Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

One thing to point out, though, is that Wrangler has the switches up on the dash itself dead center, and we can see now that this approach is NOT happening on Bronco, as the screen and radio/HVAC controls are all that are on the center stack.

This would mean the only non-door position option for the window switches would be on the lower center console area, and we've seen the gear shifter and terrain selector knobs are there.

There are only three lower console areas I see being possible, and I don't think they're happening:

1) The area immediately right of the terrain knob - seems plausible, as it's a "clear" area with nothing to reach around; however, cupholders usually take up the space to the right of the shifter/terrain selector.
2) The area right below the HVAC controls. there looks to be an empty space there; however that seems like an inconvenient space to put them as you'd have to reach around the shifter, and that's usually the space for a good size storage bin (with or without a cover).
3) The area to the right of the shifter - similar to #1, it's a relatively clear area, but cupholders normally go here - they could do something a bit different for Ford and put the cuholders right in front of the HVAC controls, parallel to the dash (left by right)/perpendicular to the shifter, leaving the space to the right of the shifter open for switches. However, this goes against the typical Ford cupholder/shifter layout, and seems like it'd be a lot of wasted space.

With those areas being the only options, I think we'll see them on the door panels, whether part of the door skin panels or the parts that stay attached.

On a side note, I wonder if it'll have memory seats - that's also usually on the door panel.

Pictures for reference:

Ford Bronco Leaked! 2021 Bronco Display Screen / Center Stack, 7 Speed Manual Transmission Crawler Gear, Off-Road Package 1590686647506

Ford Bronco Leaked! 2021 Bronco Display Screen / Center Stack, 7 Speed Manual Transmission Crawler Gear, Off-Road Package 1590686668722
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
All I know is I can’t wait to use the flippy switches on the roof. Going to feel like an A-10 pilot in my warthog bronco

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All I know is I can’t wait to use the flippy switches on the roof. Going to feel like an A-10 pilot in my warthog bronco
Man, every time I see them, I think this.

I'm not a light bar kind of guy, but I'll be damned if I don't wire SOMETHING to them.

*flick flick flick*
"THIS IS BRONCO FIVE STANDING BY FOR MILK RUN"
*flick flick*
"ENGAGE"

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Man, every time I see them, I think this.

I'm not a light bar kind of guy, but I'll be damned if I don't wire SOMETHING to them.

*flick flick flick*
"THIS IS BRONCO FIVE STANDING BY FOR MILK RUN"
*flick flick*
"ENGAGE"
I have never been a light bar person but the amount of left lane campers in Phoenix and especially driving up north is making me rethink that. Since flashing your headlights and honking hardly seems to work I’m curious if 4000 lumens of harbor freight would....

(driving home from up north this past weekend we all got stuck behind 2 people pacing each other in the left and right lane going 5 under. I sat behind the left lane person for a solid minute flashing my brights and honking until she moved over. As soon as I passed she moved right back. Unbelievable)

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sure yep just like all those roof switches in the A-10 cockpit ?

edit: by the way, anybody unfamiliar with the National Museum of the United States Air Force in Ohio, they have a virtual tour of the entire museum online, and 360 views inside many very cool planes.

https://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/Visit/Virtual-Tour/

http://www.nmusafvirtualtour.com/cockpits/CW_tour/CW-1.html

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One thing to point out, though, is that Wrangler has the switches up on the dash itself dead center, and we can see now that this approach is NOT happening on Bronco, as the screen and radio/HVAC controls are all that are on the center stack.

This would mean the only non-door position option for the window switches would be on the lower center console area, and we've seen the gear shifter and terrain selector knobs are there.

There are only three lower console areas I see being possible, and I don't think they're happening:

1) The area immediately right of the terrain knob - seems plausible, as it's a "clear" area with nothing to reach around; however, cupholders usually take up the space to the right of the shifter/terrain selector.
2) The area right below the HVAC controls. there looks to be an empty space there; however that seems like an inconvenient space to put them as you'd have to reach around the shifter, and that's usually the space for a good size storage bin (with or without a cover).
3) The area to the right of the shifter - similar to #1, it's a relatively clear area, but cupholders normally go here - they could do something a bit different for Ford and put the cuholders right in front of the HVAC controls, parallel to the dash (left by right)/perpendicular to the shifter, leaving the space to the right of the shifter open for switches. However, this goes against the typical Ford cupholder/shifter layout, and seems like it'd be a lot of wasted space.

With those areas being the only options, I think we'll see them on the door panels, whether part of the door skin panels or the parts that stay attached.

On a side note, I wonder if it'll have memory seats - that's also usually on the door panel.

Pictures for reference:

Ford Bronco Leaked! 2021 Bronco Display Screen / Center Stack, 7 Speed Manual Transmission Crawler Gear, Off-Road Package 1590697173530

Ford Bronco Leaked! 2021 Bronco Display Screen / Center Stack, 7 Speed Manual Transmission Crawler Gear, Off-Road Package 1590697173530
Some cars in the old days put them on the console.
Ford Bronco Leaked! 2021 Bronco Display Screen / Center Stack, 7 Speed Manual Transmission Crawler Gear, Off-Road Package 300

LorenzeTorres

Badlands
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/ 2002 BMW M3/ 2016 BMW M2/ 2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fellas, you know you can get the satisfaction of a light bar with all the retro looks.

A little pricey but output is great, wind noise is actually non-existent, and c’mon modern tech in old school KC packaging. You can’t go wrong.

Also wired up to a missile launcher style switch to satisfy my inner 10 year old

Attachments

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't want them in the center console. That's where I need three Big Gulps. Not one or two, but THREE.
In those days, there was no such thing as a cup holder.

LorenzeTorres

Badlands
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/ 2002 BMW M3/ 2016 BMW M2/ 2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Pictures for reference:

Ford Bronco Leaked! 2021 Bronco Display Screen / Center Stack, 7 Speed Manual Transmission Crawler Gear, Off-Road Package 300

Great points you make regarding window switches. However! I’d like to sprinkle in some more speculation. In the first image, notice that the door is blurred out and what’s in focus is the center stack.

From what I recall I remember seeing some drawing for a patent for the doors where the window switches were incorporated into the door bars. Essentially you’ll be removing the skin of the door and what’s left are the doors which retain all the controls.
Sponsored