Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Happens in every hobby I get into. With sport bikes you’re not a “real” motorcyclist until you’re running race rubber and setting track records right?
Agree!
Even in 🏃🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♂️running. Some “trail runners” thought they were in an elite group that was too cool for road racers.
Sponsored

zzcoop

Black Diamond
First Name
A-A-Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.postrockimages.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To each their own, I say. There's more than enough room in the mall parking lot for all of us.

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is real. Most Jeeps pretend like they don’t see me. It’s hilarious.
Just wait a little bit and some of the guys with older solid axel Broncos will do the same. It’s not just a brand hate that’s out there.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Marines huh? A real Marine or a POG?

I kid.

I tried to get my son to go the aviation side, and I couldn’t believe the hate. Kinda funny though as he ended up with over 600 hours of combat flight time without being on the aviation side. The hate, for good or bad, is every where. Just have fun with it.

Now the Aggies, where shall we start…
When my son entered the Marines I counseled the lad against adopting the “OTI” (other than infantry) elitist attitude against all things and people who were not infantry. I don’t know if it was my sage fatherly advice, my articulate prose or the fact that I made it clear in no uncertain terms that he would have his head handed to him in an extraordinarily violent manner, but he turned out to be quite the exemplary US Marine. ;-)

Sponsored

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm part of a fairly large brand-neutral offroad club which is mostly populated by Jeeps just because that's mostly what's out there. When people starting posting about the Broncos, the haters came out of the woodwork. People were ignorant and hated the Bronco, not because it was a Bronco, but because it was IFS. Like rock-crawling puritans are the only ones who really offroad. I have no hate for Jeep, I've owned and wheeled 2 of them, but the Bronco was an opportunity to try something new.

That being said, there's also a bunch of people around me that can't wait for me to get mine because they want to see one wheeled.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I gave a thumbs up and a wave to an EB last weekend while driving my Gladiator. He waved back. And I wondered after the fact if he thought I waved because I didn't know better and thought it was a Jeep. LOL

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not that I understand it really. I went to a small car show today in Spring, Texas and struck up conversation with some Wrangler people. I brought up I had a Bronco on order and they looked at me like I just told them I was a sex offender.

I've been a part of two fairly non-inclusive groups in my life (Texas A&M and the Marine Corps) and still don't really care about pointless rivalries besides joking around but these people cared for some reason.

I hope Bronco people won't be haters but being that it's so similar to the Wrangler, it's more likely to happen than not. Saw some cool cars though, muscle cars, Mustangs, Novas, Bell Aires, a TRX.
Actually, I am an active member both here on B6G and on the JLWrangler Forum, and I don’t see the hate for Bronco there I see for the Wrangler here. I think Ford is partly to blame for fostering this as a rivalry, and trying so hard to copy the Wrangler but boast “improvements” (and only time will tell if the improvements they are boasting about - ie no centre Sound Bar to support the hard top removeable panels and allow the driver to actually hear their sound system with the top off, or turbo engine options only on an off-road rig designed to eat dirt for a living) are actually “improvements”. If this was the 1980’s Cola Wars, Jeep would be Coke - focussing on the positive experience of drinking their Cola - “Have a Coke and a Smile”; and Bronco would be Pepsi, advertising that they are “the Choice of a New Generation”, and that Coke is for….losers.

Of all the Forums I am on, B6G is known for having the most toxic members. That isn’t meant to be an all encompassing statement. There are more than plenty of exceptions - but even in the Ford community, B6G is noted for it’s….. more vociferous posts. This isn’t healthy for building an off road community that is made up of a lot more than just Wranglers and Broncos. It isn’t healthy for anybody.

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The license plate on my Bronco will either be: WGLRSUX or NTAWGLR. Kidding. However, there are so many Wranglers here in Vegas that seeing them is exhausting to me.

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Last edited:

Sponsored

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Consider the source....if someone is so into their lifestyle or choices they see everyone else as bad or wrong....THEY've got the problem. And that kind of shallow immaturity is fortunately somewhat rare. Just take the higher ground, and be nice to them.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Of all the Forums I am on, B6G is known for having the most toxic members. That isn’t meant to be an all encompassing statement. There are more than plenty of exceptions - but even in the Ford community, B6G is noted for it’s….. more vociferous posts. This isn’t healthy for building an off road community that is made up of a lot more than just Wranglers and Broncos. It isn’t healthy for anybody.
I'm on many forums as well as FB groups. Those FB groups are the absolute worst. From both sides. I have never seen a group of people try to trim shame someone because they didn't buy the top of the line model. And God forbid if you post an opinion that someone doesn't agree with. It starts a mob mentality where a bunch of them will totally gang up on one person just to try to beat them down.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went to a small car show today in Spring,
Must be car show day! The wife and I went to LuckenRod. The car show in Luckenbach TX today. Staying in Fredericksburg tonight! Just a few of my favorites out of around 400 entries
PXL_20210911_161114427.MP.jpg
PXL_20210911_175809716.jpg
PXL_20210911_175635308.MP.jpg
PXL_20210911_174016155.jpg
PXL_20210911_174008924.MP.jpg
PXL_20210911_161207333.jpg
PXL_20210911_161239556.MP.jpg
PXL_20210911_161058771.jpg
PXL_20210911_161049585.MP.jpg

zoldham

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ha-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Ram 1500, Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not that I understand it really. I went to a small car show today in Spring, Texas and struck up conversation with some Wrangler people. I brought up I had a Bronco on order and they looked at me like I just told them I was a sex offender.

I've been a part of two fairly non-inclusive groups in my life (Texas A&M and the Marine Corps) and still don't really care about pointless rivalries besides joking around but these people cared for some reason.

I hope Bronco people won't be haters but being that it's so similar to the Wrangler, it's more likely to happen than not. Saw some cool cars though, muscle cars, Mustangs, Novas, Bell Aires, a TRX.
Semper Fi
Sponsored