Sponsored

Leather separating from the cushion (blister)

BRDDOGN

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Platinum and BMW X3M40i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is anyone experience their leather separating from the cushion or what I would call blistering? The picture below is the driver seat and it is the worst of all the seats. The other seats are beginning to pucker at the corners and it is just a matter of time until they look like the attached image. I will be making an appointment with the dealership tomorrow. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

PS - I know it needs to be vacuumed.

Ford Bronco Leather separating from the cushion (blister) IMG_6035
Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So the leather isn’t actually attached to the cushion. It’s basically a cover if you will. What you are seeing is stretching of the leather from your butt. The “blister” is your butt imprint. We all have this, and the driver seat is the worst because it’s the most used. Shitty quality.

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As mentioned above, it’s a butt print. Not a blister. It will go back to shape when not sat in it.

OP
OP
BRDDOGN

BRDDOGN

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Platinum and BMW X3M40i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey y’all, thanks for the input. I hear ya and I agree, shitty quality. The last time I drove her was 6 days ago. I wonder if Ford will “re-stretch” it under warranty. I am thinking about making an appointment just to be a PITA. Have a good one and be safe.

Mjasi3

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
its your butt

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Is anyone experience their leather separating from the cushion or what I would call blistering? The picture below is the driver seat and it is the worst of all the seats. The other seats are beginning to pucker at the corners and it is just a matter of time until they look like the attached image. I will be making an appointment with the dealership tomorrow. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

PS - I know it needs to be vacuumed.

Ford Bronco Leather separating from the cushion (blister) IMG_6035
Hi Paul! I can look into your Bronco's seat concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?

Durangatan

Base
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, A6 Avant, TTRS, SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Base
It could also be that Ford is using a "recycled" leather that is a composite of scraps, adhered together. A colored PVC film is then applied. Goes back to "shitty quality".

You are not going to get into "real" leather" - that is complete hides that are tanned and dyed - until you get into vehicles that cost well into 6-figures. Many hides have imperfections that registers that animal's activity throughout its life. Those perfect hides are rare, and the cost reflects it. What passes for leather is a hide with imperfections. it is dyed, and a color way matched PVC film is placed on it to hide that animal's battle scars.

If you purchase a lower price point vehicles with leather you are just sitting on PVC.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad I did not get the leather option.

Meloco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco edge excape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine is Definitely not doing that

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would hate to be the ass print repair tech.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It could also be that Ford is using a "recycled" leather that is a composite of scraps, adhered together. A colored PVC film is then applied. Goes back to "shitty quality".

You are not going to get into "real" leather" - that is complete hides that are tanned and dyed - until you get into vehicles that cost well into 6-figures. Many hides have imperfections that registers that animal's activity throughout its life. Those perfect hides are rare, and the cost reflects it. What passes for leather is a hide with imperfections. it is dyed, and a color way matched PVC film is placed on it to hide that animal's battle scars.

If you purchase a lower price point vehicles with leather you are just sitting on PVC.
Exactly. When the last time you ate chicken and the skin was as perfect as your steering wheel? I used chicken as the example since we don’t eat cow skin.
Sponsored