Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes A220
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a badlands ordered and want to put LED lighting on the BRONCO lettering on the front grille. Wondering if anyone has any ideas or solutions to getting this done. I was thinking of wiring it to one of the aux switches since those are already built in.
Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Simply mount independently addressable LED's behind each letter along with a small raspberry pi to program in whatever effect/color you're looking for.

That being said, typically this exact question/thread has the OP just wanting to buy something ready made and possibly with a handyman to wire it in for them. (there must be a half dozen threads asking this same question by now)

Which direction are you leaning, @Myrandar?

OP
OP

Myrandar

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes A220
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Simply mount independently addressable LED's behind each letter along with a small raspberry pi to program in whatever effect/color you're looking for.

That being said, typically this exact question/thread has the OP just wanting to buy something ready made and possibly with a handyman to wire it in for them. (there must be a half dozen threads asking this same question by now)

Which direction are you leaning, @Myrandar?
I was wanting to customize something if possible. I would rather customize myself rather than buy something ready made so that my bronco is truly a one of a kind. 😁

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was wanting to customize something if possible. I would rather customize myself rather than buy something ready made so that my bronco is truly a one of a kind. 😁
You can do quite a bit with addressable LED's. Get wild if you like! DiscoFish for example is individual LED's programmed to a number of displays.

Since the doors of Bronco come off, you could also do some under-seat lighting which would be easy to program as you like. Here's what i've been using for some nighttime signs lately. Just choose 150 or 300 LED depending on how smooth you want transitions to be. Obviously more work to program denser strands of LED's.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BHK4LNQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like your idea, but i agree with the posts that say wait for aftermarket. You might have mad skills but my finish work never comes off as professional.

I'm planning to paint my grill white and then paint the letters contrasting colors. The vintage look is black on the sides and red on the faces. I'm considering contracting a pro for this simple task because i don't want it to look like... well, like i did it myself.
Sponsored