First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It appears the Outer Banks model is the first trim to offer leather seats. As someone who wants leather seats and was planning on going with the Base model or Big Bend, what options do I have? Has anyone had experience with leather seat covers? Or would it be wise to get it reupholstered?
Sponsored

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A few other members suggested Katzkin,
I looked on their website but no mention of cost. Does anyone have a ballpark what the Katzkins would cost to reupholster a 2 door Bronco?

OP
OP
Sough

Sough

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I looked on their website but no mention of cost. Does anyone have a ballpark what the Katzkins would cost to reupholster a 2 door Bronco?
I just checked it out. If you select make and model of a car and then the seat material you want, it allows you to enter your location and find a shop. In my case it said estimated price was around $2K. I could have put more info in to ask for a quote though.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Weigh the cost of having it done locally vs the upgrade. You also want to consider the impact on re-sale. How big is the buyer pool that wants more of lower trim model with leather sets? I would guess the majority of those owners would want the marine vinyl for ultimate utility.

You may plan on keeping it for 10 years. If that is the case the issue becomes less relevant.

I always tell my teams one of the most critical components before entering into a contract is to know exactly what it will take to get out it in the event something unforeseen does not go to plan. I view making a expensive car purchase in a similar way. Best to have your eyes wide open and aware of the impacts before you sign on the dotted line. Which is exactly what you are doing by starting this thread.

Something to consider. Good luck in your purchase.

Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It appears the Outer Banks model is the first trim to offer leather seats. As someone who wants leather seats and was planning on going with the Base model or Big Bend, what options do I have? Has anyone had experience with leather seat covers? Or would it be wise to get it reupholstered?
im in the same boat. sucks that even with the big bend i’m paying 37k for a car that has cloth seats.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had heated Katskins put in my access cab Tacoma as a dealer option back in 2010 for about $1700 (Two bucket seats and two SMALL seats in the back). I have been looking to replace the Drivers seat recently, and the cost was approximately $400-500 if I recall correctly.

The quality was really nice, but at about 100,000 miles, the drivers seat has some cracking and I have worn a hole on the outside edge where I constantly drag my leg on them while clambering into the lifted vehicle. I don't think this is abnormal for a 10 year old seat.

Personally, I would buy them again if I was going to keep the truck.

OP
OP
Sough

Sough

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Weigh the cost of having it done locally vs the upgrade. You also want to consider the impact on re-sale. How big is the buyer pool that wants more of lower trim model with leather sets? I would guess the majority of those owners would want the marine vinyl for ultimate utility.

You may plan on keeping it for 10 years. If that is the case the issue becomes less relevant.

I always tell my teams one of the most critical components before entering into a contract is to know exactly what it will take to get out it in the event something unforeseen does not go to plan. I view making a expensive car purchase in a similar way. Best to have your eyes wide open and aware of the impacts before you sign on the dotted line. Which is exactly what you are doing by starting this thread.

Something to consider. Good luck in your purchase.
Thanks for the input. I do plan on keeping the car for 10+ years. I realize plans can change though. Once the build and price comes out it will make it easier to decide.

Obi-Wan Broncoby

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I first put Katzkins on my wife's 2007 Rav-4. Sold it in 2018 and I swear they looked brand new. She got a 2018 CRV and got them installed right after purchase. I also had them put in my 2015 F-150.

If you're in the Houston area the company we used in 2007 was Texas Auto Trim. They were the only place that did them back then and did a great job for like $1200. BY 2018 there was a new place up north of Houston called All Out Off Road. As good as I liked the first experience, these guys hit it out of the park both in helping my wife decide on a pattern and colors and the install. I liked them so much I had my 2015 F-150 done right after. It was like $1500 or $1600 by then.

IMO this is an excellent product. I have no intention of ever getting factory leather just because I know how nice Katzkin is.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sough

Sough

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I payed $1350 including install for Katzkin. Was cheaper than factory leather on JL. Allows custon colors, two tone and logos. To me better than factory on the Jeep.
Ford Bronco Leather Seat Options jeep-
These look super nice. Definitely may go that route.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Katzkin on Ford Fusion was around $1k and was rolled into financing. Factory leather wasn't an option with the package I selected. I have no plans to add leather to Big Bend 4 door.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You can get a pretty good deal on aftermarket leather if you want to do it yourself. Not THAT difficult. But buy the right tools first.

I've had aftermarket leather in a couple of vehicles, and the best quality I've had so far is Roadwire leather in my Tundra. It's almost 8 years old and still looks fantastic. Lots of custom touches youcan add too. Mine are black with red stitching and red inside all the perforations.

Expect ballpark of 2k, plus or minus, depending on options you choose and quality of materials.
Sponsored