Base
Staff member
First Name
Devin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Grand Marquis,17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
My brothers Toyota sequoia's AWD system works well, you can lock the center differential when you need to and run it with AWD low range too. With the center differential open you get a better turning radius.

So if you had the center diff open and as you turn the brake system locks up the inner rear wheel you would have a turning radius of around the length of the vehicle as you spin around the one rear wheel. That would be amazing. I know of some trails this would be useful on.
Those “AWD Lock” systems are all brake assisted not a true 4x4 locking system. Even the new Land Rovers use that system. Sure it works great for traction but it cuts max power.
Advertisement

Rivers90

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Those “AWD Lock” systems are all brake assisted not a true 4x4 locking system. Even the new Land Rovers use that system. Sure it works great for traction but it cuts max power.
The center diff needs to really lock for 2wd mode. Once the front drive shaft is not engaged an open center diff would spin the disconnected front driveshaft output.

Jimmy

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fronty/ FiST/ Z

Qhorse13

First Name
Keith
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Tacoma 4x4
That would suck! I really hope Ford takes the build your own seriously and it’s not just aesthetics.
The bronco has always had a V8 in it and I don’t understand why they don’t offer a V8 even if it was just an option. I don’t care that it has a V6 capable of producing 350HP. I want the throaty rumble of a V8. Ive heard the V6 eco and to me it sounds like shit. You can NEVER reproduce the pure sound of a V8. I’ve heard the Hennessy velociraptor V6 in a F-150, and it just doesn’t sound good. And that’s having a lot of work some to it too, they changed almost everything from the exhaust system, tuning it, mufflers etc etc and it still sounds like a pissed off bumble bee. If Ford REALLY wants to sell the bronco on record numbers, throw a V8 in it!! They won’t be able to keep up with demand for the bronco if they did that.

OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
Staff member
First Name
Devin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Grand Marquis,17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
The bronco has always had a V8 in it and I don’t understand why they don’t offer a V8 even if it was just an option. I don’t care that it has a V6 capable of producing 350HP. I want the throaty rumble of a V8. Ive heard the V6 eco and to me it sounds like shit. You can NEVER reproduce the pure sound of a V8. I’ve heard the Hennessy velociraptor V6 in a F-150, and it just doesn’t sound good. And that’s having a lot of work some to it too, they changed almost everything from the exhaust system, tuning it, mufflers etc etc and it still sounds like a pissed off bumble bee. If Ford REALLY wants to sell the bronco on record numbers, throw a V8 in it!! They won’t be able to keep up with demand for the bronco if they did that.
the take rate on the v8 F-150 is under 24% and dropping.
Because people like the ecoboost more

Thehime

Black Diamond
First Name
Jaime
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Branco
I get that. I’m a V8 guy myself. The sound of a V8 is unique and sounds so much better than a V6. I always thought V6s were ricers. It’s just hard to purchase a V8 now a days because a twin turbo V6 is more efficient. I would still pick a V8 if I had the choice but I’m not holding my breath for it.

JohnTaurus

Base
First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Taurus, 02 SVT Focus, 74 C10, 69 F100 Ranger

vr00m_vr00m

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Corolla, 93 G20, 87 Bronco II
Clubs

A brick house? That makes total sense. Sick burn, bro.
Nah, it was just a shitty joke. I saw a notification and wound up in this thread with no idea what anyone was discussing.

Pun not intended.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
f150 only has 3.5 high output on top 2 trims
I think the 3.5 HP is going away for 21 to be replaced by the 3.5 hybrid. Notice the F-150 Limited now has only 1 tail pipe when the 20 has 2. My thought is the reason it's going away on the Limited is because it will also go away on the Raptor to be replaced with something more powerful to fend off the TRX.

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jetta
Clubs

More than likely because it won’t fit AND also pass pedestrian/vehicular crash tests. Wouldn’t be enough space around the engine to absorb impact for pedestrians and such, I’d guess. Will have to wait for aftermarket swaps.

Southern Girl

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2013 F-150 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
“built like a brick shithouse”.

That’s what I’m looking for
Why is Shooter McGavin talking about his breakfast again?

I wouldn't want to compare my vehicle to an outhouse. I will not buy a car built like an outhouse, or in anyway associated with scat.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
I think the 3.5 HP is going away for 21 to be replaced by the 3.5 hybrid. Notice the F-150 Limited now has only 1 tail pipe when the 20 has 2. My thought is the reason it's going away on the Limited is because it will also go away on the Raptor to be replaced with something more powerful to fend off the TRX.
So you are saying the next gen f150 raptor will have two options supercharged godzilla with hellcat output or a mild 600 hp electric or electric assist.

Advertisement

Advertisement