First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn’t call Coyote architecture “simple” like chevy v8s or Godzilla though.
I said V8 and didn't call out a specific one, but if I were to call one out, "for me", it would be the GODZILLA!!!!
Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I said V8 and didn't call out a specific one, but if I were to call one out, "for me", it would be the GODZILLA!!!!
I keep eyeing them up in F-250.I’m still waiting to test drive.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got a 1977 F250 2WD w/460BB. So I do have a good understanding of what a large displacement engine can do. ;)

.... and yes, I'm 99.999999% sure that FoMoCo will Not put a V8 in the production Bronco, but I have been mistaken before....

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If a coyote was shoehorned into the narrow engine bay of the bronco. Where exactly would you put the turbos? On top of the hood like madman and never drive it when it isnt sunny or downstream remote underneath the chassis where you will never be able to take it offroad unless you want em sucking in mud?

the 3.5 would've been nice but it too is a wide package fine in an f150 but the bronco/ranger chassis is narrow. If you put a v8 in there it will not have room for turbos. Except maybe the godzilla without being a cammer it is much narrower. But i dont really car for turbos on a v8 So im thinking a roots blower on top of a godzilla, with the HD version of the 7 speed ofcourse it will need rebuilt to handle the extra power Transfer case needs to be switched out though aswell so pull that know off the dash and put a atlas with a twin stick, the axles will never handle so im thinking dana 60s front and rear. All these modifcation would play hell with the computer so all that has to come out and get replaced by a standalone engine mangagement system.

So now that I have spent the price of a new bronco i must start to wonder should I have just bought 2 to double my HP the easy way?
at that point the computer work is very simple. if you replace everything in the drivetrain and power train with stuff off of an F-250, replace the computer and wiring harness with one off that same f-250.....

Now you have Bronco with an identity crisis.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why a V8 ...... for me, I prefer a N.A. Engine over a Turbo for the simplicity. Granted the N.A. has to be larger than the Turboed engine to make the same power.

Also if I Want Way High HP........ It's None of your Business as to Why I Want It. Just because it's not something that You Think isn't "needed", doesn't mean it's not something that I feel that I need.

Let me put it another way..... What If there were comments like "Nobody needs a Turbo!" or "Nobody needs tires larger than 33". " I'd bet that some of you who are saying that nobody needs a V8 and/or more than 500HP would be ...... Oh No! I need one or the other..... So.. You buy/aquire what works for you and let other buy/acquire what works for them.

Belittling someone for something that they want it just childish...
Yeah my point was more along the lines of what ford would, could, may, or will do. Ive always wanted a supercharged allison v12 in the back of a van with a little fwd motor powering the front wheels so i can suprise people on the street when a rust van blows the doors off of everything.

But that doesnt have anything to do with the fact that i dont expect Ford or even want them(for their financial sake and well being) to put over 2000 hp in the next transit connect. And begging for it, saying its a dealbreaker and i wont buy their products that ive been salivating on a forum for months doesnt really give Ford much respect.

As for simplicity the coyote is not, the godzilla is marginally and it can mate to a version of our 7 speed. So buy a bronco 4 cyl, andhave fun with it while you wait for a wrecked f250 to show up, swip swap. Put that old 4 cyl in a old pinto. Everybody happy!

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
since The Bronco likely isn’t getting the coyote and will get the 2.7 Ecoboost, we will just have to deal with it and while we’re crying that we didn’t get the coyote, we‘re doing stage 3 mods on the 2.7 Ecoboost Bronco and it’s making 500whp and running 11s lol.... I really think the V8 purists aren’t seeing the potential of the 2.7 Ecoboost. Read up on some of these modified F150s. I get that there’s no replacement for displacement but factory turbo cars are easy to get a lot more power for less $$.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
since The Bronco likely isn’t getting the coyote and will get the 2.7 Ecoboost, we will just have to deal with it and while we’re crying that we didn’t get the coyote, we‘re doing stage 3 mods on the 2.7 Ecoboost Bronco and it’s making 500whp and running 11s lol.... I really think the V8 purists aren’t seeing the potential of the 2.7 Ecoboost. Read up on some of these modified F150s. I get that there’s no replacement for displacement but factory turbo cars are easy to get a lot more power for less $$.
we do see the potential of the 2.7.

However, when you throw the same amount of effort into the 5.0, you get 1100 horsepower. hell, you can get the coyote up to 750 horsepower with the factory warranty still intact. that 2.7 at 500 hp, that warranty is long gone.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m going to have a controversial opinion right now: the coyote in truck form isn’t even that good. My buddy had an F-150 coyote and it was perfectly fine but not really an amazing power plant or anything. Just not a whole lot of character. Now with a mustang cam/heads etc yes it’s a whole different beast. But to me personally if I was going to have a V8 in my bronco I’d want a Godzilla and we all know that’s not going to happen.

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m going to have a controversial opinion right now: the coyote in truck form isn’t even that good. My buddy had an F-150 coyote and it was perfectly fine but not really an amazing power plant or anything. Just not a whole lot of character. Now with a mustang cam/heads etc yes it’s a whole different beast. But to me personally if I was going to have a V8 in my bronco I’d want a Godzilla and we all know that’s not going to happen.
Yeah, the tuning on the truck (and possibly the camshaft ?) Is quite a bit different than the Mustang. I think the F150 coyote is up to 390 hp now whereas the Bullitt Mustang stepped up to 460 and the truck more tuned for low/midrange whereas the Mustang is rev happy.

If I were buying a brand new F-150 I would go 5.0 but won't be displeased by a 2.7 in the Bronco assuming I can get it with the 7 speed.

Also, to those comparing a turbocharged/supercharged 5.0 of course you will make more power but a tuner is about $600 and 10-20 minutes to load the tune whereas you're looking at $3,000+ and either time or install costs for forced induction on the 5.0.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

For the Gen 3 coyote's, there aren't many differences between the F-150 and Mustang. The firing order is different along with the intake manifold. The stock F-150 tune is conservative also. Minimal mods have the F-150 making great power.

The 2.7 with minimal mods will be a monster. I'm excited for it.

Sponsored

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm not talking down on the Ecoboost, im still fine with the 2.7 or even the 2.3. but given the option, I would prefer a V8. Not a deal breaker.... Not even a disappointed. Just a preference. I'm sure I'll be happy with what we get.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Time for a Bronco Big Daddy Ed Roth edition:

Ford Bronco Leaked! 2021 Bronco Display Screen / Center Stack, 7 Speed Manual Transmission Crawler Gear, Off-Road Package Rat-Fink-Built-for-Speed-Big-Daddy-Ed
Hmm now im thinking twin godzillas. My dad and his cousin tied two 440s together with a big ass chain and ran em on alcohol for tractor pulling...... where should we put the second motor? Maybe on top of the 1st? 2 supercharged godzillas maybe 1400 hp?

Simmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All American
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like how flush and integrated into the dash the screen is looking... and so glad it's not a floating screen like in the Bronco Sport.

bronco_sport_interior_001-jpg.jpg

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I like how flush and integrated into the dash the screen is looking... and so glad it's not a floating screen like in the Bronco Sport.

Ford Bronco Leaked! 2021 Bronco Display Screen / Center Stack, 7 Speed Manual Transmission Crawler Gear, Off-Road Package bronco_sport_interior_001-
this gauge cluster looks cheap as well.
Sponsored