JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope that button is for a sway bar disconnect or “articulation enhancer” as eluded to above.

I don’t see a button for the “dig/turn enhancement”. That graphic wouldn’t make sense for that feature.
I think it is automatically engaged when you put the Bronco into off-road mode, because you would need it off road when you turn the wheel full lock, and only then. But there are times off road you might go full lock and not want that, such and crawling.
Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
appears to be a silver colored dash front, was hoping for something related to body color maybe? of course maybe it is a silver bronco, so could be. I like the red interior stuff on certain jeeps, but since I'd only get a red one that would technically have been body color....hopefully we get some colorful accents in here.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like the articulation mode button on the left. Must be for the hydraulic fluid ride height system.
looks like Sway Disconnect

prendrefeu

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
heavily modified off-road Volvo XC60
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
edit: I wrote this post in another thread (it was about the TFL video) but apparently an entirely different thread (this one) appeared that I did not know about, this was merged in... and here we are)

Last edited:

Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So everyone is blaming the lawsuit about the problems with the manual transmission built in China on just poor drivers?

Or are the Bronco manuals getting built somewhere else?

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m holding out that the button does both then. Hydraulic articulation and sway bar disconnect! :)
I wouldn’t be surprised if it is something different than a conventional sway bar with a disconnect feature.

Imagine a conventional sway bar chopped in half with an electric or hydraulic motor attached to each end. These motors could mimic a sway bar on the highway and help simulate a solid axle off-road. Obviously it wouldn’t address IFS durability or travel issues but it could help with the “leverage” advantage that a solid axle typically has over a conventional IFS system.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

i am starting to think the i4 might be the only engine. rip my hopes for the 2.7
Agreed. Or they are gatekeeping the 2.7/3.0 to the top trim level.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn’t be surprised if it is something different than a conventional sway bar with a disconnect feature.

Imagine a conventional sway bar chopped in half with an electric or hydraulic motor attached to each end. These motors could mimic a sway bar on the highway and help simulate a solid axle off-road. Obviously it wouldn’t address IFS durability or travel issues but it could help with the “leverage” advantage that a solid axle typically has over a conventional IFS system.
that is an interesting take on it, and seemingly appears to be fairly simple to engineer from a functional standpoint, maybe only difficult on getting it to react as fast as a true sway bar. But could use used for extra lift or articulation off road as well.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
i am starting to think the i4 might be the only engine. rip my hopes for the 2.7
The next gen T6 platform was overhauled for many reasons but one of the main ones is that the overseas version was unable to accept V6 engines. I believe it had something to do with how it was assembled iirc.

Next gen Bronco is the first vehicle on this new platform.... you can draw conclusions from there.