Learned that Jeep hate is real

wilmerfjohnson

First Edition
First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner, 2000 Taurus, 1996 Bronco, 1994 F-150, 1988 F-150, 1984 Bronco II, 1978 F-350, 1974 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Not that I understand it really. I went to a small car show today in Spring, Texas and struck up conversation with some Wrangler people. I brought up I had a Bronco on order and they looked at me like I just told them I was a sex offender.

I've been a part of two fairly non-inclusive groups in my life (Texas A&M and the Marine Corps) and still don't really care about pointless rivalries besides joking around but these people cared for some reason.

I hope Bronco people won't be haters but being that it's so similar to the Wrangler, it's more likely to happen than not. Saw some cool cars though, muscle cars, Mustangs, Novas, Bell Aires, a TRX.
It is ridiculous. I can appreciate vehicles that I'd never consider owning. In a few weeks when I have my Bronco, if a Jeep, or FJ, or 4Runner, or Samurai pulls up next to me - I"m glad to chat and share as they are brethren.
Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have a lot of roundabouts here... Thes have, a couple times now given jeep owners a chance to honk at me to make sure I see them giving me a thumbs down. Actually I think one of them maybe have been the middle finger down, out the window while I follow them around and out of the roundabout. I just smile and giggle to myself a bit lol
Ford Bronco Learned that Jeep hate is real laugh-lol

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Jeep peeps should be happy. Jeep peeps have been asking for 35s from the factory for decades. The bronco comes along with the SAS package on any trim and all the sudden Jeep announces the Xtreme Recon package BUT only on the Rubicon.

And soon I bet, Jeep will be working on offering 35s on every trim like Ford.

Almost or Maybe

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not that I understand it really. I went to a small car show today in Spring, Texas and struck up conversation with some Wrangler people. I brought up I had a Bronco on order and they looked at me like I just told them I was a sex offender.

I've been a part of two fairly non-inclusive groups in my life (Texas A&M and the Marine Corps) and still don't really care about pointless rivalries besides joking around but these people cared for some reason.

I hope Bronco people won't be haters but being that it's so similar to the Wrangler, it's more likely to happen than not. Saw some cool cars though, muscle cars, Mustangs, Novas, Bell Aires, a TRX.
I guess every Jeep owner is the same? You run across a couple of A holes please don't assume they represent anyone but themselves! Competition is good for all parties!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Austin26

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
A "real" anything would understand both the good and bad of everything. I dont actually HATE FCA, I am not a fan but they do have some cool sh!t too. As noted everything has a hierarchy of FAndom
Once it became clear they were going to not let the Bronco thing go with me and be kind of rude about it, I went on the offensive while still joking and asked if since they were Fiats if their daily driver was a Fiat 500 or do they do concurrent auto shows with the Fiats and Jeeps or how does that work. That one landed pretty well. I'm quick witted usually so my knowledge of Jeep history I've only recently learned helped. When they hated on the Ford part, I mentioned how Ford made a ton of Jeeps for WW2 as did other manufacturers, that made them pause too lol.

Don't get me wrong they weren't absolute dickheads but just not my version of talking to someone you just met who was trying to be friendly. I went and looked at the muscle cars after I realized I probably wasn't going to learn much from them and they were killing my buzz.
Actually, I am an active member both here on B6G and on the JLWrangler Forum, and I don’t see the hate for Bronco there I see for the Wrangler here.
Maybe it was that group in particular. I didn't exactly lose sleep over it, I just found it surprising so decided to post that I finally did meet some Jeep owners and they were borderline dicks.

I had tried chatting them up to learn about aftermarket companies they like so that when they make Bronco products I'll have some good information.
Without rivalries, life would be boring though! I don't understand when it reaches the level of hate! My brother likes Chevy, he rags me all the time about my F150! Up until we take them down the road and out in the country and I blow his doors off! 2 strokes truck, 4 Strokes suck! Oh...Hook em' Horns!
I enjoy rivalries. So I'm a big college football fan which it sounds like you may be as well. I enjoy talking to rivals or conference team fans when it's a resourceful and normal conversation. Like you sound like you would probably be that way, which is great. People that take a rivalry too far are likely either just hateful individuals or small minded in their lives' experiences and don't know different (or better).
Kind of a silly conversation considering today's date and anniversary, doncha think?
Meaning my post is petty because it was on 9/11?
It’s the same hate I experience being an arkansas fan living in Texas.. 😂🤣😂🙈 it happens.. we live in Montgomery and I completely understand lol howdy neighbor!
We should take care of y'all soon enough but I was happy for y'all last night!
Made UT a little worried about joining the SEC.
Last night's performance warmed my heart.
I guess every Jeep owner is the same? You run across a couple of A holes please don't assume they represent anyone but themselves! Competition is good for all parties!
No, but approximately 12 out of 12 people at the car show were. I never said all Jeep owners were that way either.

Last edited:

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeepers hate everyone, don't worry about it, lol, I should know, i have a FJ Cruiser and the hate is real, lol

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not all Jeep owners are tool bags but a good majority are! The ones with the inferiority complex are the owners of the wrangler that look like eBay through up all over it.
I purchased the Bronco horn just for this, you can own an eBay wrangler but you can never have a Bronco with a Bronco Horn 😂

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Jeepers are just lashing out because of all the hate they receive from the Toyota fanbois. Owning both (along with a SuperDuty) it is funny how the Toyota world spends most of it's time bashing Jeeps. I'm wondering if they have enough hate and insecurities to bash as hard on the Broncos when they become more prevalent.

LagoCJ

Raptor
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRaptor and GMC Canyon AT4X
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have had my Bronco for about two months now. I have only seen one other Bronco (yesterday), since seeing the prototypes running around Detroit, back in Spring. No doubt in my mind that others with their Broncos are experiencing the same CRAZY interest and behavior from others....and the craziest behavior has been from Wrangler folks.

Example: I was sitting in my Bronco and about to pull out of a restaurant parking lot. There was a Rubi that pulled in a few stalls away and the driver jumped out and ran over to my rig. Without preamble (while the Bronco was running), he proceeded to dive under the passenger side and crawled on his back to get a look at the undercarriage.....I have to admit, me and Bronco....we felt violated. Thank goodness I noticed his weird behavior or he would have been under there as I pulled out of the parking space.

No joke....watch out as you drive, park....anything. Your Bronco will be a magnet of desire, fascination and inappropriate behavior until there are more of them on the road. Be prepared for Wranglers to suddenly stop in traffic to get a chance to raise their iPhone for a photo app....

Sponsored
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Hyundai accent, 1988 Porsche 944
Your Bronco Model
Base
I mean I do hate Jeeps, but not because "brand" reasons. But because I've worked on them and I hate of how piss poor the new ones are made. I'm a GM guy and I do not like Ford but I ordered a Bronco cause I think they're appealing and very well made. But after saying all that I would never look down on people for what they like. Hell I used to own a 99 Firebird and that thing was a hunk of junk but I still loved it so to each their own I guess.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Bucky is 1 of a kind in the entire area(except a overpriced dealer demo sitting on lot lol)and i get the occational thumbs up and "nicetruck" in mall parking lots,but for the most part most must think it's another Jeep?

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think just like with sports teams and military branches it is mostly just friendly banter.

There are a few that take it to the extreme and are mostly clueless. I would stereotype them into the ones that install "Angry Eyes grills" and other type mods.

icd70

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Talking about rivals- I-was In in the Navy…
Lol

I don’t get the hate from either side …without the push of Jeep the bronco is still a distant thought. And with Bronco will only push Jeep to be a better rig/brand
In all fairness not a true rivalry they are a division of the Navy... More like a little brother we have to drive around. LOL Go Navy! USS NASSAU!

icd70

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Go Navy Beat Army!
Lol

by the way love your profile Pic
Hell we got owned by Airforce last weekend. Am sure the Army game is going to be a Circle William event for us... :(
Sponsored