Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well I crawled under my 21 Big Bend Sasquatch with Advanced Transfer case. It currently has 20,000 miles and I have spent a significant portion off-road as I go out about once a week.

Overall it looked pretty good except for a lot of scrapes and rock rash. The rear driveshaft is hecka rusty already (CA here so not sure why).
The stand out issue though was my rear output seal on the T-Case is seeping oil where the rear driveshaft connects. I have an appt set up to get it repaired. It’s not leaking fast but I prefer to get it repaired prior to my KOH trip. I told them what was wrong on the phone but was told their technician will make that determination. I understand that but per experience with Ford, it’s usually a month out for a reservation, at their appt time it will sit for a few hours before it gets seen and then when it finally gets seen they call me and tell me what’s wrong (exactly what I told them was wrong lol). It then usually involves waiting a day or two more for the actual repair of a job that only takes 1-2 hours… anyway, hoping that doesn’t happen this time and I can make KOH with a proper Tcase. Seeping tcase is pretty bad to have at 20k miles IMO but at least that’s my only bigger issue so far compared to other issues I’ve seen here.

44E3A4DE-8EC3-4D65-B5C7-F51EE2BADA5F.jpeg

0C74FDE5-FBA5-4193-96B1-0C8C2EAA1262.jpeg
Sponsored

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That brother, is why we have skid plates!
I agree about the 20k leak, that seems way to early.

Cybindustries1904

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Raptor, Mach E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hope they can get you fixed up. So you can be on the lakebed with all of us.

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hope they can get you fixed up. So you can be on the lakebed with all of us.
Yup! Either way I’ll be there. Got invited to hang with Project X so I’m stoked for that. Gotta represent Gold Country Broncos! Debating on spending the night in Hammertown or in surrounding BLM land

Sponsored

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That does seem like a lot of rust. Have you been on the beach much? Your exhaust seems like it's 15yrs old. I hope they do the repair without any guff. Good luck

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That does seem like a lot of rust. Have you been on the beach much? Your exhaust seems like it's 15yrs old. I hope they do the repair without any guff. Good luck
No beach, I live near the Sierra Nevadas. All dirt roads, rocks and Moab once.

Reactions: Dom

AustyPosty

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door 2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wouldn’t be concerned about the rusty driveshaft, factory shafts always seem to be barely painted or not painted at all. I think most stock 4wds driveshafts are all rusted like that

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The rear driveshaft is hecka rusty already (CA here so not sure why).
Untreated metal and it's "normal", because Ford has been doing this for a while. F150 owners have been big mad about it, they weren't even coating whole diffs.

2021-ford-f150-axle-rust-petar-1024x629.jpeg

Cybindustries1904

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Raptor, Mach E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup! Either way I’ll be there. Got invited to hang with Project X so I’m stoked for that. Gotta represent Gold Country Broncos! Debating on spending the night in Hammertown or in surrounding BLM land
Come up to the bronco nation area its on the side of the short course in hammertown

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well I crawled under my 21 Big Bend Sasquatch with Advanced Transfer case. It currently has 20,000 miles and I have spent a significant portion off-road as I go out about once a week.

Overall it looked pretty good except for a lot of scrapes and rock rash. The rear driveshaft is hecka rusty already (CA here so not sure why).
The stand out issue though was my rear output seal on the T-Case is seeping oil where the rear driveshaft connects. I have an appt set up to get it repaired. It’s not leaking fast but I prefer to get it repaired prior to my KOH trip. I told them what was wrong on the phone but was told their technician will make that determination. I understand that but per experience with Ford, it’s usually a month out for a reservation, at their appt time it will sit for a few hours before it gets seen and then when it finally gets seen they call me and tell me what’s wrong (exactly what I told them was wrong lol). It then usually involves waiting a day or two more for the actual repair of a job that only takes 1-2 hours… anyway, hoping that doesn’t happen this time and I can make KOH with a proper Tcase. Seeping tcase is pretty bad to have at 20k miles IMO but at least that’s my only bigger issue so far compared to other issues I’ve seen here.

Ford Bronco Leaks, Leaks, Leaks! T-case Leaks. 2021-ford-f150-axle-rust-petar-1024x629

Ford Bronco Leaks, Leaks, Leaks! T-case Leaks. 2021-ford-f150-axle-rust-petar-1024x629
Props for evidence you're driving your Bronco like it's meant to be driven! :)

Ford Bronco Leaks, Leaks, Leaks! T-case Leaks. 1674853074488

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I haven't put my skid plates on yet for this very reason (which is also keeping me from going off-road). Course I'm not waiting to 20K! My goal is try and get at least 5k and if I Don't have anything break downs, or anything leaking, I'm going to call it good.

Trying to get that last 2,500 on-road miles is proving to be a challenge though!

Which Ford dealer you taking it to? People seem to be recommending Folsom Ford as the only one in the area with a decent service department.
Sponsored