Sponsored

Led lights connected to the high beam switch?

BroncoPQ

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi

I have the regular front plastic bumper with the oem fog light. I plan to add a bull bar with led lights.

I like the feature that the vehicule goes on high beam automaticly....

Would it be possible to connect those led lights on the high beam circuit?

Thanks

None mine but i like!
Ford Bronco Led lights connected to the high beam switch? Screenshot_20211215-102630_Facebook

Screenshot_20211215-102630_Facebook.jpg
Sponsored

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As far as I know, light bars are illegal to use on roads. Don't connect it to your high beam switch.

I love a good light bar, but it is absolutely blinding to encounter an idiot on the road who thinks it's a good idea to have theirs turned on.

Last edited:

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From a functionality stand point it should work, just tap off the high beam circuit to trigger a relay. The legality I'll leave to others that know better.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As far as I know, light bars are illegal to use on roads. Don't connect it to your high beam switch.

I love a good light bar, but it is absolutely blinding to encounter an idiot on the road who thinks it's a good idea to have theirs turned on.
Some A-hole in a lifted 250 had his on this morning. BLINDING. please don't be that guy

BabyJake

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes it is. How on the bronco im not sure.
Ive done it on prior off road vehicles ive owned.
Just dont use on the street as everyone keeps repeating.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoPQ

BroncoPQ

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Some A-hole in a lifted 250 had his on this morning. BLINDING. please don't be that guy

If you are on high beam....there is no one in front of you....and again my truck turn the high beam off automaticly off when a vehicule is seen

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't connect it to the high beam circuit, its pointless to do so as you will want to control it when you need it. Snowing and high beams is terrible for instance. Also the auto high beams really suck on corners and you'll be a douchebag in no time.

I night ski a lot and its a 16 mile road with lots of corners. A light bar makes the drive much safer but its a constant on/off thing. Legality, smegality, I'll take my risk in court cause black ice don't care.

OP
OP
BroncoPQ

BroncoPQ

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Or can i plug them to the fog lights circuit? If so how?

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ITLRUN

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I actually disagree in theory. I like to have mine wired so that they can only be turned on when the high beams are on. You still have to manually use the AUX switch to turn them on. But when you meet someone on the trail, its so much easier to turn off the high beams and it turn all the AUX lights off at the same time. That way I'm not fumbling with multiple switches to keep from blinding someone.

Sponsored

pfbz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Turbo, 991 Turbo S, 996 turbo, Q5 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Base
As above, I have my light bar on both a manual master switch *and* tapped to the high beams (on my F150, Bronco not delivered yet).

I do a lot of remote mountain road driving where the bright aux lights are essential for spotting curves, wildlife, etc, but you still will occasionally get oncoming traffic. With it wired to the high beams, I can easily drop them well before they are blinding to another driver without reaching over for an aux switch.

I also have them on a master switch, so in urban areas they are normally off even if high beams are on.

Works perfectly for my needs...

WillinMA

Wildtrak
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak, 2020 G Wagon, 2018 Audi R8 Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm trying to wire up similar to ITLRUN where the aux switch will only work if the highbeams are on. I looked at the headlight wiring schematics and thought I would find a wire to tap into for the relay - but it wasn't obvious to me from the labels. Where are folks tapping into the high beam wire??

Texasgrillchef

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Harley Trike, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

which circuit would that be though, the high beam circuit doesn’t have a dedicated fuse like most older cars etc…. There isn't a fused circuit on either the I ter fuse box, or the engine compartment fuse box that goes “live” when high beams are activated.

I have checked every fuse in both locations to see if there is a difference between high beams on and off, and there isn’t one.

on a previous off road vehicle, I had a light bar that had low beam and high beam mode. I used a relay circuit that hooked up to my high beam. So that ONLY when I activated turned on the Led light bar, then and only then would turning on high beams turn on the high beam mode of the light bar. If the light bar was NOT on, then the high beam switch would have zero effect on my light bar.

However, I have not been able find a circuit to allow that to happen on the bronco. I think because everything is now controlled through a can connection.

Last edited:

JohnnyBoots

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XJ, BMW Z4, Mini Clubman JCW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had some spot/driving lights on my MINI 15 years ago hooked up to the high beams. They were great, minus the few times you need to flash your lights and the sun erupts from the front of the vehicle. With the automatic headlights, you're now outstripping the intention with a aftermarket light. I'd rather run them on the their own switch as needed. Having them come on/off automatically seems like a step too far.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was looking at wiring a separate switch and relay to switch the negative on my bumper lights. I’ve found flipping off multiple upfitter switches for oncoming traffic is annoying. If I switched the ground on and off on all lights I could dim everything off a single switch somewhere closer to where my hands are when driving or even a floor dimmer.
Sponsored