Sponsored

Leaked info on Bronco's technology: Off-Road Navigation, Adventure Capture, Real-Time Tire Pressure

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Reading through the nanny debate was all fun and games... meanwhile I'm sitting here thinking... I remember the days I used to put a nicer stereo in my vehicles... can't do that shit now. lol.

And while on that subject, god i hate those molex door connectors.
Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Reading through the nanny debate was all fun and games... meanwhile I'm sitting here thinking... I remember the days I used to put a nicer stereo in my vehicles... can't do that shit now. lol.
Funny you mention that. I tried to add a small sub in my Fusion, but it has noise canceling mic's in the
ceiling that go crazy with a farting noise through factory stereo, trying to counteract my sub.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
.... I remember the days I used to put a nicer stereo in my vehicles... can't do that shit now. lol. ....
As do I, and it's a real shame the automakers aren't trying to treat the touch screens of today more like those old radios, because they are sure to become obsolete a lot faster.

I get the impression they want it that way though. The automakers like the fact that lots of people today treat a car as a disposable or consumable class of goods rather than as durable goods. Not so great for consumers, or the environment, when a giant expensive thing like that is replaced so often.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was referring to how we might get a similar alert if weight is detected in the rear seats for the child monitor, not the screen size or interior design.

I don’t think bronco will get a screen that big, but I wouldn’t mind one bit if it did

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As do I, and it's a real shame the automakers aren't trying to treat the touch screens of today more like those old radios, because they are sure to become obsolete a lot faster.

I get the impression they want it that way though. The automakers like the fact that lots of people today treat a car as a disposable or consumable class of goods rather than as durable goods. Not so great for consumers, or the environment, when a giant expensive thing like that is replaced so often.

Yup. That's why they don't like consumers like me. I buy my shyt in cash. That's why I'm so picky on what I want. It's hard to let $40-$50k poof out of your account.

Please give me a two door, 5.0L, manual trans Bronco and you can have my monies.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm assuming we're in a news blackout till at least mid-january...as companies know attention spans get pretty short during the holidays. Why don't you get yourself authorized to throw out some crumbs for us during that time. You could even post in realll small font :)

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He's not talking about Ford or the stealerships opinion on purchasing methods ... he's talking about making sound personal financial decisions, and the idea that people ignore the real cost of a large purchase by hiding it away into easier to swallow concepts like monthly payments. Having to exert some self discipline and save that money up in advance makes the buyer more aware of the total cost and conscious of the value of X or Y feature or add-on when that savings is written away in one big payment.

"Are leather seats worth 5 months of my time / savings?"

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don’t forget to figure for inflation too. May not be saving much at all dropping $50k cash vs paying it out in a low interest loan. Not to mention the opportunity cost of not having the $50k liquid available to invest in other things in the mean time

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
he's talking about making sound personal financial decisions
Mmmmmmmm, buying a brand new car in cash would be considered the very opposite of a "sound personal financial decision"

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No what I meant was many people will concede things they don't like in a vehicle because they will change into a newer one after a few years.

Oh doesn't have LED lighting? Ok...that's fine....I'll trade in my vehicle in three years.

I'm more of I want what I want or I don't get it kinda person. Or if I can change it myself later I can concede. Heck...I threw the TKO from my Mach 1 into my Gen 1 Lightning because that's how Ford should have made them back in the day.

Sponsored

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
He's not talking about Ford or the stealerships opinion on purchasing methods ... he's talking about making sound personal financial decisions, and the idea that people ignore the real cost of a large purchase by hiding it away into easier to swallow concepts like monthly payments. Having to exert some self discipline and save that money up in advance makes the buyer more aware of the total cost and conscious of the value of X or Y feature or add-on when that savings is written away in one big payment.

"Are leather seats worth 5 months of my time / savings?"
Exactly!

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Mmmmmmmm, buying a brand new car in cash would be considered the very opposite of a "sound personal financial decision"
Well...not a sound investment. But not having debt is a sound financial decision.

It tempers what you get. Way to many people live above their means and go to bed at night with a weight on their chest.

Not me!! Fvck that noise.
Sponsored