Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Quite sure I'm off by a mile here, but could the Bronco's fall into the size's of the Escape, and Edge? I wouldn't think Ford would want to built one the size of the Explorer. They may not want the Bronco to compete with the Explorer. But, then again what do I know? :)
Ford Bronco Leaked Image Shows 2020 Ford Bronco Silhouette Behind the Baby Bronco 2021 Ford Bronco 4 Door Leak Image 2
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So this is definitely the "Baby" Bronco but the silhouette/shadow looks like the EB to me and less like 2020 Bronco. The back tailgate window is more straight down then the covered silhouette and the front end looks tapered with a small gap before the bumper. Plus the rear mounted tire looks quite skinny. Im pretty sure that shadow is the EB. I think the new 2020 Bronco is going to be a bit bigger then that.
That's what I thought too. If you own an EB, you see the slope of the the front of fenders and a hood scoop like this Boss Bronco

https://www.fordmuscle.com/news/lost-69-boss-bronco-prototype-found-after-49-years/

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quite sure I'm off by a mile here, but could the Bronco's fall into the size's of the Escape, and Edge? I wouldn't think Ford would want to built one the size of the Explorer. They may not want the Bronco to compete with the Explorer. But, then again what do I know? :)
Well now that I think of it, they did say it was going to be bigger then a Bronco 2 but smaller then the original. That's pretty small and even a little surprising. I'm sure if they make a four door it might be as long as an actual Ranger but the two door sounds like it will definitely be around the size of an Edge or Escape. Just more ground clearance of course.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well now that I think of it, they did say it was going to be bigger then a Bronco 2 but smaller then the original. That's pretty small and even a little surprising. ...
If I remember the original quote, it was along the lines of "between the size of the first generation and the second generation Bronco", there was no mention of the "Bronco II", but Iv'e read a couple articles that made that accidental interpretation as well. The range of numbers is extremely vague, considering that the original was 68.5" wide and the second gen was a full size at 79.3" wide, which makes the original quote a deflection of the interview question (ie "somewhere between small and big"). Being similar in width to the T6 ranger makes the most sense, as they share a chassis, albeit probably shortened for the Bronco in much the same way that the Troller T4 rides on a shortened Ranger T6 chassis.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... The back tailgate window is more straight down then the covered silhouette and the front end looks tapered with a small gap before the bumper. ...
I noticed the angle changes on the front and rear windows as well, but they essentially admitted that the thing under the sheet was made of clay or some similar modeling material, not even close to a pre-production vehicle. I'm interpreting that move as just a hint at a general shape they were inclined toward, and to get feedback/response from the public.

Personally, and from everything I've read/watched the response to a very retro simple blocky design was very positive. I'm anticipating something that clearly hearkens to the design elements of the first generation.

I almost expect Ford to drop a little something at the LA auto show just to steal some attention away from Jeep and their truck debut. I even think this whole "accidental" posting of some photos was done entirely on purpose by the Ford marketing team.

Sponsored

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I remember the original quote, it was along the lines of "between the size of the first generation and the second generation Bronco", there was no mention of the "Bronco II", but Iv'e read a couple articles that made that accidental interpretation as well. The range of numbers is extremely vague, considering that the original was 68.5" wide and the second gen was a full size at 79.3" wide, which makes the original quote a deflection of the interview question (ie "somewhere between small and big"). Being similar in width to the T6 ranger makes the most sense, as they share a chassis, albeit probably shortened for the Bronco in much the same way that the Troller T4 rides on a shortened Ranger T6 chassis.
You're right. Upon further investigation it looks like Raj Nair said the size would be in between the EB and the late big Broncos size. That makes more sense. Also, member 99Discovery, made a great video deciphering the dimensions and angles based off the clay tarp covered teaser. Showing it to be about 170" long and 72" high which would make it about 20" longer then the EB and about the same height. That seems much more like it.

I noticed the angle changes on the front and rear windows as well, but they essentially admitted that the thing under the sheet was made of clay or some similar modeling material, not even close to a pre-production vehicle. I'm interpreting that move as just a hint at a general shape they were inclined toward, and to get feedback/response from the public.
Interesting, I didn't hear that it was just clay. Hopefully it is very similar to that clay model as I really like that look and size. The Baby Bronco was exactly as shown but of course that was already in it's late stage of development. Here's hoping we get more of teaser that's for real at the LA show.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 2-doors might inspire most of the cachet that these offroaders develop, making people think of "go anywhere" capability, but it will be the 4-doors that make the money. The latest statements out of Jeep are that the Unlimited outsells the 2-door by 4:1 -- I expect something similar from the Bronco.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Marginally larger than the original 60's bronco (68.5" wide, 92" wheelbase for 2-door), ford has said this would be the case, and hopefully a little slimmer than the T6 Ranger it shares a chassis with (72.8"wide, ballooning to almost 86" birthing hips on the Ranger Raptor for what that's worth).

It should be fairly close to the Wrangler and 4Runner in dimensions, unsurprisingly, those are its main competitors.

Just to add my 1/2 cent.
When this whole Bronco6G started, the uproar was all about "make it just a bit bigger than the Jeeps..... about the size of an EB would be just right... it needs to be agile on the trail"
Eventually , I made a little chart showing that the current Jeep was already larger than the original Bronco.
Admin "liked" the comment, so take that however you like, but they cannot make it larger than the current Jeep but yet still be smaller than the original Bronco, physics and stuff, ya know.
I'll see if I can find that old post and cross link it.

Edit: found it

What the intended goal seems to be is a Jeep killer, much like the 1G Bronos were, slightly bigger, very utilitarian in their base form. I'm not certain they can get much bigger than the Wranglers though. Per very little research, the Wrangler is already bigger than the 1G Bronco.
So who knows, it's all speculation at this point.
--

------------1976 Bronco------------- 2016 Wranglers
Length --------152.1"---------------- 164" or 184"

Width------------69.1"----------------------74"

Height -----------71.2"--------------------- 73"

Last edited:

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I
--

------------1976 Bronco------------- 2016 Wranglers
Length --------152.1"---------------- 164" or 184"

Width------------69.1"----------------------74"

Height -----------71.2"--------------------- 73"
I'd rather see it closer to an FSB wheelbase vs an EB wheelbase.
Stock EB's (wheelbase wise) are not fun going up extreme angles.
That's why most of the hardcore EB's go 100 or more.............

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd rather see it closer to an FSB wheelbase vs an EB wheelbase. Stock EB's (wheelbase wise) are not fun going up extreme angles. That's why most of the hardcore EB's go 100 or more.............
I liked the numbers that came out of 99Discovery's analysis, something around 102-103" wheelbase. Which should even work for a 4-door, like the 101" wheelbase did for both the 2 and 4 door XJ's:

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

The Unlimited Wrangler is up to a 118" wheelbase. The Everest rolls in at 112", and the 2018 Troller T4 rides on a 102" wheelbase, so the T6 chassis they will share can certainly get there -- even if the Ranger version of the chassis is way out at 127".

While I'd like a little space for gear/groceries or whatever in the back, I'd like to see the overhangs on the Bronco nice and short for good approach & departure. Both the one under the tarp and the silhouette give the impression of short overhangs. The one under the tarp reminds me of the 2-door XJ, with a long front door to access a smaller back seat. The shadowy figure behind BB says 4-door to me, with a wrangleresque blocky shaped rear end.

Sponsored

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just hope it's like the covered clay model. If the dimensions that 99Discovery came out with are true then Id be very happy with that. I think the four door Jeep is too long but Id like similar approach and departure angles. Im just really hoping they create that clay model. Everything about that looks right to me. That Shadow being the BB has to be the EB. That looks too stubby and upright.

kdm_42089

Black Diamond
First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Continental
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Saw this in a YouTube video, and it also comes up in some searches for 'bronco spy shots'

Possibility?