First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai, F250, Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well I haven’t even had my first oil change and I just noticed the past couple days that my seats are already starting to flake on the leather. The leather seats seem to be wrinkling on the inner leather section which looks to be a different shade and texture of leather than the outside portion. This is the driver side closest to the door which is where I get in and out of the vehicle.
I have seen in another thread someone also talking about some leather flaking on their bronco as well. With almost all my vehicles having leather I have never seen this type of issue especially before 5,000 miles.
I have just schedule an oil change and tire rotation and informed the dealership that they need to inspect the seats. The side closest to the door seems to be wrinkled a lot more and is where the issue is occurring. My bronco is garage kept and is just now only hitting three months old.
attaching two photos including the stitch line where you can see two spots that look to be starting to flaking, the back portion of my seat which is wrinkling a lot with flaking.
Ford Bronco Leather seats flaking before first oil change 73970C44-EB46-45E3-8E05-A57E6D34114A
Ford Bronco Leather seats flaking before first oil change 4C2AB977-0AF6-45E0-A2AD-FE068189E49C
Sponsored

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well I haven’t even had my first oil change and I just noticed the past couple days that my seats are already starting to flake on the leather. The leather seats seem to be wrinkling on the inner leather section which looks to be a different shade and texture of leather than the outside portion. This is the driver side closest to the door which is where I get in and out of the vehicle.
I have seen in another thread someone also talking about some leather flaking on their bronco as well. With almost all my vehicles having leather I have never seen this type of issue especially before 5,000 miles.
I have just schedule an oil change and tire rotation and informed the dealership that they need to inspect the seats. The side closest to the door seems to be wrinkled a lot more and is where the issue is occurring. My bronco is garage kept and is just now only hitting three months old.
attaching two photos including the stitch line where you can see two spots that look to be starting to flaking, the back portion of my seat which is wrinkling a lot with flaking.
Ford Bronco Leather seats flaking before first oil change 4C2AB977-0AF6-45E0-A2AD-FE068189E49C
That looks like it would have had 150K miles on that seat-ouch

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This really sucks. I know that Ford is in the money making business and that getting cost effective materials help to keep down their cost of goods. But holy cow (pun not intended), does everything in the Bronco have to be from the lowest bidder?

I never like to buy first model year on a new/redesigned vehicle because of growing pains, but these growing pains for the Bronco have been going on for awhile now. I hope that Mr. Halliburton can get QC under control sooner rather then later.

Sponsored

Deleted member 32220

Be thankful you haven’t had to change the engine before the oil…Twice, on the same vehicle. That has happened here.

Sponsored

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is precisely why I changed to MGV last minute. Can't trust that Ford leather. I hope they replace the seats for you.

airforceteacher

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW sedan, Eruption Green OBX on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's .... odd. I've never had a leather seat flake in any car I've had. Arm rests, but not seats.

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wow that's not good. All leather does that at some point, but it shouldn't that fast! Amazingly, the best leather seats I have ever had are in my 2014 Focus Titanium, they still look brand new, in a Focus! They are also very comfortable seats.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe it's the lighting, but I thought the roast leather on the OBX had blue stitching?
Sponsored