First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL/2d/MT/High/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought the OEM beadlock rings for my BL SAS from my Ford dealer. When they were first installed, 3 had leaking issues so back to the dealer. They fixed two of them but one tire despite being fully dismounted and reinstalled is still slowly leaking. The dealer is saying they are going to open up a warranty claim with Ford thinking the ring is defective. Any other thoughts/ideas? The dealer isn't filling me with confidence
Sponsored

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I bought the OEM beadlock rings for my BL SAS from my Ford dealer. When they were first installed, 3 had leaking issues so back to the dealer. They fixed two of them but one tire despite being fully dismounted and reinstalled is still slowly leaking. The dealer is saying they are going to open up a warranty claim with Ford thinking the ring is defective. Any other thoughts/ideas? The dealer isn't filling me with confidence
They are bead-locks, they are going to leak. One of the reasons that they are not DOT approved.

Sponsored

sfonteno

Wildtrak
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They are bead-locks, they are going to leak. One of the reasons that they suck on a daily driver.
Lol. That is just not true with these.

OP, spray soapy water on the bolts. The ones that foam have dirt/grime between the tire and the rim AND NEED TO BE CLEANED. OR the bolt isn't actually tight enough.

I did five by my own hand on a damn bucket and they don't leak. The dealer is screwing them up.

camojeeper

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
i have one leaky one on mine 3-5 psi a week? not a big deal

Rwhite692

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Blazer, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lol. That is just not true with these.

OP, spray soapy water on the bolts. The ones that foam have dirt/grime between the tire and the rim AND NEED TO BE CLEANED. OR the bolt isn't actually tight enough.

I did five by my own hand on a damn bucket and they don't leak. The dealer is screwing them up.

Side question - Did you break the beads / flip them to the outside of the flange by yourself at home, or did you have a tire shop do that part?

Just got my BL rings and wondering how much of a bear its going to be.

I've installed other beadlock wheels into new tires before, so I know that whole process, just wondering if breaking the beads loose on the OEM wheels is going to be an ordeal...

sfonteno

Wildtrak
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Side question - Did you break the beads / flip them to the outside of the flange by yourself at home, or did you have a tire shop do that part?

I've installed other beadlock wheels into new tires before, so I know that whole process, just wondering if breaking the beads loose on the OEM wheels is going to be an ordeal...
If you have three tire irons it involves hopping one iron over another while one stays put. Usually easier with a friend.

If I did it again I'm getting a cheap bead breaker just for that step.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Something like one of these will make your life a lot easier.

https://www.harborfreight.com/collections/automotive-tools/brake-tire-wheel/bead-breaker-58769.html

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fleet of Toyota 4runners and Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Tires aren’t meant to seal that way, you know
This right here. In all my years of wheeling, I've only had one set of beadlocks truly never leak, and they were a set of re-entered humvee wheels. And they weren't strait. My Racelines, my MRW's, my Barts, and my Allieds all had at least one tire leak down at some point. The back side of the tire just isn't designed to be the sealing side.

You can buff the Inside of the tire with a die grinder and scuff pad, that can help, but there's no guarantee with clamping style beadlocks.

And the answer definitely is not to keep tightening the bolts down.

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Better question is if any one has had bead locks that didn’t leak? Usually hold air fairly good , until fist time you drop to 5psi and unless you completely remount slow leaks in my experience is the normal.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've seen some tires have a thicker rubber bead area that others. Probably due to the load rating. This would make a big difference.

OddBall88

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haven’t had my rings leak yet and they’ve been installed for 25k miles or so and have had 2 different sets of tires installed. Both where KM3s.
Sponsored