Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Seriously hoping the bronco has metal bumpers from the factory instead of plastic
Probably on higher trims or part of a package. Quite possible to get at the dealer. I don't see much talk on what people are expecting to see for options and accessories at the dealer. This is where Ford seems to be hoping to make some profits. In the showroom excitement, I can see many customers dropping an extra $5-10k because it only ads a "little" to the payment.

Escape_Artist

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably on higher trims or part of a package. Quite possible to get at the dealer. I don't see much talk on what people are expecting to see for options and accessories at the dealer. This is where Ford seems to be hoping to make some profits. In the showroom excitement, I can see many customers dropping an extra $5-10k because it only ads a "little" to the payment.
I remember seeing a thread where Ford plans on have 100ā€™s?? Of accessories for the Bronco available at the dealer.

edit: here it is

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...es-parts-planned-for-2021-bronco-launch.1092/

tacowolf

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hennessey Velociraptor 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does anyone know where the window buttons will be? I donā€™t see them on the center console like Jeep. Maybe up top where the aux switches are? I assume the doors will be able to come off based on what weā€™ve seen

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Does anyone know where the window buttons will be? I donā€™t see them on the center console like Jeep. Maybe up top where the aux switches are? I assume the doors will be able to come off based on what weā€™ve seen
Hopefully on the doors. I never understood Jeepā€™s philosophy on putting them in the cabin... if the doors are off, why the hell do you still need window controls?

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hopefully on the doors. I never understood Jeepā€™s philosophy on putting them in the cabin... if the doors are off, why the hell do you still need window controls?
Actually saw an interesting point that changed my mind on this. Itā€™s for if you have the front doors off and rears on for kids you can still control the rear windows.

Also makes the door lighter weight.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Actually saw an interesting point that changed my mind on this. Itā€™s for if you have the front doors off and rears on for kids you can still control the rear windows.

yeah, I Was just thinking this earlier and came to the same conclusion, in case fronts are are off and rears are on. Maybe for those of us planning on a 2door they'll just put it in the door for that model.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

And you donā€™t have all the wires for all four doors running through a detachable connection into the driverā€™s door.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Actually saw an interesting point that changed my mind on this. Itā€™s for if you have the front doors off and rears on for kids you can still control the rear windows
I guess this makes sense, Iā€™ve just never seen a Jeep with only SOME doors removed. Most I see with kids just get cage doors instead of just leave the doors on when the kids are in the car

[/QUOTE]
And you donā€™t have all the wires for all four doors running through a detachable connection into the driverā€™s door.
This point is moot. Youā€™re going to have wires for all 4 doors regardless... the window motor needs power, door speakers need power, locks need power, etc.

BigAl

Base
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think they will be within the tube door structure (assuming some parts of the tube structure will be exposed within the vehicle). So if the front door shells are off there will still be window controls in the vehicle

Also, then you would only need to disconnect the wiring if you're removing the tube doors as well as the shells

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape '09 Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a (possibly) dumb question. If the Bronco has a super low range gear, does this negate a need for a 4-LOW transfer case? Maybe even just an AWD system and can get into 4LO with just your gearing?
Maybe not. I had 4Low and a granny gear 4spd manual on my W250 Dodge Power Wagon: 4000 rpm at 6mph! but it would climb walls at idle.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This point is moot. Youā€™re going to have wires for all 4 doors regardless... the window motor needs power, door speakers need power, locks need power, etc.
My point is this:
On the JK, there is a ten pin connector. I am guessing three are window power. Two seem to be blank. Maybe the rest are locks (two power in, and three controls out).
Ford Bronco Leaked! 2021 Bronco Display Screen / Center Stack, 7 Speed Manual Transmission Crawler Gear, Off-Road Package 52B017AA-F3A7-4E8D-909E-BE0EC403290B

If you had controls for all four windows on the driver door, you would eliminate the three wires for driver window control (they would be contained within the door), but add 3 x three wires out for the other three doors, and possibly another power wire pair (because door locks are powered with the ignition off, but windows are powered at least in ACC).

So your ten pin plug, becomes a sixteen pin plug.

AND you canā€™t control the rear two windows with the front doors off.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape '09 Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Maybe not a Deal Breaker, maybe just a Deal Delayer.
Bronco Pickup
I'm not getting any younger. I have been thinking that for my use, a 6 ft bed would be better suited like a Ranger Supercab. I don't need a lot of enclosed interior space, and I'd like to be able to carry my bike to trails and National & State Parks that are 2-4 days away, rather than ride all the way there, beat myself up on single track trails, then ride home.
So if the Bronco pickup is only available as a ~4ft box on the same 112"wb as the 4dr Bronco, and/ or only available as a $50K variation of a Raptor model, I'll get a Ranger. Dealbreaker corollaries: If the PU never comes out or won't until calendar year 2023, or,

Navistar blows up the market with the return of a V8 Scout.
Ford Bronco Leaked! 2021 Bronco Display Screen / Center Stack, 7 Speed Manual Transmission Crawler Gear, Off-Road Package cheese

2gre8taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My point is this:
On the JK, there is a ten pin connector. I am guessing three are window power. Two seem to be blank. Maybe the rest are locks (two power in, and three controls out).
Ford Bronco Leaked! 2021 Bronco Display Screen / Center Stack, 7 Speed Manual Transmission Crawler Gear, Off-Road Package cheese

If you had controls for all four windows on the driver door, you would eliminate the three wires for driver window control (they would be contained within the door), but add 3 x three wires out for the other three doors, and possibly another power wire pair (because door locks are powered with the ignition off, but windows are powered at least in ACC).

So your ten pin plug, becomes a sixteen pin plug.

AND you canā€™t control the rear two windows with the front doors off.
Plus you save $.03/unit because you can use 4 switches that both driver and passenger can get to instead of 5 if driver gets 4 passenger 1. It may seem silly, but when you plan to make over 1 million units, .03/unit adds up.

They used to do that with dodge neons, and it wasn't so you could rally with the doors off.
Sponsored