95Bravo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a Base Squatch with the base interior package. The steering wheel material is plastic-y and just a bad feel (it’s functional for getting caught topless in the rain or muddy days on the trials, I get that). I ordered and installed the Wheelskins (https://wheelskins.com/) leather wrap that others on this site had recommended. It turned out great; I love it. If others are interested, I ordered charcoal color and submitted the following size dimensions:

Steering wheel measurements:
Outside diameter = 14 3/4"
Top = 4 1/4"
Bottom = 5 1/4"
Left (just above the crossbar) = 4 3/8"
Left (just below the crossbar) = 4 1/4"
Right (just above the crossbar) = 4 3/8"
Right (just below the crossbar) = 4 1/4"

If I were to order it again, I might submit 5 6/32" on the bottom dimension (Wheelskins used a different leather on the bottom and it could be a little bit tighter).

St wheel.jpg
Sponsored

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Interesting. What was the cost?

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm generally not a fan of yucking someone else's yum... but in this instance I can't help myself here. The way it covers the bottom spokes of the wheel makes it looks definitively aftermarket, and not in a good way.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wheelskins company is for sale if anyone interested not a fan of how those covers fit i think part of the bulkiness comes from the fact that the base wheel in rubberized plastic is made to be the same size as the leather wrapped unit and therefore when you add a wrap on top of the base wheel you get an even bulkier wheel but I give it a A+ for function

EL in NH

Base
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch, 2005 HD springer,2010 sporty
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a Base Squatch with the base interior package. The steering wheel material is plastic-y and just a bad feel (it’s functional for getting caught topless in the rain or muddy days on the trials, I get that). I ordered and installed the Wheelskins (https://wheelskins.com/) leather wrap that others on this site had recommended. It turned out great; I love it. If others are interested, I ordered charcoal color and submitted the following size dimensions:

Steering wheel measurements:
Outside diameter = 14 3/4"
Top = 4 1/4"
Bottom = 5 1/4"
Left (just above the crossbar) = 4 3/8"
Left (just below the crossbar) = 4 1/4"
Right (just above the crossbar) = 4 3/8"
Right (just below the crossbar) = 4 1/4"

If I were to order it again, I might submit 5 6/32" on the bottom dimension (Wheelskins used a different leather on the bottom and it could be a little bit tighter).

Ford Bronco Leather Wrap for Base Steering Wheel From Wheelskins St wheel
Ford Bronco Leather Wrap for Base Steering Wheel From Wheelskins external

Sponsored

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh God No

RalBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
You did much better than I probably would’ve done. That being said, I’m having a difficult time not staring at the bottom of that wheel. I might pay someone to do mine eventually.

All seriousness though- thank you for posting. This is something that’s been on my mind lately.

OP
OP

95Bravo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
You did much better than I probably would’ve done. That being said, I’m having a difficult time not staring at the bottom of that wheel. I might pay someone to do mine eventually.

All seriousness though- thank you for posting. This is something that’s been on my mind lately.
I hear you about the bottom; the entire thing has smoothed in the months after install. The feel is FAR better than the cheap rubber that Ford installed on my Base Squatch. I don't think it looks bad. To each their own, I suppose (I mean, I'd never drive a Ford Escape, God no!, but some people do.)

Here are two possible alternatives: (1) posted on BroncoSport, but is $800, and (2) the vendor takes apart your wheel...and I'm NOT going to let someone do that and then later have an airbag fail. Anyway, here are the links:

http://dallassteeringwheel.com/about.htm

https://www.broncosportforum.com/fo...r-steering-wheel-is-it-something-common.2981/

factory wheel.jpg
Sponsored