Sponsored

Superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had them on my SCrew. Exceptional on and off road, snow, rain and treadlife.
I’ve got them too on my 07 F250 4x4 crew diesel. I really like them.
Sponsored

Superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can’t decide if I’d be fine with a 34”-35” tire or if I need a 37”.

probably will depend on gas mileage tbh.
I’m probably in the 33-34” tire camp, maybe 35” depending on what package it comes with.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Could someone explain Dig to me?
it is where you need to make a turn sharper than your trucks turn radius, so you lock the rear inside wheel, and only apply power to the front axle when turning, causing you to turn very sharp.

it olden days it required twin sticking the transfer case, and running two seperate parking brakes.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wouldn’t be surprised if it is something different than a conventional sway bar with a disconnect feature.

Imagine a conventional sway bar chopped in half with an electric or hydraulic motor attached to each end. These motors could mimic a sway bar on the highway and help simulate a solid axle off-road. Obviously it wouldn’t address IFS durability or travel issues but it could help with the “leverage” advantage that a solid axle typically has over a conventional IFS system.
You mean you can actually see an internal combustion engine under all that plumbing? Let alone ID it as a 4 cyl?

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can’t decide if I’d be fine with a 34”-35” tire or if I need a 37”.

probably will depend on gas mileage tbh.
I need 44s or bigger. all about that ground clearance.

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
it is where you need to make a turn sharper than your trucks turn radius, so you lock the rear inside wheel, and only apply power to the front axle when turning, causing you to turn very sharp.

it olden days it required twin sticking the transfer case, and running two seperate parking brakes.
I'll add, there was an added benefit to being twin sticked. If your gear was strong enough, and the ground slick enough, you could put your front into 4H, and rear into 4L, and get some insane steering ability in mud and ruts, whereas typically in these cases the truck wants to steer straight ahead and fights you any time your turn the wheel (this was typically not done with 1/2 ton running gear, as you'd just break everything.)

texheim

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Stage 2
Your Bronco Model
Base
My first truck ('88 F-150 XLT Lariat EFI) had high beams on the floor, loved it. (I'm not yet 40)

In 5 years, it probably won't even have a button. It'll just be on. 5 more years, and everybody will forget it because just about everything will be electric.

And like people post "yOuRe oLd iF yOu kNoW wHaT tHiS iS" and post a pic of a high beam switch on the floor...In 30 years, you'll be posting "you're old if you recognize this button"

Ruptured Duck

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'll add, there was an added benefit to being twin sticked. If your gear was strong enough, and the ground slick enough, you could put your front into 4H, and rear into 4L, and get some insane steering ability in mud and ruts, whereas typically in these cases the truck wants to steer straight ahead and fights you any time your turn the wheel (this was typically not done with 1/2 ton running gear, as you'd just break everything.)
There was a place called Tellico that had a trail with a section called Slick Rock. This was the method that could work if enough water and mud were on the rock incline. The second the rear gained traction things could go south fast. It was a gamble move if you didn't want to pull cable.

Bronco27

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica, Corolla, Tundra
Did anyone else notice the location of the gear mode selector dial? In the February leak photos it is on the center console but on these new photos it is on the lower left of the dash. So perhaps the difference is with the manual transmission option. Maybe different center consoles, bench seat option, or?

2021 Bronco Interior Spied Undisguised!!

2021-bronco-interior-bronco-int05-kgp-jpg.jpg

New leak photo from this thread:

21-ford-bronco-dashboard-4wd-knob-914x1024-jpg-jpg.jpg
If they came out with bench seat option. I would trade my JT for one in. heartbeat. family of 6 rarely travel together. but to have that option would be imposible to turn down. Either way very excited for the big reveal next month!

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

There was a place called Tellico that had a trail with a section called Slick Rock. This was the method that could work if enough water and mud were on the rock incline. The second the rear gained traction things could go south fast. It was a gamble move if you didn't want to pull cable.
I missed out on Tellico, and am bummed about it.

Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can see Ken Block making a spectacle with this mode. Thank you

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did you see the rims? Talk about being scraped up. Let's hope that was from offroading and not curb rash...otherwise I will need to get some curb feelers installed /s.

Really nice size tires too.