Base
Staff member
First Name
Devin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis, 2017 Honda Civic, 2019.5 Chevy Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.carexpert.com.au/news/f...r-bronco&utm_content=&utm_campaign=news-story

Australia is set to get the Next Generation Ranger next year. Along with a Raptor version from day 1!

The AU Ranger Raptor will have 3 engine options. The 2.0L i4 twin turbo ecoblue diesel. (Not coming to USA) The 3.0L V6 twin turbo power stroke. (Highly unlikely but possible). and 2.7L V6 twin turbo nano Ecoboost. (Highly likely)

What's interesting to note here is, the drive type noted for the V6 engines is AWD only.
Could that mean the next generation ranger in the United States and Bronco have a Full time AWD option? something similar to what the Jeep Sahara. Where you have a Transfer case with 4High 4Low AND AWD vs 2High.

The Ford ranger in Australia is also getting “adaptive valve fox shocks.“ with a “jump” mode to soften your landing.

below is a leaked image of a AU 2021 Ford Ranger Raptor Test vehicle. With a U725 build code (code name for the bronco in USA)

6B577305-ACE2-4F2B-A5B8-8431B511E519.jpeg

Advertisement

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
Staff member
First Name
Devin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
i dont know what i am looking at but what leads you to believe this will be the raptor powertrain and not just an optional engine? cause all i see are ford ranger filled out
raptor for Australia. ** they are getting the Raptor Day 1. And those are the only 3 engines listed (so far)

that doesn’t mean the USA raptor or Bronco “raptor” will have the 2.7 as the top engine tho.

North7

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
How credible is this source?

Do the bold items line up with anything we know about the Bronco so far?

Any speculation on what changes in the "second-generation Nano 2.7-litre EcoBoost engine" ?

A leaked screen shot confirms Ford will introduce the second-generation Nano 2.7-litre EcoBoost engine into the Bronco as an option, or as part of a Bronco Raptor package

The US market will get the second generation of Ford’s 2.7-litre turbocharged V6 Nano EcoBoost petrol engine, which produces 242kW of power and 542Nm of torque.

Ford may have intended to launch the Ranger Raptor in North America earlier, but may have been waiting for the EcoBoost Nano V6 to have been engineered for the T6 platform

Rumours have been circulating for some time about an EcoBoost Nano V6 being used in the Bronco, but the same screen shot from the Ford computer above all but confirms this will happen.

If you look closely, you’ll see mention of a U725 prototype, which is an internal Ford code for the all-new Bronco. Given the Bronco uses a modified version of the T6 platform, it’s only logical that the EcoBoost Nano V6 could be used in both the Ranger and Bronco to achieve economies of scale.

MY93SHO

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2012 Goldwing, 1997 Valkyrie Tourer

Any speculation on what changes in the "second-generation Nano 2.7-litre EcoBoost engine" ?
Second-gen is the one that came out in 2018. It has both port and direct injection.

OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
Staff member
First Name
Devin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

that’s even more speculation. The 2nd gen 2.7 is the one in the F150 making 325hp and 400lbft. With both direct and port injection

I asked him why he thinks it’s the second generation when the leak just shows “2.7 nano unknown hp”
He said pure speculation.

So it very well could be the first generation nano with only direct injection that’s in the Edge making 335hp 380lbft

Spooled

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150
10R60 trans? So the next gen Ranger is getting a weaker transmission than the current one? I hope the Bronco has the 10R80.

OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
Staff member
First Name
Devin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
10R60 trans? So the next gen Ranger is getting a weaker transmission than the current one? I hope the Bronco has the 10R80.
It’s a Blurry screen. It’s “10r80” I noticed that too. The current Ranger in AU has the 10r80. 10r50 would only be rated to 368lbft the 2.7 has more than that.

mike.s

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
raptor for Australia. ** they are getting the Raptor Day 1. And those are the only 3 engines listed (so far)

that doesn’t mean the USA raptor or Bronco “raptor” will have the 2.7 as the top engine tho.
i wouldnt base anything on what the Australia market gets, the video seems like click bait to me

Nickp

Black Diamond
Staff member
First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRANGLER PROBABLY TOTALED SEARCHING FOR SHITBOX
I’m fine with 2.7 over 3.0, I heard someone on the F-150 forums refer to the 2.7 as “built like a brick shithouse”.

That’s what I’m looking for

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
I’m fine with 2.7 over 3.0, I heard someone on the F-150 forums refer to the 2.7 as “built like a brick shithouse”.

That’s what I’m looking for
When you say
“built like a brick shithouse”. what do you mean?

Advertisement

Advertisement