First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's that "we don't need... " comment.

Maybe it's a "You don't need..." thing.

I'll think for myself and I will decide what my needs are And I will not tell you what Your needs are.

Lastly ...... my comment "..... uuummmmmm..... V8 Engine....... just saying........" was in regards to what's in the Top Fuel Mustang.... and not the 2021 Bronco. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There's that "we don't need... " comment.

Maybe it's a "You don't need..." thing.

I'll think for myself and I will decide what my needs are And I will not tell you what Your needs are.

Lastly ...... my comment "..... uuummmmmm..... V8 Engine....... just saying........" was in regards to what's in the Top Fuel Mustang.... and not the 2021 Bronco. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Yup.... people trying to tell me what I need. hmmmm....authoritarianism. No thanks.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Why not?!
The stock Bronco will not have the aerodynamics to go 330mph nor the parachutes and brakes to stop it.
Yup.... people trying to tell me what I need. hmmmm....authoritarianism. No thanks.
You guys need to chill, we were talking about a 330mph, 11,000hp race car.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Here is a couple of great videos to show what it takes to build these bad boys and a few great explosions when things go wrong.

Last edited:

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The stock Bronco will not have the aerodynamics to go 330mph nor the parachutes and brakes to stop it.

You guys need to chill, we were talking about a 330mph, 11,000hp race car.
Yeah but remember once we get back to the moon ford will be making an all electric Space Force Edition Bronco. Since the moon is so sparcely populated it will need that kind of speed to get from here to there. ?‍?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So this confirms the front and rear axle locks as well as the sway bar disconnect which makes it competitive with the Rubicon. But, has anyone heard if there will be a "rock crawler" transfer case with an extra low low range?

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
So this confirms the front and rear axle locks as well as the sway bar disconnect which makes it competitive with the Rubicon. But, has anyone heard if there will be a "rock crawler" transfer case with an extra low low range?
That’s where the 10 speed and 7 speed transmissions come in. The 4:1 in the rubicon is REALLY low, especially with the automatic. I’m sure the 2.7:1 the Bronco will come with most likely will be fine with the lower transmission gearing.

If not, I’m sure our friends over at Atlas will fix you right up :ROFLMAO:

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That’s where the 10 speed and 7 speed transmissions come in. The 4:1 in the rubicon is REALLY low, especially with the automatic. I’m sure the 2.7:1 the Bronco will come with most likely will be fine with the lower transmission gearing.

If not, I’m sure our friends over at Atlas will fix you right up :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, I have both 2.7 cases and a 4.0 (Rubicon) case and frankly, with an auto, I can't tell much difference and the crawler 7spd will more than make up the difference. But I figured Ford wouldn't want Jeep to have the marketing advantage.

PS I don't have Atlas kind of money.

Last edited:

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I havent heard but with the granny gear it may not be needed. Ecoboosts have good low end power and with the standard tcase you may end up with 3 mph idle anyway. I could get in and out of my old bronco with a t18 while driving. That 7 speed may have been their 2 birds with one stone plan.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, I have both 2.7 cases and a 4.0 (Rubicon) case and frankly, with an auto, I can't tell much difference and the crawler 7spd will more than make up the difference. But I figured Ford wouldn't want Jeep to have the marketing advantage.

PS I don't have Atlas kind of money.
I havent heard but with the granny gear it may not be needed. Ecoboosts have good low end power and with the standard tcase you may end up with 3 mph idle anyway. I could get in and out of my old bronco with a t18 while driving. That 7 speed may have been their 2 birds with one stone plan.
Just our of curiosity I checked my idle speed in my wrangler in 4lo 1st gear. (3.21 axle ratio) in the jack in the box parking lot

right at 3 mph too. Not bad for how tall of gearing it has and the 2.7 tcase.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just our of curiosity I checked my idle speed in my wrangler in 4lo 1st gear. (3.21 axle ratio) in the jack in the box parking lot

right at 3 mph too. Not bad for how tall of gearing it has and the 2.7 tcase.
Tech question for you guys: My F250, 2.7 ratio, steep downhill, first gear low range will throttle up (I assume to burn of unburnt fuel sensed by the O2 sensor), if I shift up to 2nd it will idle down and actually go slower than in first, why doesn't it throttle up in second too?
Sponsored