securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Can you overthink this just a little more?
Sure I can, I just thought I was being pedantic enough.

You may be that careful, but that's far from representing the average person.
It's not that I'm that careful, really. I'm just not glued to my phone screen like the average person is. You're less prone to dropping it, slinging food or water on it, or what have you when you're not using it all the time.

Ask any phone store how many come in for screen replacement. It's a big business.
I used to work in a PC repair shop. We didn't do phones, but we had more than a few people come in asking if we did. I'm aware.

Some can't put their phone down long enough to eat and have food all over it.
I'm not even remotely surprised by that. I still pocket my phone while I eat, though, because I focus on the thing I'm doing, and when I'm eating, I'm focused on eating.

Ever wonder how many fall into the toilet?
I took that call when I was working in a call center. Lady called in asking if her warranty covered water damage. That was a customer service question, not a tech question, so I told her I didn't know, but I could get her to customer service. Asked what happened to the phone so I could relay the info during the warm transfer, she said she dropped the phone in the toilet and then started laughing. The CS agent that I transferred the call to laughed as well.

Try walking today in Phoenix and see if your phone works while safely in your pocket, it may not.
Pass. It's hot enough here in Oklahoma, and we haven't even really hit our normal summer temperatures yet.

I have experienced my phone doing some pretty bizarre things when it's in my pocket while I'm cutting brush, firewood, or the grass, though. Get a good sweat going through your pocket, and your phone screen can't always tell the difference between that and input from your finger. I've had phones take screenshots, close my music app, open a different music app and start playing something from it, open random apps for no reason, and bring up random webpages.

But the important thing is that if I have to take the screen out of my new Bronco and put it in my pocket to protect it, I'm going to be disappointed...
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You seem to know a lot about this issue. Maybe you could do a J. D. North7 chip rating for all of us once more Bronco info becomes available.
I could but the memory chip part numbers may be hard to come by as I don't think that is typically public information. It would take an insider, possibly at the supplier, to get a parts list, BOM or schematic in order to get the memory chip part numbers in the touch screen control electronics, electronic control units (ECUs), etc.

Of course if someone finds a wrecked Bronco, screwdriver and putty knife, dig in and find the parts numbers and we are good to go.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sure I can, I just thought I was being pedantic enough.

It's not that I'm that careful, really. I'm just not glued to my phone screen like the average person is. You're less prone to dropping it, slinging food or water on it, or what have you when you're not using it all the time.

I used to work in a PC repair shop. We didn't do phones, but we had more than a few people come in asking if we did. I'm aware.

I'm not even remotely surprised by that. I still pocket my phone while I eat, though, because I focus on the thing I'm doing, and when I'm eating, I'm focused on eating.

I took that call when I was working in a call center. Lady called in asking if her warranty covered water damage. That was a customer service question, not a tech question, so I told her I didn't know, but I could get her to customer service. Asked what happened to the phone so I could relay the info during the warm transfer, she said she dropped the phone in the toilet and then started laughing. The CS agent that I transferred the call to laughed as well.

Pass. It's hot enough here in Oklahoma, and we haven't even really hit our normal summer temperatures yet.

I have experienced my phone doing some pretty bizarre things when it's in my pocket while I'm cutting brush, firewood, or the grass, though. Get a good sweat going through your pocket, and your phone screen can't always tell the difference between that and input from your finger. I've had phones take screenshots, close my music app, open a different music app and start playing something from it, open random apps for no reason, and bring up random webpages.

But the important thing is that if I have to take the screen out of my new Bronco and put it in my pocket to protect it, I'm going to be disappointed...
Another words I'm right.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond