Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know it's their logo, but man, Ford's logo looks terrible on modern cars, particularly on the grill. They should really start to adopt the Bronco/Raptor/etc design choice of just using the vehicles' name, or the word "Ford" in a font.

Just my 2 cents as a designer.

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 1.29.15 PM.png
Agreeance! Hate that blue oval logo with a passion. It just reeks of the 20s. Or 30s. It looks old.
While I'm at it - Toyotas is terrible too. And that stupid bow tie, especially when its tan.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My second car was a 1975 Maverick (1992ish?). It was a slug, but that didn't stop me from slapping on chrome wheels, Mickey Thompson bias ply meats, and HiJackers, lol. I don't think they should use the name for a truck, but what do I know.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As long as it has rear-facing seats in the back. Damn those things got hot in the desert sun.

Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I keep wondering what they think about that Maverick name is a winner? They were barely below POS territory back in the day. Or perhaps they home no one would remember?
Agreed. My grandmother had a green Maverick. It wasn't something I wished I could have driven back in the day.

Lurking4luv

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw gti, Nissan frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like it. A small runaround would be cool. Not everyone needs a 2 ton 4 wheel drive behemoth though we may want one.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Leaked Look at Ford Maverick Pickup! Full-Color-New-Goodwill-Logo-2-1

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Agreeance! Hate that blue oval logo with a passion. It just reeks of the 20s. Or 30s. It looks old.
I think the 1920's version is better than the current one, but it shouldn't be on the front of every vehicle. A simple 'F O R D' lettering would work on the grille or hood of most models. Throw the oval on the back if you must (like Bronco), but freeing up the front would look so much better.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the 1920's version is better than the current one, but it shouldn't be on the front of every vehicle. A simple 'F O R D' lettering would work on the grille or hood of most models. Throw it on the back if you must (like Bronco), but freeing up the front would look so much better.
It's so tempting for brands to change their logo around when they are hoping for an injection of excitement, but Ford is in the position where they should never ever ever ever ever ever change their logo in any meaningful way.

They're called the "blue oval" colloquially, and that "F".... THAT "F"!

Man... what a lot of brands would give to have that kind of heritage and recognition.

Ford Bronco Leaked Look at Ford Maverick Pickup! 258d5cf4148b29b5c039e70b1969d439

I think the trend to ever increasing logo size is terrible. Keep the logo small and understated and put it on the tip of the hood... and the rear of the vehicle.

Ford could do this and then play around with their grill design. (Think Fusion design language.. remember when those first came out? They looked so good... and still do)

Ford Bronco Leaked Look at Ford Maverick Pickup! 1610144781030

BMW does the small front logo bit really well... though even they couldn't resist the embiggen trend and they really screwed up the kidney grill.

Last edited: