335 HP will be fine going to The Home Depot.

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I mostly like the way it goes "vrooooooommmm!" Lol. Most of my driving will be on the street, headed to new and exciting places to explore. I'm not even really talking about 500hp, that is obtainable with the 2.7 eco (although running much hotter tunes on e85). I'm not sure why people are throwing rocks at those who would have preferred a v8 option, what's wrong with options? I want it just because, that is reason enough. Haha. I still have 100% faith that this will be one awesome rig. -BOR

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think this is what they want the coyote(that wont fit) for lol.

I personally love this stuff and do it in my dreams every night. And used to do something similar(smaller scale) on a 20 ft riverbank hill with slop at the bottom. All i needed was a wheezy 258 I6 and 33 boggers. Never got more than 6 inches of air though.
Oh man that's sweet! Not sure why everyone is hating on the coyote. It's only marginally heavier than the ecoboosts, with greater sound and potential. It's a fantastic motor. Again, I'm not even hating on the ecoboosts. The 5.0 will fit in the body of a ranger, which this is based on. -BOR

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why a V8 ...... for me, I prefer a N.A. Engine over a Turbo for the simplicity. Granted the N.A. has to be larger than the Turboed engine to make the same power.

Also if I Want Way High HP........ It's None of your Business as to Why I Want It. Just because it's not something that You Think isn't "needed", doesn't mean it's not something that I feel that I need.

Let me put it another way..... What If there were comments like "Nobody needs a Turbo!" or "Nobody needs tires larger than 33". " I'd bet that some of you who are saying that nobody needs a V8 and/or more than 500HP would be ...... Oh No! I need one or the other..... So.. You buy/aquire what works for you and let other buy/acquire what works for them.

Belittling someone for something that they want it just childish...

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Why a V8 ...... for me, I prefer a N.A. Engine over a Turbo for the simplicity. Granted the N.A. has to be larger than the Turboed engine to make the same power.

Also if I Want Way High HP........ It's None of your Business as to Why I Want It. Just because it's not something that You Think isn't "needed", doesn't mean it's not something that I feel that I need.

Let me put it another way..... What If there were comments like "Nobody needs a Turbo!" or "Nobody needs tires larger than 33". " I'd bet that some of you who are saying that nobody needs a V8 and/or more than 500HP would be ...... Oh No! I need one or the other..... So.. You buy/aquire what works for you and let other buy/acquire what works for them.

Belittling someone for something that they want it just childish...
I wouldn’t call Coyote architecture “simple” like chevy v8s or Godzilla though.
Sponsored