Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi Guys,

I want to thank you for the lively discussion on this page. We actively monitor this forum on a daily basis and are excited to see what you guys think and experience with the new Bronco. I want to make it clear that yes, 2 hours after publishing these pictures we were called up by Ford and disinvited from the reveal of the new F-150 and Bronco. They have also pulled our access to vehicles locally as well. I understand the criticism we have received on this thread and appreciate what you guys have to say. I want to make it clear that we have a strict set of editorial guidelines, and if we receive images and info from anonymous sources, we will publish them as it does effect the purchasing decisions of many of our viewers. The other sites did re publish these images sent to us, it is unclear if any other publication has received any negative repercussions. I also want to make it VERY clear we don't accept sponsorship or payment from any vehicle manufacturers, Ford or otherwise.

Thanks again for everyone chiming in on this news, hope to see you down the road sometime soon!

Tommy
TFLtruck
Thanks for Chiming in Tommy. While I get where Ford is coming from, they should be punishing internally IMO not externally. I know for me personally I love y’all’s content because it’s relatively scientific which can be hard to find in car reviews. Especially with the Ike gauntlet and gas mileage tests y’all do, they are the best in the review industry IMO. Hopefully you guys can work this out, TFL videos on the Bronco were definitely some of the ones I was most interested in.

If anyone from Ford with power to change any of this is perusing, I get where y’all are coming from 100%. But what’s done is done and while making an example of TFL may seem like the right move, IMO their content is good enough to make it worth inviting them. Make this a warning, final warning, whatever needs be but I think I speak for many of us in looking forward to their perspective on Bronco.
Sponsored

TFLtruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Gladiator, Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
But that’s my point who cares who releases the photos if they’re out there and published anyway. Why isn’t Ford coming down on everybody that shares any late photos? Like Kong’s leaked phots. EVEYONE got in trouble that shared those.

it’s all fishy to me.
The manufacturer cares who leaks or reports on the findings. I think you'll find from a manufacturers standpoint there is a different approach when discussing "media" and "forums" and the response will be different from day to day and company to company.

TFLtruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Gladiator, Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for Chiming in Tommy. While I get where Ford is coming from, they should be punishing internally IMO not externally. I know for me personally I love y’all’s content because it’s relatively scientific which can be hard to find in car reviews. Especially with the Ike gauntlet and gas mileage tests y’all do, they are the best in the review industry IMO. Hopefully you guys can work this out, TFL videos on the Bronco were definitely some of the ones I was most interested in.

If anyone from Ford with power to change any of this is perusing, I get where y’all are coming from 100%. But what’s done is done and while making an example of TFL may seem like the right move, IMO their content is good enough to make it worth inviting them. Make this a warning, final warning, whatever needs be but I think I speak for many of us in looking forward to their perspective on Bronco.
I really appreciate the kind words Nick. We hope to keep you as a viewer and thanks for watching. Love your rig and perspective btw, hope you find yourself in a Bronco eventually!

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
The manufacturer cares who leaks or reports on the findings. I think you'll find from a manufacturers standpoint there is a different approach when discussing "media" and "forums" and the response will be different from day to day and company to company.
sounds like ford them selves is fighting whose in charge and who has the big boy paints on lol.
They are the ones that keep moving the goal posts. No reason to get mad at you guys. The Car should have been Revealed 4 months ago.

good luck keeping the most anticipated vehicle in 10-20 years a secret that long with out leaks

Keep on keeping on and hopefully ford pulls their head out of their ass

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Tommy, I've been watching and reading your reviews for years, you guys have done leaks forever, has Ford ever handled it this way before? Did they not just ask you to remove the photos first instead of disinviting you?

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Tommy, I've been watching and reading your reviews for years, you guys have done leaks forever, has Ford ever handled it this way before? Did they not just ask you to remove the photos first instead of disinviting you?
that’s the question I want to keep asking. Because that is the way Ford has handled leaks in the past. Simply asking them to remove them or else they will be uninvited. Not uninviting first.

also it seems silly to me that Ford is also withholding new vehicles for them to test. All that is going to do is drive the demand up on their site for other vehicles. seems like a lose lose on Ford’s half of the bargain.

Also I am still under the impression that the reveal is going to be a digital only. No in person press anyway.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi Guys,

I want to thank you for the lively discussion on this page. We actively monitor this forum on a daily basis and are excited to see what you guys think and experience with the new Bronco. I want to make it clear that yes, 2 hours after publishing these pictures we were called up by Ford and disinvited from the reveal of the new F-150 and Bronco. They have also pulled our access to vehicles locally as well. I understand the criticism we have received on this thread and appreciate what you guys have to say. I want to make it clear that we have a strict set of editorial guidelines, and if we receive images and info from anonymous sources, we will publish them as it does effect the purchasing decisions of many of our viewers. The other sites did re publish these images sent to us, it is unclear if any other publication has received any negative repercussions. I also want to make it VERY clear we don't accept sponsorship or payment from any vehicle manufacturers, Ford or otherwise.

Thanks again for everyone chiming in on this news, hope to see you down the road sometime soon!

Tommy
TFLtruck
That's a bummer. Makes Ford look petty (well, I guess not "look" petty). I dig your channel. Can't speak for the internet know-it-alls, but as an off-road beginner, you have some good stuff. I look forward to your eventual review whenever that may be.

CSSM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 XV Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi Guys,

Tommy
TFLtruck
Great to have you here! I am a big fan of TFL.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

also it seems silly to me that Ford is also withholding new vehicles for them to test. All that is going to do is drive the demand up on their site for other vehicles. seems like a lose lose on Ford’s half of the bargain.
Agreed, the lost sales Ford will see when people who count on TFL reviews cannot read or watch one on the Bronco, maybe they will just buy a Wrangler or 4runner instead?

Sponsored

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
......psss.... hey..... uummmm....... just send me some of those undisclosed photos..... as I am The Pope.... if I were to leak them.... it could be said that they came from a Higher Power..... just saying.....

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

as it does effect the purchasing decisions of many of our viewers.

TFLtruck
It also effects the “not purchases yet“ of competing vehicles.
Ford should be looking at it this way: Your leak scoop came right after the COO said “much superior product”. Up until your leak we hadn’t seen any proof that might be true from a Rubicon perspective.

Now we have reason to believe and the people who had been bailing out to FCA for lack of information (which was a popular sentiment the past few weeks) are again sitting tight waiting for real specs to compare.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi Guys,

Tommy
TFLtruck
PS you guys should have joined sooner. Now you only get the “Regular” sticker for lurking for so long.

Ford Bronco Leaked pics: IFS, 7spd manual shifter (w/ crawler gear), sway bar disconnect, top latch, EcoBoost engine, AUX switches, front & rear lockers! BB167C5A-394E-495B-A4ED-04DBFC8451CB

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've had a 6000# Ramsey I paid $400 for 35 years ago and moved from vehicle to vehicle (Bronco II, Ranger, '66 Bronco, '05 Rubicon) it has only ever suffered from a broken cable.. I'll let it go with the Rubicon and get a Warn for around $1000
Thats a reasonable price. I`ve bought 3 12000. Lb harbor freights one i have, one i sweetened a deal with and one i exploded pulling a suburban on 22s and a body kit out of a slop valley with a cj up against a tree. The cable piled up cause my spotter was drinkin. Broke the cage apart. I actually welded a brace up and used it for another year only on vehicle smaller than full size. I think i gave it to someone for their trailer.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I guess my point is I won't pay 2500 or 3500 for a feature that is only marginally important. I have a 4:1 case in my Rubicon, but everything else I have has a 2.72 and performance difference is hardly noticeable with an auto and would be irrelevant with a manual with a crawler gear. And I won't pay 4k for tires and wheels, I need the FX4 (plates and locker) and figure it will come with something like 33's, if it doesn't I'll spend a $1000 on tires with 33 ish diameter and put them on whatever wheels it comes with.

And it's nice to see Ford will offer a front locker, but really they are only marginally effective as well. In limited traction (mud and snow) they don't seem to help that much (tire chains are much more effective) and make steering nearly impossible, sending you places you really don't want to go. Ground clearance, to avoid high centering is more important. In rocks I only use the front locker intermittently as steering is also screwed. When headed uphill in rocks weight is to the rear so an extra tire pulling on the light end doesn't help much. Again, ground clearance is where it's at

My only thought of why ford may offer a 4:1 case is for the PR of being a Rubicon fighter. I use my rigs fairly hard in the Colorado rockies, AZ desert and UT slickrock, I think the Bronco in FX4 trim will do fine for my use. If someone needs a true Rock Crawler, the Bronco probably is not the vehicle for them...get a Jeep with heavy mods or build a tube frame outfit...you'll be money and performance ahead, but you'll have to trailer it to the trail.

I am not one of the 95% I am in the 5%. You see it as marginally effective but I have learned one thing over the years ....... it is better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it. That said, I take my son out wheeling on our Grizzys and anytime I would say use 4WD he would ask, should I lock it ?? So one day I showed him what a front locker was used for. I crawled up a rock bigger than the machine with one front tire on the rock and one tire "hanging" in the air. Now he understands why !! They help out in the deep mud and snow as well. But if you don't have it and you "hang" a front tire you 'aint going over because once the tire gets in the air it will just spin that tire and not put power to the one still in contact. While on the subject of being marginally effective, while most will not need the "front dig" that has been seen, Ford still put in the Bronco. Your right marginally effective but come to a tight turn in the trail or try to squeeze between two large rocks and you will say "Oh, now I know why they made it front dig". I see a lot of people post here that the Bronco will be a toy. I only need mine to go ANYWHERE and do ANYTHING I want it to do. I don't need fancy wheels, leather interior, heated this, cooled that, it needs to do one thing ...... PERFORM !!!! and I want all the options that make it do that, all the other stuff is marginally effective to me. :D
Sponsored