Sponsored

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford Bronco Leaked! 2021 Bronco Display Screen / Center Stack, 7 Speed Manual Transmission Crawler Gear, Off-Road Package 2021-bronco-display screen

Source: TFLtruck

2021 Ford Bronco Update: Infotainment System LEAKED, 7-Speed Manual Transmission Confirmed And More!

May 26, 2020

This infotainment screen is bespoke from Ford’s we’ve seen so far.

We’ve gone nearly three months since our last piece of 2021 Ford Bronco news, so here’s another update. We’re supposedly weeks (or maybe even less) away from finally seeing the production version, but we received this photo showing what is most likely the new Bronco’s center stack. Beyond that, though, the source (who will remain nameless for the sake of this discussion) gave a few more nuggets of wisdom on what we can expect from Ford’s resurrected Wrangler-fighter.

Starting with the center stack, we’re greeted with a large infotainment screen that looks like it measures roughly 12 or 13 inches diagonally. That would put it in the same league as the new Ford F-150, whose interior was spied back in April. Beyond that, the switch layout looks virtually identical to the F-150, which makes sense from a parts-sharing perspective. The bezel surrounding the infotainment screen is notably different here, however, as are some of the switches.

Our source did provide a clear enough image to make out some of the options you’ll get with the 2021 Ford Bronco by way of the buttons on the center stack. Immediately below the infotainment display (showing what is most likely Ford’s SYNC 4 system), there are buttons for a 360-degree camera system, automatic stop/start and a button to disable the parking sensors. Dual-zone climate control also makes an appearance, as does heated seats. However, ventilated seat buttons aren’t here as they were on the F-150. There does appear to be some blank space on either side for a button, so it may just not be an option on this trim level.

A 7-speed manual is happening, but it’s not quite what you think

We’ve reported several times in the past on rumors that the 2021 Ford Bronco would have a seven-speed manual transmission. Our source corroborated that rumor and said it is indeed happening, but it may not be what you originally thought. We naturally assumed the seven-speed meant seven forward gears for everyday driving — an arrangement like the Tremec gearbox used in the C7 Chevy Corvette.

Instead, we’ve gotten word that only six of those seven gears are meant for highway driving. If what we’ve been told is true, the seventh gear will strictly be a crawler gear for low-speed driving. So, we could see something like a dog-leg “granny gear” that’s down and to the left of first gear, followed by a normal set of six forward gears as is more conventional in row-your-own configurations these days. Some manufacturers marked that gear with an “L” in the old days, so we may see that and 1 – 6 for the normal gears. What’s more, if this is true Ford may engineer a lockout mechanism that prevents you from going into Low gear unless you’re in four-wheel drive and have the transfer case in low-range.

Again, take this information with a grain of salt. While our source says they have seen this with their own eyes, we don’t have any information on exactly how the manual transmission works beyond strictly knowing that it’s coming to the new Bronco.

Two versions of the Bronco (off-road and street)

This last piece of information more or less matches what we expected, in that we will see two distinct versions of the 2021 Ford Bronco. Our source says that Ford plans at least two tire packages with different widths. One will be a 285-millimeter setup, while the other will be a narrower 255-millimeter arrangement.

The larger, 285-width tires suggest an off-road package — either an FX4 package or a trim level that exclusively ships with beefier tires. The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon also uses 285-millimeter tires, mounted on 17-inch wheels. The smaller tires are most likely for the street-biased trims, as the Wrangler Sahara also uses 255-millimeter tires, this time mounted on larger 18-inch wheels.

As for the exact tires Ford will use on these versions of the Bronco, there’s no word yet. The 2021 Ford Bronco with an FX4 package (or some sort of trim equivalent) could likely use Goodyear Wrangler or Wranger Duratrac all-terrain tires. BFGoodrich all-terrain or mud-terrain tires aren’t out of the question either, as they’re also used frequently on off-road trucks and SUVs.

I enhanced the dark spots for a better look at the trim and design.

Ford Bronco Leaked! 2021 Bronco Display Screen / Center Stack, 7 Speed Manual Transmission Crawler Gear, Off-Road Package 2021-ford-bronco-display screen
Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Actually it does.

This indicates that the one in the earlier spy shots in your post were of a lower trim model with a smaller screen. Notice the thick border around the edge of the screen in the earlier photos? And notice the vertical vents to the left and right of the screen, with a cutout for the right vent and a taper back to a flat panel under the left vent. That can be seen in both images.

The one in this thread must be a top trim with a larger screen. You can visualize this bigger screen being inside that bezel/border.

I remember at the time speculating that was a lower trim, as it had what look like analog gauges instead of the full digital cluster.

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

TFL is usually pretty accurate I think it's safe to say the 7 speed is a for sure thing. I always figured it was gonna be a crawler gear plus 6 "road" gears. It looks like the infotainment and center stack controls will be very similar to the new F-150.

Evanm14

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5, Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've seen that same exact shifter in the company Cmax I use for work.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do like real buttons.

This seems good news interior wise so far. I like that center stack, and on the article, I like the idea of a granny gear.

Sponsored

Jeka

First Name
Jeka
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Don’t see a heated steering wheel button, hope they don’t use F-150 approach where you need to dig into touch screen menus to get there. Expedition has a physical button, why not take it?

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Don’t see a heated steering wheel button, hope they don’t use F-150 approach where you need to dig into touch screen menus to get there. Expedition has a physical button, why not take it?
The new F-150 has a button for the heated steering wheel to the left of the drivers' heated seat button. With them using the same switchgear, I'm sure it'll be the same setup in Bronco. We're just likely seeing a model without whatever "climate" option box it is to get the cooled seats/heated wheel.

Ford Bronco Leaked! 2021 Bronco Display Screen / Center Stack, 7 Speed Manual Transmission Crawler Gear, Off-Road Package 1590528451852

Ford Bronco Leaked! 2021 Bronco Display Screen / Center Stack, 7 Speed Manual Transmission Crawler Gear, Off-Road Package 1590528655260

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Man, I read the title "7 speed automatic" and read " it is indeed happening, but it may not be what you originally thought" and my heart skipped a beat because I thought they were trying to call a DCT a manual and that we weren't getting any REAL manual... phew
Sponsored