Vegas_Sirk

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The trailer plug is a bad solution. It disables too many other systems.
Just the Trailer Brake lights. Plug it back in when you need to tow. That's what I do on my Raptor.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just watched the video and I'm gonna say it. If he is CORRECT..... the kid on the left is my new hero when he says... "I expect the 2 door Bronco to start around 25k" ????
And before you naysayers come along..
Just let me have my moment! ?
Iā€™ll be the first to be a naysayer and say heā€™s off by a little over $10k.

starting price $13k. ;)

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
What are y'alls thoughts on cost between the manual vs. Auto? I'm going with the cheaper option which should be the manual. I'd rather spend the money on other options. I belive the auto is a $2800 option on the wrangler. Interesting to see what it'll be on the Bronco.
I think Chrispy hinted that they would be a similar price if not a bit more expensive for the manual.

Which, as an aside, makes starting MSRP for bronco being what it is seem more tolerable.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

t
What are y'alls thoughts on cost between the manual vs. Auto? I'm going with the cheaper option which should be the manual. I'd rather spend the money on other options. I belive the auto is a $2800 option on the wrangler. Interesting to see what it'll be on the Bronco.
the cost to replace one can be from 1800 to 3400 if that says anything

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
You'd be surprised how much better IFS flexes without sway bars. I threw mine away front and rear.

Ford Bronco Leaked pics: IFS, 7spd manual shifter (w/ crawler gear), sway bar disconnect, top latch, EcoBoost engine, AUX switches, front & rear lockers! Screenshot_20200610-153130_Gallery
Thatā€™s honestly really damn impressive. Canā€™t wait to see what Ford has cooked up.

OP
OP
Paint

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You'd be surprised how much better IFS flexes without sway bars. I threw mine away front and rear.

Ford Bronco Leaked pics: IFS, 7spd manual shifter (w/ crawler gear), sway bar disconnect, top latch, EcoBoost engine, AUX switches, front & rear lockers! Screenshot_20200610-153130_Gallery
I wouldn't be surprised. I've had both, off-roaded both. ;)

I still have a SFA vehicle, and off-road is pretty much the ONLY thing it's good at...I'm firmly in the IFS camp here. I would immediately cross the Bronco off my list if it has a solid front axle.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just the Trailer Brake lights. Plug it back in when you need to tow. That's what I do on my Raptor.
"While a trailer is attached auto start-stop will not enable. With this hack a trailer light test plug is inserted into the trailer plug, fooling the truck into thinking a trailer is attached.

On the surface, this appears to be a clever solution, but as it turns out, itā€™s one of the worst solutions. Modern trucks have many advanced towing features that work well while towing. Transmission shift pressures will increase. Fuel-based remaining distance estimates are adjusted for the reduced fuel mileage. Blind spot systems will expand their range to account for the length of the trailer. Rear ultrasonic object detection and cross traffic alert disables so as not to falsely alarm due to the presence of the trailer. Rear-view camera overlays used to visualize the vehicle path are disabled. Advanced trailer anti-sway controls are enabled, which may brake wheels independently to reduce trailer sway.

The list goes on and on for built-in towing optimizations, and each and every one can be a problem if thereā€™s not actually a trailer connected. Please donā€™t even consider this as a means to disable auto start-stop".

Sponsored

danzy55

Base
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2003 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks good and 100% planned drop...hopefully more in the weeks to come and early July launch would be great!

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think the 2.3L is more than adequate throughout the range. Here it is vs the Jeep 3.6.
I agree. I still want the 2.7 TT though ... having cake and eating too is good!

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think it is automatically engaged when you put the Bronco into off-road mode, because you would need it off road when you turn the wheel full lock, and only then. But there are times off road you might go full lock and not want that, such and crawling.

I personally would want control of my front dig. Maybe I don't want to have to turn the wheels all the way to lock. Maybe I just want the front wheels to do the work and only turn the wheels a little or not at all. This is why I don't like the ecm controlling things, just run the engine, don't try to "drive" the car for me. IMO:D

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Iā€™ll be the first to be a naysayer and say heā€™s off by a little over $10k.

starting price $13k. ;)
I'll tell you right now, if a base 2 door starts at $38k. The Bronco will be the biggest flop out there. And personally, I'm a Ford guy and hate Jeep but st that price point, I'll go buy one of those Kia's that the hamsters drive ?

Top Mach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Donā€™t kill me, but what the automatic is a standard feature, no pun intended, and the manual costs more As a option? It is a new design, right. Otherwise I am in. Letā€™s do this.
Sponsored