Advertisement

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 Tremor, 1999 Mercury Grand Marquis
There is also a claim floating out there the reasoning why generally European cars place them on the passenger side ( or both sides for some British cars) . The idea behind this was for safe refueling on the side of the road if the car had an out of gas situation. If you look at Ford's products that originated here, they usually are on the left ( F-150, Bronco) . However, If you look at the Ford cars that were adapted from Europe or are a staple in the Euro market, the tank is on the Right. I guess we will never know.
15105307.jpg

Advertisement

Top Mach

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1, 2003 Chrysler T&C on its last leg, 2020 Ford Explorer
Vehicle Showcase
There is also a claim floating out there the reasoning why generally European cars place them on the passenger side ( or both sides for some British cars) . The idea behind this was for safe refueling on the side of the road if the car had an out of gas situation. If you look at Ford's products that originated here, they usually are on the left ( F-150, Bronco) . However, If you look at the Ford cars that were adapted from Europe or are a staple in the Euro market, the tank is on the Right. I guess we will never know.
15105307.jpg
You would think it would be more cost effective and convenient to design a better fuel gauge

Toccoa

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Sometimes I think it’s just a matter of philosophy. Honda believed that it was better to put their fuel door on the passenger side of the car. Of course, when they imported them to the US, that became the drivers side and people here gave them credit for doing it. Even though, their original intention was to do the opposite.

5.0Maverick

Base
First Name
Todd
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 maverick.
They look similar to me:

B vs J windows.png
The rear window is shallower because the body lines dip on the doors, the tops also don’t have the windows coming out of the body like the doors. They’re fixed in a “frame” into the top itself.

Aragonite

First Edition
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Ranger 4x4, 1988 Toyota Pickup Xtra Cab 4x4
I didn't dig through all 15 pages so not sure if someone shared this version, but the countdown timer on the Ford website has a higher quality image.

Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 12.29.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 12.31.31 PM.png

North7

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Common core math
If your offering, please rescale with your common core math.

Hopefully your distribution errors will be less then the Parallax Distortion that affected my measurements.

Last edited:

Advertisement

Advertisement